What have you bought recently

Francis

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is a terrible time of year, because the shops are full of sale stuff. As always I've bought some size 8s that I may never wear... These are not my normal taste (I live in 4" block heeled knee boots) but demonstrate the rubbish one buys if the shoes are sexy enough and reduced to a tenner! I picked up a pair of 4" stilleto strappy sandals with three ultra-fine buckled straps over the toes, bridge and just below the ankle. Because of the buckles I can actually wear them well (I am an 11UK), but God knows when I'll ever wear them outside. They were from Faith, but I can't remember the style. What I went out shopping for were some very pointy ankle boots with a 3-4" stilleto heel that would have been far more practical. Why do we go mad in shops?

i recently bought a pair of knee high boots from argos additions, they have a 3.75" high heel and a 0.5" platform and have a rounded front, so they look good for guy's and feel great, they are at the shop menders at the moment being stretched, they are argos additions catalogue number PL4401 :smile:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Last pair I bought was at Silhouette in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. I bought a pair of black leather kneehigh boots with a 4" block heel. Brand is Tube from Brazil, they have a very steep arch and look superb on me!

owning so many pairs (well over 100) i have pretty much stopped buying. i did pick up a great pair of gucci loafers with a 2.5" heel which are great for business situations. i gave a friend of mine a velvet skirt as a present a few months back, it was part of an ensemble that i bought on ebay, but i only wanted the jacket. she really liked the skirt and returned the favor by sending me some things from her closet that she didn't want anymore, including a red velvet jacket, a pair of bebe 4.5" blade heel boots (awesome looking but exhausting to walk in) and a very girly pair of satin cynthia rowley ankle strap pumps which are really beautiful. everything fits perfectly (we are the same size in everything). merry christmas to me!

Today I called in at the local Asda supermarket (about 5 minutes walk from home). As I was walking slowly past the shoe display I noticed some really nice loafers. Very soft leather, 3.5" heels and a size 8 fits perfectly. All this for £23. I'm wearing them now and finding them very comfortable. See them at Lakeside next Friday. Anybody interested should check out Asda's shoes as they normally go up to a UK 8 or EUR 42. The largest size normally fits me OK. I also noted some sharp looking ponity toed stiletto boots that go up to an 8. These also cost £23 for a leather boot.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Discovered today my new loafers are "by royal appointment (almost)" - Saw a photograph in todays paper of Princess Beatrice wearing an identical pair yesterday - bet hers didn't come from Asda!!

Calv

Just bought a pair of patent ankle boots with pointed toe and an almost 4" stiletto heel. The brand is "Fifty-6". I like the patent leather very much, very shiny, almost wetlook. I had to make the shaft wider around the beginning of the ankles, although it was a size 42. There are lots of boots and heels around now for sales herr in Sweden!

A pair of lace-ups from Barratt, syle called Yaris with 3" heel

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Just because it takes me too long to upgrade from comfy loafers to wedges on this board I decidid to get some real ones for interim. More details about these on my website. (hope the picture link works).

Posted Image

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

On 2002-01-24 00:57, Anonymous wrote:

Those boots look very nice Trolldeg.

Any more details to share...

Sorry gang that last post was from me, my browser hadn't been refreshed and so I wasn't logged in as I thought.

Anyway those boots still look very nice Trolldeg. Where did you get them? They look similar to the Barratts Dash boots but they look better.

The platform works on this boot in my opinion.

Calv

I decided to pay another visit to Asda tonight. Called in at Coventry Asda to get a pair of those £25 stilleto boots but no size 42 in stock. It looks like they are very popular and not many left in stock. So I checked Nuneaton who had one pair of size 42 in stock - if I want a pair then I'd better buy them. So I'm now the owner of a pair of spikey boots. Heel height 3.5" Width is just fine for me. Dare I wear them in the street -they're off to Xaphods place tomorrow so watch this space. I dont know how Asda can produce a soft leather boot for £25 but I'm not complaining.

Calv

Just bought a pair of boots from Brantano, style called Virginia in size 10. They come to just below the knee and are very comfortable Great to see shops selling bigger sizes!

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

On 2002-01-25 12:05, Mano wrote:

To Trolldeg: Yes, I got the patent boots at the sales at F&B on Götgatan, Stockholm!

If you check out F&B at Hötorget you can see the white ankle boots I bought there (no pic yet).

Where did you get yours as shown in the pic?

/Mano

I bought them at Sko-ID in Södertälje. They have 50% off on all their boots right now.

Well, as some of the guys are at the UK Heel 2002 and I couldn't be there, I decided to do my own Micro Dutch Heel 2002 at Silhouette's. Went there early this morning and bought two pairs. One pair black over-the-knee boots with a 11cm heel (somewhere in between a blade and stilletto) size 40 and a pair of black pumps with a 12cm heel size 42. I was helped perfectly and had a nice chat. Sorry, can't post pictures of them yet as I don't have digital camera...

• 3 weeks later...

Lessee, with all the sales on fall styles (basically the look I like best) I picked up a pair of Mudd ankle boots, sz 10, w/3 inch heel and 1 inch platform. Also found a killer pair of Candies ankle boots with a 5 inch heel and 1.5 inch plat. Very cool. Also found a pair of Steve Madden "Georgia" loafers on sale. Even though not a high heeled shoe, I liked their funky, flanged styling.

most recently i purchased a pair of red patent pumps with a 5 1/2 heel, a pair of white patent pumps with an ankle strap and a heel height just over 5" and also bought a pair of 5" black velvet classic pumps for my s/o. purchased all on ebay. very good prices.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I can't justify new purchases at present, due to a loving taxman who wants about twice as much tax as I've ever paid before. I also have to go very careful with regard to my wife's feelings. However, I despair of continued 'masculine-look' heels being freely available. The summer styles seem to be platform sandals and other shoes with thinner heels. I'm very glad I snapped up a pair of four-inch loafers last month in the sales, reduced to £12.50.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

purchased and received on saturday last, a pair of gleaming black patent classic pumps from a sale on ebay. they were brand new and only cost 17.95. they were supposed to have a 6" heel but, to my dismay, they are a tad under 6". oh well, they are still great heels and look good with blue jeans.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of putting these up for sale for my Dutch friend I bought them myself

Posted Image

More details on my website under AS10 number.

There is another pair in the pipeline, I like them even more and already wear them but they're not mine (yet).

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence