Any Electronics "Geeks" out there?

Ok, this is way off topic for a heels board. But is anyone out there that is an electronics know-it-all? We have several DVDs here, all different brands. All of a sudden, ALL of them have developed a problem playing the DVDs. Halfway into the movie they just freeze. At first I thought it was the individual DVD, but it does it on multiple DVDs and I can play the same ones on my computer with no problem. If it happened on 1 player or if they were all of the players were the same brand, I would think they were just bad players. But I had it happen on 2 of ours and on my sister-in-laws at the same time (i.e. they were all fine and all 3 suddenly, at the same time, developed the problems). I also just bought another new one tonight to replace the bad one and low and behold, it too has the same problem! I finished watching the "bad" DVD on my computer with no problems. Is this just me or can someone tell me a simple solution to this? It is driving us crazy here! Thanks, Scotty

sounds like the players u are using are having trouble when it comes to changing layer on the dvd (this happens at half way of there abouts). so it will be a problem with the laser reading part of the machine this bit is iether made by sony or LG i believe so u will have contat the manufacturer for each machine in turn an see if they have a known fault of this nature an if they have a solution for it. the worst case here is if u have to send the player back(but u may get a free replacement). the easyist thing to do is buy a laser lense cleaner an see if that does the trick. hope this helps u later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

I am a 'puter geek since over 30 years back, and my only addition to what have been said is that *perhaps* your old readers might need cleaning of the scanning head (laser), *but* as a new bought unit also was "fog-eyed" it more sounds like that the disks were not of top quality considering the make and/or the burner which made them. Best regards, TallSwede

Ok, a few more bits of information: 1) The DVDs were not copied, they were bought or rented from Block Buster. 2) I did try cleaning the DVDs One question though. How do you clean the DVD laser? Is there a special cleaner like you have for a VCR or do I just need to get Q-Tips and alcohol? Thanks, Scotty

I had that same problem with a DVD movie that I had purchased. I discovered that I had inadvertently placed some sort of code into the DVD player that allowed the movie only to be played to that point and no further. I managed to undo that effect, but I don't have any idea how I did it. Perhaps someone else has some idea if this might be your problem, also.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.