New Shoes I've Ordered

JeffB

JeffB:-)

I have been wearing pumps since I was 12 years old and they are my all time favorite shoe. They can co-ordinate any out-fit, any season and I just love them. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, I wore my first pair of pumps at 13, so I wasn't too far behind you. It's just an easy, uncomplicated shoe to wear, no straps, no buckles to adjust, no zippers (save for ornamental ones), just slip 'em on and go! And I've been going in them for quite awhile! :-?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jeffb, I couldn't help but notice that the pictures of you wearing brown and blue are almost identical except for the different colour. I even wondered whether you had tricked us using some sophisticated picture editing but I spotted some subtle differences. I tried to copy your pose but without much success.

Posted Image

I don't have your sartorial elegance either.

Cheers

Heel thyself

Over 50 pairs of heels now on my website at www.geocities.com/wayneheels/

Jeffb, I couldn't help but notice that the pictures of you wearing brown and blue are almost identical except for the different colour. I even wondered whether you had tricked us using some sophisticated picture editing but I spotted some subtle differences. I tried to copy your pose but without much success. I don't have your sartorial elegance either.

Cheers

I'm not that sophisticated, or that smart when it comes to complicated stuff like picture manipulation. I do have Photoshop on my machine, but only use it to balance out the colors and sharpen the images I post.

Yes, the poses are somewhat identical, but that's on purpose to give viewers a good overall look at the shoes I wear. Sartorial elegance? Well, I wouldn't go quite that far, but I appreciate the compliment!

:-?

Nice court shoes Jeff. They suit you very well.

Pardon me if this has been covered before in another thread, but why are pumps called court shoes over in England? I'm dying to know! :-?

Jeff, your collection has grown so fast, I wonder if you have any problem selecting which outfit you are going to wear to work when you get up in the morning?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Jeff, your collection has grown so fast, I wonder if you have any problem selecting which outfit you are going to wear to work when you get up in the morning?

A good question. I select the outfit I wear and set it out before I go to bed, including hosiery and underwear, that way, everything's at hand and ready to go when I wake up in the morning. Actually, putting together outfits is rather fun for me as I start with the shoes and go from there.

:-?

That is a most interesting zipper indeed! Can't say I've ever seen anything quite like that before. happy wearing, gene!

I love the zip on those boots. 11.5" calf circumference though! Surely nobody has legs that skinny!

Chris

Good grief! I didn't spot that!

I've never had any problem wearing over-the-calf boots before, so it's probably just a typo. I do a LOT of walking, and my calves are considered skinny, but they're still 14 inches around.

These Comments are aimed at Jeff... I really love your blue "pumps". I've always wanted a pair of my own. I'm sure they weren't so lovely, but I used to remember that as a child, I watched British Airways air hostesses wearing shoes like that. They were a similar colour (color) to the ones you are wearing, and in my mind's eye they were just as alluring. Nowadays, they mostly seem to wear nothing higher than 2" with a much thicker heel, except for a few die-hards. Maybe the health and safety killjoys had something to do with it. I just flew BA to Germany last weekend, and before the safety announcement, the captain mentioned that BA are phasing in a new uniform. Since all the cabin crew were male on my flight, I didn't even bother to look at what they were wearing - men's clothing is sooo boring don't you think? I imagine the ladies shoes are going to be pretty dull! Which brings me to my next comment - those brown pumps. I think I am in love with your shoes! They really look great. Like you, I never really considered brown as an exciting colour, but one look at that picture was all it took to change my mind. At this rate, my collection will hit 40 pairs by Christmas. Now if only I had the guts to tell my family, "All I want for Christmas.... is shoesssss......" (where's the singing smiley??) ps. Since I live in the UK, I believe I am legally obliged to apologise to anyone not of the Christian faith (including myself), as I may have inadvertently offended or marginalised those people by mentioning the word beginning with "Christma" and ending in "s". So sorry. :-?

These Comments are aimed at Jeff...

Which brings me to my next comment - those brown pumps. I think I am in love with your shoes! They really look great. Like you, I never really considered brown as an exciting colour, but one look at that picture was all it took to change my mind.

Hello, Allyx! Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate your comments! I'm glad I was able to sway you regarding the joys of brown shoes, especially those brown pumps I dispalyed. They really are quite charming. I never knew brown could look so incredibly nice. But, a picture just doesn't do them justice, you have to see them in person to believe how great they are.

As for the navy pumps, originally, that wasn't a color that excited me either, but again, the right kind of shoes in just the right style helped to change my mind on the color. As for female flight attendants and the shoes they wear, well, I can understand the need for comfort over style, given they're on their feet going up and down narrow aisles for lengthy periods of time. I have no problem with opting for more comfortable footwear.

Cheerio to you! :-?

It does depend on your definition of older. Last time I flew one of the airport staff was wearing the regulation knee length black skirt with barely black tights and a beautiful pair of black leather court shoes with approx 4" stiletto heels. She was in her early 30's I guess, and very attractive. She was also doing a bit of shoe play every now and then, either rocking one shoe on its heel or slipping her foot in and out of it. She certainly made standing in that queue a lot more enjoyable! Chris

Well it's times like that I wish I had a camera phone. Ethical implications aside, those are the only times I wish I had a camera in my phone. Usually I want my phone to be a phone though. Its monochrome LCD guarantees good visibility in any light, and it works as a great phone. Any UK readers have a spare Nokia 6310i by the way? I don't know what I'll do when I finally manage to break mine. It's been dropped out of a 3rd storey window, trodden on (thankfully not with a stiletto!) fallen out of my pocket whilst I was riding my bike at over 80MPH (allegedly). Don't even ask how I found it again, but I did, and it's still in perfect working order! When they bring out a compact camera phone with a decent quality lens and CCD (never mind multi megapixels!) I might buy it, but for now I want my 6310i!! Sorry for going off topic!

Well it's times like that I wish I had a camera phone. Ethical implications aside, those are the only times I wish I had a camera in my phone.

No worries... I'm often in places where, if I were carrying my digital camera, I could snap a few thousand pics of beautiful heel-wearing babes! The problem is obtaining model releases, which are required by law prior to posting, regardless of whether for profit or not.