Changing horses...

It's time. I finished my last case, packed up my things from the office and loaded them into my Suburban to be stored for 7 years. I'm 'retiring' from the Law & going to persue entertaining. I feel the time is right & I'm secure financially so I'm going to go for it! I went through my wardrobe and sent the things that were in good shape to a womens' center so that they'll help someone else less fortunate. Likewise my shoe collection. I am now down to a paltry 75 prs.! Aren't you proud of me! :D I ordered 6 new prs. from ItalianHeels (125mm strappies) & 3 more from SexyShoes (style #7114) that will work with my new things from my costumer who is in Fallbrooke, CA. I changed my hair color too! I'm now a redhead! Still shoulder length and bouffant. Seannie, Samantha & I went out & shopped. We came up with a new lingere' wardrobe-new bras & undies! My corsets are still viable so I'm keeping them! :-? Next week I have a gig at a local comedy club. I'm looking foreward to being able to start devoting more time to performing. Nice to be moving foreward. I'll have a great deal of new material for more stories and will still be clik-clik-cliking my way about in my 5.5" stilettos. Am I nervous? Well yes, a bit. But I'm also very jazzed about the new possibilities & adventures that lie ahead. I'll be keeping you all posted! Wish me luck! Namaste', Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

So, when can we look forward to seeing you appearing on "Last Comic Standing"? :-? (Please keep us posted as to how your career is going. You're a well liked member here and we sure would appreciate being kept up to date.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Luck.....??

Luck has nothing to do with it Lass,it's all about attitude and sand...

I believe you have both of these qualities.... and have it in spades.

You'll do brilliantly well..!! Posted Image

Hooaah!

Anita C. You and I are in the same boat so to speak. I took early retirement to change careers. Instead of working for someone else, I am now self-employed. Financial independence, here I come. Good luck with your career change.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

AnitaC wrote:

You mean "Last Comic Standing In 5.5" Stilettos"?
Now, if I see a lady on that show that is dressed to kill, wearing at least 5" heels, I'd make a guess who it is, Anita! :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Last night I did stand up @ The Comedy Works. It was FABULOUS! :D I did Bush jokes & my bit on boob-jobs..."Having a boob job is like buying new shoosies. After you get'em home you always wish they were larger". I KILLED 'em! :rofl: I'm very proud that I got the biggest applause of the comics who performed WITHOUT any 'blue' material! :wink: I remember what Rich Little & George Burns said "Blue material is cheap. If you can't be funny without resorting to blue material, you have no business doing comedy.". Sadly, two comics were sent home for being drunk :drinking: ...they WON'T be returning to Comedy Works! Hope they're happy with their choice. It's just as well, drunks are NOT funny... they are pathetic, boorish, sloppy & clumsey and have no business doing standup. Those of us who showed up prepared & SOBER were really offended. :-? Afterwards at the bar down the street, these bozos STILL didn't get it! After I got hold of 'em, they did! I ripped those jerks a new one 8) ."Y'know Wende' was right in banning you! Do the world a favor-go home & either get sober or shoot yourself...& I don't really care which one you choose.". :D Oh well...onward to Miami! :wink: Namaste', Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

The only finny drunks were Foster Brooks and Dean Martin - however "drunk" was merely a schtick! Dean and Foster sure got tanked on a lot of apple juice! The long and the short is that they parodied the drinker and it took a good deal of sobriety to pull it off. The comedian has to be in control ... Anita: I am sur eyou will do your best and always be in control. Break a Leg! Vern