Off Broadway Shoes

JinxieKat

OoooO I had the most wonderful shoe experiance the other night. I've been wanting to go to this new shoe store that just went into a local strip mall. As you can guess from the subject, it is called Off Broadway Shoes. I finally made it over to that end of town a few nights ago... Oh my! I walked a few steps into the store and just looked about. To my right was a small section for men's shoes and sneakers. Then, to my left.. rows and rows of shoes. The store itself was huge, kinda like walking into a Carnival shoes or something like that, but bigger, and more open. Shoes as far as the eye could see. I just stood their, my husband looking at me oddly. The only thing that came to mind was that I'd found shoe heaven! As my husband put it, 1/6th of the store was for men, the rest for woman, and over half of the womans section was high heels! I hit the clearance section first, like any good shopper! I had to decide between a pair of 4 inch blue suede mules, a pair of 4 inch white patent O'dorsay (? spelling) styled shoes, and a pair of 5 inch red leather pumps that had a black patent heel with a one inch platform and a peep toe (4 inch net heel). I'm not normally one for platforms. But these were done nicely with the platform being black patent like the heel. I grabbed those up then we found hubby a pair of sneakers to replace his old ones. Then I had to browse the rest of the store. I found Steve Madden, Chinese Laundry, Two Lips, Mudd, and many many other brands. Stilettos, slingbacks, pumps, mary janes, t-straps.. You name it they had it. Guys, they even had a selection of sizes up to either 11 or 12.. I cannot remember which. It depended alot on the brand I did notice that. Even the small sizes like 5 and 6 were well represented. Soooo.. if you have one of these stores in your area and haven't been.. you need too! Jinxie who is still in shoe heaven, and cannot wait to go back!

Yes there is a website.. www.offbroadwayshoes.com Unfortunately they do not sell shoes there, it is simply to showcase the brick and mortar store. The only drawback, which for some wouldn't be a drawback, is that the store is so big that it is easy to get lost in for the sales staff. Which is nice cause noone is bugging you, but if you have a question you have to find someone. Everyone was _very_ helpful, but you did have to look for people.

Off Broadway is a nice shoe discount outlet. Unfortunately for me the sizes stop at 11 and I usually need a 12. They advertise having 50,000 pairs of shoes at a location and of those maybe 1 pair are 12s. They helpfully stick a green circle on the boxes of sizes 10 1/2 to 12, so it is easy to check the entire stock for size 12. They have increased the number of 11s they carry, so I guess there is hope that they will add more 12s. As far as I know they do not have a website. They are in most of the Mills centers in the U.S.

Go gently through life.

There are a couple of Off Broadway Shoes, and similerly setup DSW in the Fort Lauderdale area.. I enjoy shopping there when I can :-? I've even worn heels into there, and spent all my time looking at the heeled boots, and skipped the mens section :D Good luck, they often have something worthwhile.. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 7 years later...

After pouring over this subject I found the local Off Broadway Shoes just west of here at the City shopping center. OBS was totally nothing special and had about one pair of pumps that I could use but the price was no bargain. How I miss Shoe Pivilian now there was where the bargains were to be found.

JinxieKat, you are writing this as if you were swimming a pool of shoes !! :)

How is that your poor husband has received only sneakers.:wavey:

Check the last time she visited the site.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton