Hello! New here and maybe wrong for the site

Hi everyone. I stumbled upon this site while googling for shoes which I think a few of us here may have done as well. I lurked for a while, simply because I didn't have the time to always be able to read the posts completely before I had other responsibilities to attend to. But hey, I've registered and am here, so "Hi" again. It's really interesting to read everyone's view of what high heels is to them and what it does to them. Also it was interesting to see what constitutes a "high heel" to them. For me personally, it's the pumps and stileto type heels, again, that's just me. I noticed there are the fashion minded ones that come here, the fetishist, and the one that associates sex and heels only. It's pretty diverse, yet almost segregated as the fashion minded ones are offended by the ones that associates it with sex only. Ummm, I better stop before I ignite a war on the boards. :-? I thought I was weird and for what ever reason was attracted to women's shoes, mostly the heeled and strappy variety growing up. Not only did I find it attractive on ladies, but I also wanted a pair to wear. Thought I was weird or gay or something. Remember this is all pre-internet days. As if you haven't figured out, I'm a guy. Boy, did the interent open up ideas and preconceivd isolation or what? Well, I've got an okay collection of heels. Mostly the platform type sandals, the strappier the better. What I have more are the platform flip flops. You know, the chunky foam type that the girls tend to drag as they walk around in their jeans or velour jogging suits? From what I've read on these boards, it doesn't seem that the majority of posters here like them. I agree some are pretty ugly, and some are shaped like I how I like them, the higher the better of course. Just like certain shapes of stilettos, some are better looking than others to the trained eye, while regular people just see a stiletto as a pointy heel. Know what I mean? Well, that's the reason for the title "...maybe wrong for the site". I'm currently more into the platform flip flops. I guess it's the sound of the slapping, maybe because it makes them taller, have longer appearing legs, they're relaxness in wearing them, maybe because they look cute like Japanese anime charaters with big chunky profile feet/boot? I'm not sure exactly, but that's what I'm really into now. There isn't a site like this that I have found where people openly discuss the topics here, like sleeping in their heels (I did that too a few times), make love/sex wearing heels...etc. So yeah, I'm looking more for a flip flop (not the plain rubber flat types) site, but I like this site as it's very diverse and open with good moderating. I think, it's supportive in a distant way, as I'm not the only one who may feel/think/do what has been discussed here. Wow, I've typed a lot. I'm going to stop now. So "Hi" again folks!

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?

Welcome; Personally, I prefer a firm fit for my high heels. Flip-flopping has no appeal for me. You are not alone liking the flip-flop motion. I do recall others posting a similar interest.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Hi and welcome. By platform flip-flops, do you mean just a thick sole, or a wedge? Hope you decide to stay a while, we all have different tastes in shoes and enjoy talking about them. You never know, you might broaden someone's horizons! Chris

Interesting post, FFKP! Welcome and by all means, stick around. You never know how much your comments will contribute to the overall success of this forum. We value everyone's interest and are eager to learn more about our members. Here's looking forward to reading more of your comments! Cheers

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Welcome flipflop.

Well, I've got an okay collection of heels. Mostly the platform type sandals, the strappier the better. What I have more are the platform flip flops. You know, the chunky foam type that the girls tend to drag as they walk around in their jeans or velour jogging suits? From what I've read on these boards, it doesn't seem that the majority of posters here like them. I agree some are pretty ugly, and some are shaped like I how I like them, the higher the better of course.

I think you'er the only other person here besides me that likes those. In fact, there was recently a lively thread bashing them. But I am totally with you... the really high foam ones are really sexy especially with bright red nails. I recently got a pair that's 5 inches high in the back. :-?

Any way, it's nice to see a fellow SoCaler and fellow platform sandals/thick flip flip affecionado around here. Welcome!

I don't think it's the wrong site for you. As you've seen we discuss all types of heels even flippy floppy types! We also discuss shoes in general, it doesn't need to be high heels. As for sleeping in them and other stuff , we do that too, but our board hosts don't allow us to get too sexual. However, I don't think that precludes discussion of quite deeply held sincere feelings about various aspects. Welcome on board, and I look forward to discussing stuff with you in the threads :-?

Thanks everyone for the very warm reception. It's very nice to see everyone with their preferences, yet is still open minded to new or different options.

Hi and welcome. By platform flip-flops, do you mean just a thick sole, or a wedge? Hope you decide to stay a while, we all have different tastes in shoes and enjoy talking about them. You never know, you might broaden someone's horizons!

Chris

The ones I'm currently into more are kind of both thick soled and somewhat wedged, but not a true wedge. Here are some examples of what I mean:

S. Madden - Jilll

http://www.shoebuy.com/sb/s.jsp?Style=16682

Generic leopard 4 inches

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63889&item=5318168892&tc=photo

Rocket Dog

http://www.shoes.com/product.asp?catalog_name=web&product_id=1003048&partnerid=CJ&PartnerId=CJ

The next set fall under the same category but is NOT what interest me:

close, but wrong shape

http://www.essentialapparel.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=1823&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=186&iSubCat=279&iProductID=1823

literally a platform wedged ff

http://www.shoes.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=web&product%5Fid=1005464&partnerId=CJ&PartnerId=CJ

has bamboo, too low

http://www.wedvalues.com/pd_savvy_platform_flipflopsize9.cfm

When worn right, it makes the ladies look relaxed, comfortable and playful. It makes their legs look longer and them taller. Also you get to see the feet, which is both good and bad. The bad being the callouses, hammer toes, cracked heels and/or dirty soles. :-? When it's worn sloppy, with them overly dragging their feet, or the light colored ff all dirty, or they dress really sloppy, it just doesn't work for me.

