Dyeing Suede boots

Can anyone give me an idea on how best to do this? The original colour is mid green/ or deep pink as i am going to buy a second pair in order to change them to black. Is there any off the shelf kits you can get? thanks all,bladerunner

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I am in the shoe repair trade, and I have never been satisfied with dying suede. The suede leather has the mat material like scuffed leather, or little blades of the leather. ( how else do you describe leather that has a nap?) the surface is not stable, it moves It is hard to make the finish get down into the deepest parts of the suede. in other words, sometimes some of the suede gets rubbed off, and then the under color shows through. The best results for dying suede is to dye black-black, Brown- brown, etc There are fewer suede colors of dye than dye for smooth leathers. FIEBING's Company has many shades for suede or rough- out leathers. I don't know if it is availiable in UK Fiebings.com (their Web site is currently under reconstruction, so keep checking....)

I can't really add any more to that except I have tried it with only barely adequate success. It seems that the dye doesn't really "take" so instead of black, you'll end up with a darker shade of what you started with, it will look black until you put it next to a black object.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I don't like dyeing suede. It's not like you can paint it like leather you have to think more in terms of soaking it. Even then, penetrating coverage is difficult to achieve.

I know that people who dye cloth, like jeans, literally soak them in it, I haven't had the want to, to try...maybe some day, when I don't have any other work to do,... I might try it.... I have been in many medical studies where I tested new drugs, so I might have to consider this a test...Gene