Leather knee boots and skirt...

chris100575

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just opt to use solaris or some other unix os. No spyware, trojans, popups...nothing!

Yep, Linux or MacOS. Because it's just not worth the bother to the hackers/virus people. And besides, there's just soooo much you can do with them. I have Windows-based machines and find myself trying to do an 'ls -al' occassionally. Doesn't work so well :-)

On Unix the uptime is measured in years; on Windows, in days (or weeks if you're lucky). Yeah, there are some exceptions.

Chris100575:-) Thank you very much for sharing a couple of fabulous pics of a fantastic pair of leather thigh-high boots. You wear them extremely well. You look so comfortable and natural in them. Can you give us some history or details on them? They appear to be pull-ons with a semi-rounded toe box. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well, my boots aren't knee length (yet - waiting for two pairs to show up), but they are ankle boots with a 4" heel. I'm just back from playing pool (couple games). I have an ankle length leather skirt which is extremely comfortable and also a leather kilt which is very cool I was wearing the long skirt with the ankle boots while playing pool (snooker). Sometimes I wear the thigh high 5"+ (with platform so it's cheating) with the long skirt. Really nice. Why do women get to have all the fun????! That's discrimination. :-? Sometimes I can't believe how narrow minded people are.

Well, my boots aren't knee length (yet - waiting for two pairs to show up), but they are ankle boots with a 4" heel. I'm just back from playing pool (couple games). I have an ankle length leather skirt which is extremely comfortable and also a leather kilt which is very cool

I was wearing the long skirt with the ankle boots while playing pool (snooker). Sometimes I wear the thigh high 5"+ (with platform so it's cheating) with the long skirt. Really nice. Why do women get to have all the fun????! That's discrimination. :D Sometimes I can't believe how narrow minded people are.

Good for you! If more like you get out and have some fun like that, more of us will feel freer, and further progress these fashion trends!

The narrow-mindedness has its roots in our tribal history where nonconformity was tantamount to sacrilage, usually punisheable by death.

When the U.S. military was first formed, conformity was only loosely adhered to, until the Civil War, when it was mandated due to the similarity in language and non-military dress (difficult to tell who the enemy was without a uniform!).

The resulting uniformity rebounded in WWI and WWII to the point where conformity was paramount in the early 50's.

So much so, in fact, that the stifling environment spawned significant discord and subsequent rebellion, which came to fruition in the 60's, and blossomed in the 70's before degenerating into Business conformity in the 80's before resurging into generalized non-conformity in the 90's.

Continues to this day.

Even in our non-conformity, however, there is serious pressure to conform! Just look at the earrings worn by most men. The vast majority of them are nearly identical, either one of two styles - small hoop or diamond stud. Women, on the other hand, wear anything.

As for male heel-wearing, well, there's pressure to conform to some sort of standard here, too, such as my often-repeated diatribes about being discrete! :-?

Hmmm.... Appears I painted myself into a corner... !

Chris100575:-)

Thank you very much for sharing a couple of fabulous pics of a fantastic pair of leather thigh-high boots. You wear them extremely well. You look so comfortable and natural in them. Can you give us some history or details on them? They appear to be pull-ons with a semi-rounded toe box. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hi Dawn, they are possibly my favourite boots. They are indeed pull-on ones, the toes are pointed, but it's a softer point than the latest extra spiky ones. They're very comfortable and easy to wear, and they feel great on! I bought them from Alternative Footwear, they don't stock them but happened to have a pair in that someone had ordered. The assistant kindly let me handle them, and I asked her to order me a pair right away. The leather is very nice, and has a heavy but soft feel.

I have alternating favourites that I wear more than any other, at the moment my new knee boots, but I keep coming back to these.

Chris

Those are fantastic! And, I'd like to say, the skirt is a perfect match also. Although, were I to put together the outfit, I'd probably end up with grey and/or white tights on with them.....where'd I put that credit card? :-)

Chris, I do enjoy all the pictures you have sent..I was wondering what your wife thinks about the skirt and boots?? I still haven't gotten my wife past the wearing of heels.....Jim

Getting her past the wearing of heels is definately a major step in the right direction!

As for wearing skirts and heels, it's rare I wear both. Normally it's heels under long jeans, or skirts with appropriate boots/shoes. Both look very benign in themselves, almost unisex.

The combination, however, says something else, but if I may suggest, it might help to wear very non-descript (ie, not sexy) versions of both.

I see a fair number of men wearing skirts around Vegas these days, up about 2,000% over the last 12 months, but only a slight increase in men wearing heels.

Thus, skirts are more accepted.

The style most commonly worn, however, is the full-length a-frame with a normal men's belt. Most of these are black denim. Worn with black men's boots, and a complementary shirt, they look quite normal.

If one could take that very look and simply substitute a heeled boot, it'd still look very normal.

If all you want to do is wear skirts and heels, that's the approach I'd recommend. If you want to appear as a girl from the waiste down, however, go with a mini-skirt, hose, and stilettos.

Which path you choose is entirely up to you!

