Daily Mirror, UK, Mon 03 Oct

Waisted_Giraffe

Dear all Sorry no scan, but get to your local newsagent and buy a copy. 2 photos of Nigella Lawson in Red Oxford lace up ballet heels. For international members she is a celebrity chef daughter of an ex Chancellor of the Exchequer (Government) and marrried to Charles Saatchi (apologies for the poor spelling) and is considered the "Thinking Man's Crumpet" Big D

This photo also appeared in the Daily Mail, but in that shot, you can see that her left hand in resting on a table. In fairness to her, it is only her fingertips that are actually touching the table top so it's more for balance than support. At least she didn't need to be physically held up like Liz Hurley.

It seems that Laurie is't the only "high heel chef" here. Last year we had some of Nigella's cooking tv show here in Finlad and I was hooked. She co-worked well with her director and cameraman. The way she looks the camera is really flirting in a goog way. It was not like other tv chefs who try to act that they are very professional. Nigella enjoys her feminity and she loves to cook and have dinner parties with her family and friends.

Nigella is very sexy! I'd prefer to see her in heels she could manage though. For those that have pointed out that she's obviously not used to the ballets, of course she isn't! Even on here where we're all devoted to high heels I bet there are more of us without ballets than with.

Allu is right about the way she looks at the camera, and the sensual way she handles the food. Not for nothing was the last series of Nigella Bites trailered with the tagline "Lock up your husbands!"

Her allure aside, I've got three of her cookbooks and the food is great!

Chris

Chris has it dead right. I wear 4 inch heels most days, sometimes more, but I tried Francis's ballet boots and I couldn't stand up in them properly. I would far rather see a video of Nigella preparing a dish walking around the kitchen with poise in 4-5" heels, than this rather trite publicity stunt.

Personally I don't see the appeal, she doesn't look like she can even stand properly in the shoes which hardly makes for a visually appealing picture. The shoes themselves are clearly all flash and little substance as their not exactly casually wearable by anyone and her manner of dress is a touch.... 'blatent' for my tastes.

Nigella 'sexier than Marilyn'

By This is London

4 October 2004

With her pouting lips and voluptuous figure, she undoubtedly has the makings of a Marilyn Monroe.

But Nigella Lawson says her husband Charles Saatchi finds her even sexier than the legendary blonde film star - because her breasts are bigger

And in a new portfolio of pictures, the Domestic Goddess shows off her ample cleavage to the full as she dons a skintight black dress and 'fetish shoes' with 6in heels.

The stilettoes, by Spyros Spyrou, also featured in a photo- shoot for Elizabeth Hurley two years ago.

It is unlikely 44-year- old cookery guru Nigella would have dared to bare so much a few years ago. But she says her millionaire husband has made her less self-conscious.

'Charles was watching television in the bedroom the other day while I was getting ready to go out to dinner and he suddenly called me over to see

something,' she told You magazine. 'It was a Marilyn Monroe movie and he said, "Look at the way her stomach swells there and how her hips curve from beneath her waist. She is beautiful and you are even more so because your breasts are bigger".'

Yesterday, though, she self-effacingly described herself as 'more Marilyn Manson than Marilyn Monroe' and explained that Saatchi 'was just doing what all husbands do when they can't take their wives moaning about their weight any more'.

But in the magazine interview she told how his compliments have boosted her confidence. 'Sometimes, like all women, I will feel, for no reason, that I don't look good and I find myself saying to Charles, "Oh I hate these fleshy bits on my thighs".

'And he will say to me, "But those are the bits I like best". And it's strange, but now I am less self-conscious than at any other time in my life. And that is the great gift from Charles.'

Despite their wealth, she said they spend most of their time at home and have all their meals, prepared by Nigella, in bed - often watching police shows, Mastermind and University Challenge.

Nigella married Saatchi last year after the death from cancer of her journalist husband John Diamond.

She said she has a lot to celebrate and her new cookery book, Feast: Food That Celebrates Life is devoted to meals for celebrations.

Nigella said she and Saatchi are still in 'that honeymoon phase'. The couple are sometimes spotted dining out in fine restaurants, but exadvertising tycoon Saatchi prefers to keep out of the public eye.

Nigella admitted his reclusive lifestyle is rubbing off on her. ' People who don't know him think Charles is a cold man, but if he were I wouldn't be with him. He is a warm person, it's just that he's not a public person.'

http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/articles/13572060?source=Evening%20Standard

Trolldeg's clips were posted here on this forum earlier this spring (If I remember correctly) There probably still here somewhere. Can't remember where, though. Perhaps he can repost them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree with Firefox and Rand. Doesn't do anything for me.

'fetish shoes' with 6in heels.

The stilettoes, by Spyros Spyrou, also featured in a photo- shoot for Elizabeth Hurley two years ago.

I guess that is Spyros from the Little Shoe Box.

With respect, whether she does anything for you or not is not the point! The fact is here is a credible UK celebrity (as opposed to a page 3 gril or Ulrika Jonsson for example) wearing outlandish heels. Isn't that something to welcome rather than denigrate? (I am informed that in tomorrow's Mail on Sunday she will be wearing more regular 6 inch stilettos, by the way). 6inchspikes

Thanks for sharing a very interesting pic Richie :-?

I think Nigella has shown in that photo,a mature beauty that I believe would draw men like moths to a candle.

How can most of us not find her stance and the way she dresses provocative, but I feel she blew it with her choice in shoes....those ballet heels are just plain ugly.

jim

any chance of anyone from teh UK postign pics of this?

With respect, whether she does anything for you or not is not the point!

The fact is here is a credible UK celebrity (as opposed to a page 3 gril or Ulrika Jonsson for example) wearing outlandish heels. Isn't that something to welcome rather than denigrate?

(I am informed that in tomorrow's Mail on Sunday she will be wearing more regular 6 inch stilettos, by the way).

6inchspikes

The ballet heels shots of Nigella Lawson were in the Mail on Sunday on October 3rd, the day before they appeared in the Mirror and elsewhere.

There was one image on Page 3 of the Mail on Sunday newspaper which I saw and which is the same as posted earlier in this thread.

The main multi-image photoshoot was printed in colour in the accompanying You magazine which I never got to see. Darn!!

In Borders, and elsewhere at the moment, there is also a magazine called Shoo all about, umm, well whadayah think its all about?? (designer shoes mostly, with some nice images). Additionally, the current "W" magazine has an odd fashion photoshoot with both guys and girls in stiletto shoes too.

Well I suppose she was "wearing" them in so much as they were strapped on her feet. I suspect the whole episode is rather more to do with any publicity she can grab for her new book than any serious interest in extreme heels.