I guess you can compare these admiration and preferences to pump admirers. I think people take note in a pump in how smooth the leather is, how it makes the feet arch, the way the sole comes together to the body of the pump. The shape of the heel, the sound the heel makes with the different materials used...etc. Would you rather see how an astute secretary wears her pumps versus the mean librarian who wears her pumps because to her, they're just work shoes. Even though they are both wearing pumps, I'm pretty sure the secretary would pay more attention to the minor styling and shape cues, thus her pumps would look a whole lot more desireable.

WickedHeelz-

Wow, you got some that are 5 inches? Are they from Kik Wear, I think they are 5-6 inches? I've seen them before in the store. I wanted to get them but I've got too many plat ff already. I've got them in black, white, tan, blue, baby blue, red and pink. I also have some where the thong straps are fuzzy like a how a teddy bear is fuzzy. I totally dig your avatar, those strappy types are still my favorite when it comes to real heels, especially the ones that you can wrap up your calf.

I really look forward to posting with everyone here. Darn, I think I found another way to spend hours on the computer. :D

Flipflop Klipklop:-) Hi and welcome to the HH PLace Forum, and your right that you can spend hours on the net. I put in several hours each evening. As you can see from the other posts, were quite diverse in one way, and one big happy family in another way. So stick around for a while so that we can get to know you, and you can get to know all of us. You will find that our opinions and likes and dislikes are also quite diverse, but don't let that stop you from enjoying all of our company. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I've got my avatar up finally. Much better to look at instead of that awful boot. She's not dangling her ff, as I don't care much about dangling. Instead she's teetering on the front end of her plat ff, or if you like she's making that smacking sound standing there. Whichever you like. Enjoy. -ffkk

I've got my avatar up finally. Much better to look at instead of that awful boot. She's not dangling her ff, as I don't care much about dangling. Instead she's teetering on the front end of her plat ff, or if you like she's making that smacking sound standing there. Whichever you like. Enjoy.

-ffkk

Love it! I guess you made it yourself?

Emma

Thanks Wicked. I looked up Unknown's avatar, and I must say, the way she's strutting, better get out of the way!!! Emma - I didn't entirely create that. I did some modifications and added the ff animation. That's all. btw - I forgot I had these, I found a few more plat ff in my room. I have a few more fuzzy animal prints that are so soft and comfy to wear. I also have two more entirely covered in not exactly sure but somewhere inbetween micro suede and velour. One in burgundy and one black. Can you imagine if someone came and robbed my house? Imagine what they would think? "Hmm, why does this person have so many platform thongs?"

Hi Flip Flop Clip Clop love your name,as well as loving high heeled slingbacks and pumps i also have a love for Dr Scholl exercise sandals,i just wondered if you like these too,they make some lovely sounds as you walk in them,i have seen girls dragging them too............very noisy..............lol. love polly

Hi Polly. Glad you have a love for those Dr. Scholls sandals. They make a nice sound. It's sometimes interesting to hear a lady walk in them. Just by listening to the sound, you can almost imagine how they look and keep themselves up and the type of person they are. I have generally found that if it sounded good, the lady wearing them usually looks good, takes care of herself and leans on the natural side. By natural side, I mean clean nice face with very little makeup, conscious of the environment...etc. I don't have a thing for those sandals though. I had a cousin that would wear those often and the way she would walk annoyed me. I had them thrown at me when we got into fights (we were young of course). Her mom even used them as punishment on her by smacking her with them. So I don't really have good memories of them. :-?

I looked up Unknown's avatar, and I must say, the way she's strutting, better get out of the way!!!

I know. Could you imagine some sweetheart that looks like that walking toward you like that IRL? :D Oooooffaaa! I think I'd pass out.

Can you imagine if someone came and robbed my house? Imagine what they would think? "Hmm, why does this person have so many platform thongs?"

:-? If they broke into mine, they'd probably be thinking some girl lives there that doesn't wear anything other than heels.

Hi Flipflop Klipklop, Welcome to the forum! Although I'm not a big flip flop fan, I do enjoy that slap slap sound they make. I prefer a low cut pair of mules with a single strap with a 4"+ heel (see my avatar) which also gives that lovely slap slap sound. What do you think of these? Having said that, I would much prefer to see a girl in flip flops to trainers, which are popular amongst the younger girls. I guess they will all be back in trainers soon though as winter is on the way. :-? Cheers, Paul.

Hi Paul. I like those mule styles as well. Very nice. I think it accentuates the feet and legs very well, and IMO in a fitted outfit, WOW! I didn't realize that a good number of the people here are across the pond. Here in the States, ff are really common now, with various styles from beach looking to nice sharp elegant ones. The warmer the region, like where I am, the longer most people wear them, even through the winter. My avatar is typical of how they pair it up, although jeans are probably more prevalent now due to the weather.

Welcome Flipflop!!! Glad to see another platform lover here. Our tastes are quite similar regarding plats and flip flops. I even have several pairs like the ones in the pics that you posted. (Madden "Jilll" and Rocket Dog "Jumbo Surf" to name a few) Plats and flip flops are not some of the more popular styles here but everyone is pretty tolerant of us though, so welcome to the group! Love your avatar too! :-?

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi Flipflop. It's great to see anyone into ANY kind of cool shoes. I'm new here, too, and while I love heels I've always loved ballet-flat type shoes. I have many pairs and have been wearing them/watching them for years. I see so many of the flipflop types at the college where I work. It's a great time to love flipflops - they're everywhere on some great loooking feet. :)