toe repair

Hi,

I could not find a topic for this so I have started one.

Before I met some of you and started using this forum I did some preventitive work on my wifes boots.

They are quite long in the toe and started to wear out, so I stuck a 5 pence piece to the bottom of them to prolong their life, it worked and this is how they look now,

Posted Image

I would like to say right now that with hindsight I would have asked for the advice of everybody here, but I did not know you were here then.

Has anybody else done anything like this?

Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Hmmm! What ever works. I don't like really pointed toes. Just the aesthetics of them don't work for me. However, my wife has a couple of pairs of pumps with very pointed toes and they have small "taps" at the tips (put on by the manufacturer) that probably do the same thing.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

This works for me, I don't know if it will work for you, practice on a pair that you think is ruined, not a regular pair, first!!!!! Use carefully!!!! I just found out a quick fix for black shoes or boots (you have to get this before you wear them into the leather or suede or vinyl material) I started using Flash Black® (BLACK super glue)...Some people are aware of shoe goo (goop), but I am not talking about goop...this black super glue that has some rubber quality to it. (most super glue is real hard when it dries.) You always have to be VERY CAREFULL with super glues. Read this all the way through first before attempting this procedure. 1) the odor, and sensitivity to your eyes...don't ever touch your face or eyes while handling super glues (have some ventillation or fan to blow fumes away from you, DON't SMOKE! or use near FLAMES!!! 2) have a clean magazine under you, or Grocery bag to catch drops of glue, so you can throw it away 3) always have space while using it, so you don't knock something else down, and get distracted and find you have to start all over. I use a flat object to use as a smoothing instrument like a popsickle stick, or scrap rubber or leather (something you have to throw away). I squirt a drop of super glue about 1/2 inch from the toe, and use the flat stick to "paint" towards the toe. NOTE- Avoid getting the super glue on the surface leather of the shoe-it will damage the leather! don't let the shoe touch anything before it is dry! (let dry, and reapply as needed.) Find a hook that you can hang your shoe on or make one. I hang the shoe by the heel counter with the toe facing down. Because of gravity, it has the tendancy to flow or get heavier toward the toe. That is what you want it to do. (it will be thicker toward the toe, if it looks irregular, just use a knife or sandpaper to smooth around the edge.) I don 't use the clear super glue on any shoe yet for this procedure because it is too visiable , dries cloudy... )

• 7 months later...

since my last reply on this subject, I have been using this idea alot more, because of all the "pointy" shoes out there. It really works!! (I used to use the "shoe goo" for this procedure, but it is too rubbery, and doesn't dry quick or hard enough.