Your opinions on these please

WickedHeelz

What do you think of these?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of these?

• Awesome! As long as it's not a formal affair, outside is okay.
    • Nice, but shouldn't be worn outside.
    • Fugly! Why would anywhere wear those?

they are "OK" (IMO) because they are wooden: they are WAY louder than the more conventional "exotic dancer" plats that have a plastic heel! but the main thing is if you want them, THATS the main thing! later, TXT-1

I don't like them, and I'm one of the few who does like platforms. I'd prefer the platform to be around half that height and minus the hole, and the heel to be much slimmer. I'd also lose the rivets. At the end of the day though what I think doesn't matter. If you like them go for it! Chris

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I just noticed I screwed up option number three. But I guess the "fugly" part still got my point across. ShockQueen: That's exactly what I had in mind. Specifically, the black ones with some black jeans and maybe a T-shirt. TXT-1: Actually, they're not loud at all. They have a slightly softer rubber grip on the bottom than the usual 6/2 plats and hardly make any noise at all. chris100575: They make the same shoe with a smaller platform and hence, no hole. But the rivets and thicker heel are still there. I'm generally more of a fan of the plats like you and TXT-1 like. I was somewhat indifferent towards these when I first ordered them. And then I got them and tried them on. :-? I was in love. They are by far some of the most comfortable heels I've owned, even with the 8"+ of heel they have. The thicker heel makes walking in them very easy so I was contemplating taking them out.

Well, I'm something of a nut for practical footwear, and those don't qualify. Nice looking for the bedroom perhaps, but terribly impractical out in public. But that's just my opinion.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I wish your choices were more extensive. Although I find this style ugly for my taste, it does not matter to me if others choose to wear them. I honestly believe you would attract lots of attention if you wore these outside even if you wore long legged pants. It will alter the way you walk and that will attract attention to your legs and feet. If you don't have a problem with that, then go for it.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

there are not bad but i prefer the wooden version featuring the lower platform with matt straps rather than shiny ones. but if u like them then that is kool i guess. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

Not really my thing. I think a platform like this is dangerous outside. I've tried big platforms outside and if you step on a small pebble or something like that, they can be very unstable. A passport to a broken ankle.

Firefox I know exactly waht you mean I fell asleep in my plats once, forgot I had them on, and nearly broke my ankle: that was with 6" plats not 8"+ just saying be VERY careful! plats can be a very "hairy" experience until your muscles get accustomed to your plats actually as plats go mine are quite safe a good balance between sanity and height. me, I like 6" -7.5" (8.5" is too crazy) but then again I don't wear them in public! later, TXT-1

:D I must say I'm a little disappointed in how they fared (60% in the fugly category?). Minus the dangers of wearing 'em that high, I was also trying to get a feel for if you folks thought they looked too tacky for outside use. Firefox: I know what you mean. I've worn super plats outside of the house (backyard... not in public) and do have some experience with what you describe. But then again, almost all the heels I like are a bit too dangerous (other than platforms, I like stilettos which as most here know aren't the most stable things in the world). I'm starting to think I should contain my heeling to the inside world. PJ: Yeah, they're attention getters alright. :-? And no, that would be a drawback for me as I would be nervous enough without the added attention. Oh well.

I tried a pair of those on but decided the platforms were too high for wearing in the yard and the garden. The heels of my stiletto platforms sink into the ground too easily and I was hoping for something else, but really need a lower platform for unpaved ground.

Not for me either. I have enough problems with my joints without falling off of the likes of those shoes. I have always steered clear of platforms. Besides that---I don't care for the looks of them, but if they are your thing, by all means, go buy them and enjoy wearing them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Those are awesome, just be careful when outside. Loose gravel, cracks or shifting of sidewalks, and be very careful if you have to cross train tracks.

High heels forever, ward

Has anyone ever seen anyone (male or female) ever wearing shoes like those? I haven't. And, we spend a lot of time at the beach where tourist/ casual attire is the norm.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.