Tom Ford, our man in heels

Texboots

Don't know how many of you have seen the new interview of Tom Ford in GQ (November US version). Titled "The Marquis de Sex", the interview covers many topics with Tom since he left Gucci. When the interviewer charges Tom with being a control freak, expecially about his image, Tom agrees and gives the example of how most people think he is taller than he really is. Tom goes on to say: "I wear high heels. (laughs) Like these I have on. They're stupid; I need to get rid of them. But I did these like two or three seasons ago, and I started wearing them, and then everytime I change into another pair of shoes, I feel sort of less strong." I think we can all agree with that last statement! Pictures I've seen of Tom show him wearing block heels of about 2"...not too daring, but obviously enough to produce that feeling of power for him.

On another page in this same issue, an advertising campaign for H&M's new line from Karl Lagerfeld shows that designer in black suede boots with stacked heels. Excellent!

Tom Ford is a fashion designer. GQ is a men's magazine (The one for "men with an IQ" :-? ) The November US Version is, suprisingly enough, the US version of GQ mag which is published in November. (Actually late October in common with the way mags are marketed).

Tom Ford superceded Karl Lagerfield as the head designer at Gucci (?- I thought he was at Chanel). GQ= Gents' Quarterly (except it is now monthly I think).

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks! I'm impressed! Another flash of Firefox's genius. Or may not - maybe it just shows how little I know about anything! Cheers, Heelfan

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Sorry everyone, I assumed that many people knew Gentlemen's Quarterly. There's the original US version, along with a British edition, which I regularly read also. It started out as a 4 times a year fashion mag and has evolved to a monthly broad spectrum mens periodical. It still focuses on men's fashion, but also has articles on sports, music, electronics, grooming, travel and similar features. As for Tom Ford, he is credited with the massive turn-around of the Gucci fashion house. A fellow Texan, he brought a strong and sexy look to fashion that made Gucci one of the most valuable brands around the world. He, himself, is considered to be a fashion icon and sex symbol, so his choice in footware is an exciting discovery. In fact, his last men's collection featured cowboy boots with high stacked heels.