More Fall Fashion

genebujold

How would these fashions, on average, look on a man?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. How would these fashions, on average, look on a man?

• Gay
    • Crossdresser
    • Comfortable with his sexuality
    • Stylish, but crossing gender lanes
    • Stylish, but pushing gender lanes
    • Stylish. What gender lanes are you talking about?
    • Manly
    • Not stylish
    • None of the above

Please take a moment to vote on the following styles, as a whole. Before voting, however, please read the following:

Several years ago, my wardrobe was limited to two pair each of loafers, walking shoes, hiking boots, and sandals (eight shoes total), along with the usual men's assortment of jeans, slacks, suits, etc.

All guy stuff.

Since I began wearing heels, however, first for comfort, then for style, my wardrobe has crossed the lines into the women's department, not that I'm trying to appear as a woman, but that I really enjoy their wider ranges of style, particularly those that still look at home on a man, but offer a variety of style that we'll never find in the men's section.

It's the "wider range of style" that I'm asking you to vote on here, namely, in answer to the following question: "How would these styles look on a man?" Consider both the style itself as well as societal reaction.

Thank you!

Poncho: Posted Image

Black leather jeans and rusty jacket: Posted Image

Wavier, more luxurious coats: Posted Image

Black Poncho: Posted Image

Stylish Robes with tastes from men's earlier fashions: Posted Image

Kilt-like clothing with a slightly different cut: Posted Image

Leather Ankle Boots: Posted Image

Croc-leather boots with a higher than usual (for a man) heel: Posted Image

Motorcycle Jacket: Posted Image

Turtlenecks with a Twist: Posted Image

Shirtdresses (especially leather): Posted Image

I mean, really - how many of these, if worn by a man, in the appropriate colors with the appropriate accessories, would actually shout "female!" or "crossdresser!" ? Or would they say, "different, but stylish?" Perhaps something else?

Thank you for voting, and please share your detailed opinion on each of the styles, or your recommendations for other styles that would like fine on a man.

While I think any of this stuff can safely be worn by some men without problems, the guys sure would have to have the proper build to carry it off. I am 5'10" tall and weigh 175 Lbs, which isn't ideal for these fashions. I'll not vote and just stick to boring men's things from the ankles up. :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

While I think any of this stuff can safely be worn by some men without problems, the guys sure would have to have the proper build to carry it off. I am 5'10" tall and weigh 175 Lbs, which isn't ideal for these fashions. I'll not vote and just stick to boring men's things from the ankles up. :-?

Hmmm... Perhaps I should have included some selections from the plus sections!

I see your point, however - some of these choices are fairly limited to rail-frame individuals. I think others, however, like a poncho worn over a pair of jeans, would like fine on a portly individual, provided it hung low enough, say, mid-thigh.

It's difficult to pick an average answer... some of them are very specifically feminine (IMHO) but some men of them could get away with - and there are men's style motorcycle jackets (actually far more than women's in this case), turtlenecks and leather trousers. And as has already been said, some of those styles are designed for slimmer, curvier female figures than male ones (tunic tops and jumpsuits for example).

If you are too open-minded your brains will fall out.

I agree with all the posts.... I saw a guy wearing a poncho over jeans and a white shirt. It looked good without screaming femenine. My wife commented that she never imagined that a poncho could look fashionable in a man. All styles are great and could work, i think the important thing is how you coordinate the whole look! Pam

Some of the styles would look old west, for the poncho items, or just artsy. Claiming to be artistic in some circles lets you get away with things. "I'm an artist" can change a "what the heck?" to an understanding "ohh, okay" with a smile. Which is sad that we have to stoop to being a stereotype to gain acceptance for fashion expression. But sometimes you need a line to keep people from doing something stupid. I often wonder if acceptance has to be fought for with sneaky tactics instead of blatant assaults on the backwards social perceptions. Also it will depend on where you are when you put on these outfits. I think at least a third could be done gender neutral, anything with trousers, anyway. Skirts and dresses will be seen as pushing and crossing that gender line.

I generally agree with Laurie. I put stylish but crossing gender lanes. Some like black leather trousers, boots and Rusty jacket are nice. Many of these items wouldn't fit properly on most men. You have to have the right body shape. I notice someone put "Gay" in the survey. They didn't stick around to try to justify their opinion with a post though :-?

Sorry Gene, but the range is too wide to give one answer, some would appear gender neutral, some feminine, some masculine and some crossdresser. I had to go with FF and vote "stylish but crossing gender lanes" as in each one falls one side or the other or on the line. Some I think are quite masculine, others woud scream crossdresser through a very large megaphone into a pa system if I wore them.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

• 2 weeks later...

Out of a total of 16 different pictures,

9 votes to Stylish. What gender lanes are you talking about?--Black leather jeans and rusty jacket, Wavier more luxurious coats (I've seen wealthy men on the Upper East Side wearing these), black poncho, croc-leather boots with a higher than usual (for a man) heel, Motorcycle jacket, Turtleneck with a twist, Basic Black, More Basic Black, Jumpsuits.

4 votes to Stylish, but pushing gender lanes--Poncho (the first pic has a cowlneck), Kilt like clothing (the acceptance of kilts makes for kilt like clothing to be more acceptable :-? begging the question?), Leather ankle boots, Shawls.

2 votes to Stylish, but crossing gender lanes--Stylish robes with tastes from men's earlier fashions, shirt dresses (especially leather).

1 vote to comfortable with his sexuality--tunic tops with larger sleeves. Personally, I don't pigeonhole larger sleeves as feminine. Nor, do I classify them as masculine. So, I voted comfortable with sexuality.

If there had not been 2 votes to Stylish, but crossing gender lanes, I would have voted Stylish. What gender lanes are you talking about overall.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.