High Heeled Sneakers

Thighbootguy

I was in a Payless in Cincinnati and found a pair of their lace up ankle boots that are modeled after athletic shoes except they have a 3” stout heel. The only pair the had in 12 were white which was a little more conspicuous than wanted but I bought them anyway. :bday: I was in town for a class but I live close enough to commute by city bus. The weather was great so I decided to walk home from class in my new boots. This is about a 2 mile walk. I’m not sure I would have tried this with the stiletto heels I normally wear but these new boots have about a ¾” heel print and a round toe that seemed like it would be comfortable and more stable on broken sidewalks and other uneven surfaces. I wore jeans that covered some of the heel when I was standing but the whole shoe was exposed when I took a stride (saw my reflection in a large window). The walk was great. Several people noticed my shoes but passed on without comment. My legs were a little sore. Part of that was from the heel but part was from walking 2 miles. I think a higher quality shoe might have been more comfortable but Payless is more my price range and the opportunity was there.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I walked home from class again. The afternoon was very sunny, and the temperature was mild. It was a great day for a walk. After class I changed into my high heeled sneakers and started home. The jeans I was wearing were a little shorter that the ones I wore the first time I walked home, only the top of the ankle boot were covered. Most of the boot and heel were exposed. Several folks walked passed going the other direction. The men did their best to ignore me but most of the women gave me a little smile. Other than that, there was no reaction from anyone. I was surprised at how little reaction I got, remember this is a bright sunny day and the shoes are white and fully exposed. My calf muscles are a little sore again. It must be the heel height and having to negotiate some uneven terrain. But, that’s what practice is all about. Anyway, I had a great time.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Congrats on your travels :D I'd suspect you've got a couple reasons for sore calf's pinned down.. although some might initially say that since you can wander around wearing 5-5.5" thigh boots that you should have no problem with 3" heels.. well.. distance and speed will catch up to you. A constant walk for 2 miles in 3" heels will give a beter workout then a stroll around a museum in 5" heels.. Best I've done was a couple miles of walking while shopping in 2.5" boots :) Although, I've had 3" payless wedge sneakers, and found them less forgiving for walking then the Aerosoles boots I've had. Btw, for distances I'd recomend the Aerosoles "Walk this way" boot.. so comfortable you kinda forget you have heels on.. unfortunatly Maybe they should come out with a 3.5-4" version built the same *shrug* Much thanks for giving us more tales of your heel wearing, please let us know which model payless boot you've got, since they have 2 versions of the sneaker boot at the moment. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Today was the last day of class. I wore a longer pair of jeans and a pair of black stretch fabric ankle boots with a 3” chunky heel. The jeans covered most of the boot. This was the first time I had worn them outside. I wore then on the bus going to class, and all day in class. After class I went shopping in Cincinnati for an hour. No one batted an eye.

I walked home again and this time went the long way which is about 3 miles. My calf muscles were still letting me know about their effort. There was a small rough spot on the inside of the heel lining and I wound up with a blister. I should know that as soon as there is a discomfort, it’s time to stop. I wound up changing into my guy shoes at the 2 mile point. Oh well, I still had a good time.

JimC - They are model 34960 "White Remodel Athl". I didn’t find them on the web site or I would have included the picture.

Terry - That's actually the style I was looking for. Looks like I'll have to take a trip to Wallmart. Mine are bright white, about 6 eyelets shorter with a velcro starp around the top and the heel is a little thinner.

Sounds like this pair I bought at Walmart, in black like the pic.

Posted Image

I got a pair like these as well. They are comfortable once I put a pair of arch supports in them. I found the sole a bit soft in the middle.

Proudly standing in my Heeled Sneakers

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

Thighbootguy:-) I really enjoy your stories of wearing your boots out and about. I will be looking forward to reading some more when you get to them. Any pics to go with the stories??? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I was doing yardwork with a few trips to Home De-pot while wearing my payless 'converse' knockoffs with 2" wedge heels.. Nada problem. I'm guessing most people at home depot have more on their mind then what another shopper has on their feet. Unlike my usual, I had em on with shorts.. and if you look you can definatly see the wedge of the heel Have fun everyone Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I have a pair of high heeled sneakers that I bought at payless a few years ago. They are size 12, and look like the older style converse sneakers with the rubber toe cap. They are black with white soles and heels. High heels for life, ward

High heels forever, ward

At the present time I don't own a pair of high heeled sneakers. Mickey and I have looked at them several times since they showed up in our area, but the jury is still out on whether I would purchase a pair for myself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

FlipFlop KlipKlop:-) I like the chunkyness of the heel but feel it should be higher. I still can't get used to a sneaker with a high heel under it. Maybe it's just me. I'll have to ask Mickey what she thinks about them. Cheers--- Dawn HH