The more you wear, the higher you go!

ShockQueen

I've been finding it interesting that the more I wear heels, the higher I can go. I've now been wearing between 3.5-4.0" (total lift whether I'm in platforms or not) and now they almost feel FLAT! What a bizarre feeling since I know I'm on a heeled incline! I'm sure this must be normal, but I don't think I've ever reached this stage of acclamation (sp?) before! Maybe I'll get into wearing 5" heels sooner than I thought!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Y'know, Anagram, I believe you're right! I've always liked heels, but now that I wear them everywhere, I'm more addicted than ever! WA-HOOOOOOO!!!!!

might as well face it you're addicted to heels! thought I'd get that one in before someone else did :smile: I find that my 3" feel like I'm wearing flats. In fact I was playing football in my old 3" heels yesterday. Flat shoes now tend to cause discomfort if worn for too long these days and I only feel like I've got heels on when wearing 4" or above. As for addiction, I don't wear my heels because I can't live without them, I wear them because I want to. I still wear flats for certain jobs, like kicking down sheds and chopping wood (yes! my shoulder's a lot better now :smile:) If you keep going higher and they start to feel like flats, then you'll be disappointed when you're walking on tiptoes and it don't feel any different. Where do you go from there?

I have found the same. My first heels must have been maybe 3". They certainly felt high at the time, but would be "flat" today. Surely it's the same as any other exercise or buzz that we get from anything else that we do. The more you do it, the more extreme you have to be to get the same initial buzz. Or, in less druggy terms, after you run your first 3min mile (lol), 4mins will seem quite easy.

I have the same feeling. Anything below 3 inch of true lift feels as flat and initially I tend to fall backwards when standing. Luckily my beer barrel acts as counterweight and helps keeping me upright. After all those years I find 3,5 to 4,5 inches of true lift ideal for my posture and back pains. Although I like the challenge of higher ones once in a while I never felt the urge or need to go any higher for sensations or anything else. Ultra heels are ok for a short while but my pleasures and feelings remain unchanged after 3 decades around 4 inches. 5 inches is the maximum I can wear for any practical purposes. Also 2 inch is the minimum I can wear for any duration and even that causes my back, tendons and calves to ache after an hour. Difficult to convince my wife about that for some social occasions but that's reality for me.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-04-09 22:21 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I can grasp what everyone's said here about the addictive powers of high heels. Fridays are casual dress days at my office where everyone dresses down, and that includes wearing sneakers and whatnot, yet, I can't bring myself NOT to wear heels to the office, even when I don't have to. I'd feel strange if I went a day at work without my heels. :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

im still waiting for my boots to become comfortable to wear for long periods of time..ive been practicing by wearing them for about 2 hours every night and walking out to the garage and backyard for a while...for some reason i can walk on them fine inside, but when i go outside they seem wierd...i wanna get used to em soon =)

Teyaron: That's not an unusual phenomenon for those first starting out. At first, I experienced a bit of that myself. What's happening is that you feel totally safe and accepted within the inner sanctuary of your home. This leaves you very relaxed. Walking in heels is a breeze. When outside, however, you're more vulnerable. The ingrained fear of doing "something wrong" rears its ugly head and you begin to tense up ever so slightly. This tensing up makes walking in heels a bit more difficult. As you venture further out in public, you'll notice that, for example, when walking across a deserted portion of a parking lot, everything is okay ---- only to have this great heel walking skill seemingly dissappear once you happen upon some people. (when you want the skill most!) You've just been payed a visit by "Mr. Fear". In time, you'll get so used to the heels in public thing that Mr. Fear will find someone else to pester. You'll see................... Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

The other thing to keep in mind about the difference between indoors & outside is that indoors you're probably walking on soft, even carpet whereas outside is hard, uneven concrete. The difference between the two is very noticeable when you're in heels.

Terayon: you may also just have bad quality boots... some of mine are killing my feet after 2 hours, even if they are in the 3" range, while others are close to 4" and can be worn 12h non stop without blinking an eye... Bert

What's all the fuss about?

