New Sandals

loveheel

Hello everyone. It has been a while since I have been on the board. Been travelling a lot. I bought these sandals in LA. As you can see I also managed to get a pedicure there. Tried to get together with Nicole and Wickedheelz, but it didn't work out. At least I got shoes. I also bought some go-go boots. Will try to get pictures of these soon.

The sandals are from Nine West. They are held with elastic straps to the feet, which makes them easy to fit if you have large feet, but not the most stable to walk in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The nail salon did a nice job with the pedicure. Did you get it before or after you bought your sandals? And, did you wear the sandals into the salon to show the nail girl why you wanted the pedicure? Nice sandals, by the way :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Loveheel:-) Haven't heard from you for a while. It is nice to see you post again. I can see why you say that your new sandals are a bit unstable to walk in. The straps are very thin. Looking forward to seeing your other pics. Bubba136:-) You have come up with some great questions. It will be interesting to see what the answers will be. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

The nail salon did a nice job with the pedicure. Did you get it before or after you bought your sandals? And, did you wear the sandals into the salon to show the nail girl why you wanted the pedicure? Nice sandals, by the way :-?

Actually I got the pedicure before I bought the sandals. But I did wear another pair of 3" heel sandals in the salon. The girls in the salon (in Santa Monica CA) all took it very lightly. The manager actually was the one who recommended that I have an airbrush design done on the big toe. They did a great job, much better than my usual salon back in New England. Guess I should look around for something else.

I am always struck by the fact how these people in salons can do such a better job than I can do myself. I guess that is why they are the professionals.

I love the flower painted on. My wife is rather ambivalent about it, but then, she never gets pedicures herself.

loveheel wrote:

am always struck by the fact how these people in salons can do such a better job than I can do myself.

It's always easier to work on feet if you're in front and above them so the toes can be seen better. Doing them yourself you have to be above and in back of them. Which makes them a little difficult to see. :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

But I did wear another pair of 3" heel sandals in the salon. The girls in the salon (in Santa Monica CA) all took it very lightly. The manager actually was the one who recommended that I have an airbrush design done on the big toe. They did a great job, much better than my usual salon back in New England.

Glad you had a fun time out here. Nothing really surprises the folks of LA and Santa Monica, not even a homeless man wearing nothing but a flourescent colored thong underwear!

Yes, the pedicure looks very nice. Many people tend to neglect the feet, when a nice clean foot can highly complement the heels worn.

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?

I got them at a Ninewest outlet store in Camarillo CA. They were on sale. Only $16. Great deal ! I had my eye on sandals like these for a while. Nine West has had similar styles in the past, but I find full price at Nine West a little too expensive. So I was pleasantly surprised when I found them in the outlet store. I wore them right away !

• 4 weeks later...

I have several pairs of Nine West shoes, also. They are amongst the most comfortable shoes I have. Except, one pair is kinda short in the toe box and I can't wear that pair very long because it puts enough pressure on my little toes to cause corns. Its a shame, too, because that pair is one of my favorites.

Thanks for the compliments ! The polish in that picture was done so well that I kept it on for a few weeks. My wife reminds me on occasion that it is important to go without polish for a while to let the nail breath. i don't know if there is anything to that. I have several other Nine West's . Yes, they are usually good quality.

My wife reminds me on occasion that it is important to go without polish for a while to let the nail breath. i don't know if there is anything to that.

Since nails are essentially dead protein, they don't do much "breathing" :-?

I've had polish on my nails (fingers and toes) continuously for about 3 years now, and have seen no problems as yet. It's important to care for the nails properly, but proper application of polish is not a problem.

Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

i'm not much into low heels but i must admit they are nice sandals and your nails are perfect. your story reminds me of an adventure of mine when i went into a salon in Montreal wearing my 6 inch heel Sherbert sandals from Pierre Silber. the place was full of strippers getting ready for their evening show and when i came in!!! well lets just say it was quite the experience. i wore my shoes in and out of there and they truly did a beautiful job. my wife paid for it. i'll never forget the girl who did my nails, when she put my shoes back on, she really grabbed the ankle straps aggressively and pulled them extra snug when she buckled them onto my tanned feet. fun stuff.

White wrote:

, when she put my shoes back on, she really grabbed the ankle straps aggressively and pulled them extra snug when she buckled them

I hope she didn't pull them tight with envy or malice....... :-?

Hello everyone. It has been a while since I have been on the board. Been travelling a lot. I bought these sandals in LA. As you can see I also managed to get a pedicure there. Tried to get together with Nicole and Wickedheelz, but it didn't work out. At least I got shoes. I also bought some go-go boots. Will try to get pictures of these soon.

The sandals are from Nine West. They are held with elastic straps to the feet, which makes them easy to fit if you have large feet, but not the most stable to walk in.

Posted Image

Hi loveheels,

your sandals are wonderful! Also your nail polish, especially the little flowers on your big toes :D

In spite of the coming winter and my stubborn boots love I had bought some weeks ago a pair of sandals. Springtime will come again :-? They are in a classical style and comfortable to wear because of the stiff sole (1 cm platform = 1/2''). Here a pic from my supplier

Posted Image

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Micha:-) A very nice pair of sandals for you. Since sandals are less stable generally, you will like the thicker sole to give them the stableness you need. Now, all we need is a pic of YOU in them when they arrive and let us know of the fit and feel also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

The thick or molded sandals are nice because they don't twist, throwing the heel sideways or over at an angle when you walk. My problem is that they are never quite wide enough, so the narrow bottom strap cuts into the foot and the foot bulges out above it.