Chris, I do enjoy all the pictures you have sent..I was wondering what your wife thinks about the skirt and boots?? I still haven't gotten my wife past the wearing of heels.....Jim

Hi Jim, I don't wear skirts ordinarily. The pics stemmed from a discussion on another thread. I'd said that I had no interest in wearing a skirt, and one of the other members (whynotheels?) suggested I try it. I was bidding on the boots I wore with it at the time, and wanting to show them off, said that if I won them I'd post some pics of me wearing them with a skirt.

As for the boots, she's fine with them as long as I wear them while she's not around. She is trying to accept them fully, but this is a workable compromise for both of us.

Chris

Chris, They do look just fine with the skirt though. I myself have no interest in a skirt either. I do have the concern with my wife who doesn't want to be anywhere near me when I wear mine. As least your lucky enough for her to accept as much as you have. I get the line that if you wear those, I am outta here. Maybe someday she will come around but I am not holding my breath. I acctually don't think she would really leave but don't want to press my luck... Have fun....Jim

You're right not to try and push her. Hopefully she'll become more accepting in her own time. I don't want to give the impression that I'm complaining about the limit of my wife's acceptance, I realise how great she's being about my heels. At the moment I work shifts so I get loads of time to wear them, but I'm going after a 9-5 job. She understands that I need my heel time, so we'll have to see what happens if I get a new job. I hope that she'll be able to accept me wearing them around the house (with trousers!) as if I can't wear heels for more than a few days I get miserable and frustrated. Chris

I get that same feeling and I don't get time home by myself much at all since my wife doesn't work outside our home. Usually just when I get out by myself.. Good luck with the 9-5 job..I never did like shift work. This past spring my wife went to her sisters palce in Florida for 1 1/2 weeks and I got plenty of wear time..Hope she comes around soon...Jim

Chris100575:-) Jimnj3:-) Hang in there fellows, as at one time or the other we all have had to climb the mountain in order to gain our wives acceptance of us wearing high heeled shoes or boots. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I get that same feeling and I don't get time home by myself much at all since my wife doesn't work outside our home. Usually just when I get out by myself.. Good luck with the 9-5 job..I never did like shift work.

This past spring my wife went to her sisters palce in Florida for 1 1/2 weeks and I got plenty of wear time..Hope she comes around soon...Jim

I guess I've been fairly lucky in that my wife doesn't mind at all. We have a friend staying with us and I was getting rather grumpy so over time brought up the topic of killts, skirts and heels. He's very receptive. So now when the kids go to bed I get to wear what I like. Most nights I'm the best dressed one in the house.

I finally received the pair of boots I ordered from Tall Girls. They aren't anything special, just 3 1/2" block heel, knee length boots. But they are very comfy and almost feel like flats.

I hope she comes around soon, although I won't rush this issue. You are luck for the understanding. The 3 1/2 heel knee boots sound really great. Any idea where someone with a US size 11 mens foot which usually takes a womens size 13 could locate such a boot? Jim

The other day curiosity led my wife to have a look at my shoe collection. There was some good natured ribbing about my white stilettos (common) and my platforms (did you buy these at tarts-R-us?). Anyway, we went to a party on Saturday, and she asked to borrow these:

Posted Image

Unfortuntely when she tried them on she decided they were too high for her. She looked good in them though.

Chris

I also took the fact that she wanted to borrow a pair as a good sign, even if she didn't end up wearing them. The real test is going to come in two weeks' time when I come off shifts and start working office hours. At the moment I get a lot of time off during the week while she's at work, and I can wear heels all day, but she's still not sure about seeing me in them. Chris

Chris, Sounds like a positive view to me that she wanted to try a pair of yours.. Hope all goes well after shift work ends but I'll bet it does..I still haven't made any headway with my wife so far but slow it goes...Jim

I hope this isn't too far off the topic, do you find that your partners blow hot and cold over your heels? It's probably that levels of acceptance differ from day to day, but I find it frustrating. We went to Sardinia recently for a weekend and I was hoping for a great heeling weekend, but she wasn't too keen. I managed to wear my stiletto ankle boots out shopping and for a meal though. The weather was great, but the shoe shops didn't have anything bigger than a 39, and were all run by thuggish looking men. She noticed me getting "don't come in here" looks when I was browsing. Never mind, I didn't have €300 to spend on a gorgeous pair of boots anyway! It wasn't all negative though, my first experience of very cobbled streets showed me that there's nothing to fear in the combination of 4" stilettos and cobbles. Also we hired bikes and did about 40K, as we didn't have our cycling shorts with us I wore a pair of tight shiny ladies trousers from H&M and a shoulder revealing new look lycra top. That didn't cause her many qualms, the only male clothes visible were my work shoes that look a bit like walking boots. Great Fun.

Hopefully I'm making progress. So far the signs are good. She's reassured me that when I go onto office hours we'll be able to sort something out for me to still get my heel time. She's also said she's prepared to try me wearing them around the house while she's there, and will let me know when she feels ready. I'm happy to wait for that day, as I don't want to try and push her. Chris