Culottes, divided skirts etc.

avril

Hello everyone, I just wondered if you could help me with my little quest. I want to buy a pair of culottes, divided skirt, call it what you will. What I'm after is almost floor length and really flowing. Think Ginger Rogers 1930's style. I've searched the web until I've just about given up. So now is your chance to come to the rescue if you know of a source. Thanks all, Avril

Thanks very much for that. Just like that, except that they are Small, alas I'm not, at UK size 10/12, so they'd be far too short because I'm quite a tall girl at 5' 10". So, no go. But I do appreciate your help. Thanks again, Avril

I've tried searching the internet and had the same difficulty finding this out-of-date fashion item. However, I did run across many patterns that are available. How good are you at sewing?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Well, thanks all for your help, but I've still not found anything suitable. I suppose the only chance I have is to find a 'friendly' dressmaker. Thanks again, love, Avril ps. I predict they will be the next big thing.

Culottes are a pair of trousers disguised as a skirt, like skorts. They enabled women to wear trousers in situations in times past, were women wearing men's style trousers would have been banned. With the expectance of women in trousers, Culottes now seem to be obsolete. I can't really see them coming back into fashion in a big way. I have never liked them myself, but I can see how useful they were to women in the past.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"