On 2002-04-09 04:26, ShockQueen wrote:

I've been finding it interesting that the more I wear heels, the higher I can go. I've now been wearing between 3.5-4.0" (total lift whether I'm in platforms or not) and now they almost feel FLAT!

What a bizarre feeling since I know I'm on a heeled incline!

I'm sure this must be normal, but I don't think I've ever reached this stage of acclamation (sp?) before!

Maybe I'll get into wearing 5" heels sooner than I thought!

For me it's kind of different. I went upwards from 3 to almost 5" in a few months time, but now I tend not to buy boots with a heel over 4" for reasons of comfort but mainly for the public acceptance. It's hard to blend in with 4 1/2" or higher, even if they are block heels.

So, not counting the 2" cowboy boots I started off with long ago, I'm hovering below the 4" average... 5" heels still give me the original excitement but their inpracticality renders them almost useless...

And I guess that's what all advanced heel wearers doo: a compromise between looks, fit and convenience.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

my boots are really nice quality, very comfortable and roomy...they arent the best like a custom boot would be, but they are everything i imagined my first pair of heels would be...had an experience today which reminded me harshly not to push myself on heels :smile: i was walkin down a flight of steps off my deck today, when i got to the bottom step, without thinking i sorta jumped down, landed wierd and my ankle sorta collapsed, i can hardly walk in normal shoes, let alone heels right now...gotta take it easy when wearing em

I think heelson was quite right about soft carpet versus concrete. It's quite different wearing heels down the high street on hard/unevern surfaces to walking across the living room floor. Also, don't jump around, especially in platforms. Baby Spice broke her ankle in plaform trainers doing just that.

On 2002-04-15 01:40, Firefox wrote:

Also, don't jump around, especially in platforms.

Unless you're REALLY sure of your balance that is :smile:

People never seem to believe me when I tell them that platforms such as mine are ultra-stable and really easy to walk in, or pretty much do anything - even dancing!

platforms do take a little care while wearing, but once you are aware of this the problem becomes easier. I have some platforms and have no problems except maybe when running :smile: not that I do a lot of that! Jumping would be a similar stress and with you recently overtaxing your ankles while snowboarding, you might have rushed yourself a little. The action of jumping down the last few steps is nonchalant in most circumstances and you don't even conciously decide to do it, but performing the same action in heels, never mind platforms, can cause undue damage. I do sympathise with you, as I have done similar in the past. More practise is needed before retrying :smile: preferably with correctly functioning ankles :wink:

Definitely. The first boots I bought (after admitting to myself that this wasn't going away) are about a 3 inch, but they feel flat now. I'm working on getting comfortable in my 4" vanes, but it'll be a while before those feel like they're flat too :smile: . I've got a pair of 2.5 inch wedges and they feel like trainers!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Yeah...I just can't do below a 3" 'true lift' anymore, so no more trips to Payless for me since their 13's don't go that high. I'm just glad I have one shop that caters to my needs, and does it quite well!

i wore my boots again for the first time today, and they felt soo great..a LOT better than my other shoes, i could walk better in them too! i find they feel great because they wrap around my foot tighter and go all the way to the knee, which offers a better feeling and way better support than my loose fitting very wide skateboarding shoes

• 2 months later...

I agree I started off with black leather (natural) 4 inch chunky heeled sandals (the style with the covered toes and the heel, with a strap around the ankle and are about to step up to 7.5 inch heeled "Dream" boots for more info go to www.ladybwear.co.uk/images/fullsize/dream.jpg

sorry if I have posted about these boots so much, I am getting really excited about getting them! infact I am counting the weeks (from monday it'll be at least 3 weeks (the place I am ordering them from said "two months at least!" and that was on june 10.)sorry for the long post, i'll step off my soapbox now. :smile:

later,

TXT-1

I just noticed this topic. I don't tread into the men's club very much. This is totally true. The more I wear heels, the higher I like my heels. And the better I am in such heels. It is quite incredible and it really does make life more interesting. It is an addiction. Just one woman's perspective as she tries to share with the boys...

See, now you know why us men like to wear heels as well. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!