What kind of message is this?

On 2002-04-13 09:50, Jeff wrote:

Oh, that dammed computer. It heeled again!

Uh, surely, your computer 'heeling' is a good thing? Like 'I put a different SCSI card in my computer and it heeled up the RAID array'?

If my computer failed, I'd say it had 'comfy loafered again'! :smile:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Reboot? I run Windows 2000. Hardly ever reboot it. But I just thought: I had a tattoo done on Monday, and it's 'heeling' up nicely!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Working for a PC maintenance company, that is always the first line of thought - "have you rebooted it?". Once we have got through to the user that turning the screen off and on won't fix anything we can then get the PC soled and heeled :smile: Most of the PC's I deal with are a right load of cobblers anyway :smile: Nice to hear your tattoo is heeling OK. I've never been into that sort of thing. By the way YamYam, where is Next to Nothing in Brum, is that a Next offshoot?

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

To answer my original question "What kind of meesage is this?" The replies would indicate it is a very convoluted one that now encompasses about four different threads. :smile:

Calv

Yes Calv, many threads, but that weaves something great. Doesn't it? I always thought a higher thread count was good for the fabric. In this case, the fabric of conversation. :smile: Whatever some guy wants wo wear, let him, so long as he doesn't show anything he shouldn't. As for the language issue... I think I am lost now. The only smurf that wore heels was smurfette! Quite intersting for a Medieval world that provided the backdrop. Yes, I liked the Smurfs. I think.

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Smurfette was created by Gargamel rather than being born. Gargamel probably had a high heel fetish himself :smile: But, agreed on the thread subject. If it's not creating a disturbance and decency is preserved, then why shouldn't he dress as he wants. Mind you, it takes less material to cover bits on a male than does on a female :smile:

On 2002-04-17 12:53, Francis wrote:

Mind you, it takes less material to cover bits on a male than does on a female :smile:

Speak for your self! :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

would prefer real beer instead of virtual beer :smile: Ok, reality check! We know they're cartoons, but it shows some people's perceptions of what's around them and, in some cases, their fantasies. After all, who here doesn't have a favourite cartoon? Hmmm! Sounds like an idea for an new thread! :smile:

Hmmm...I used to watch the Smurfs all the time, but I never paid attention to Smurfette's shoes? Does that make me a poseur?

But in the US we would have called the event a bus show in all likelihood, although I'm not certain the hobby of restoring busses exists in the states..

On 2002-04-18 22:38, Driver8 wrote:

But in the US we would have called the event a bus show in all likelihood, although I'm not certain the hobby of restoring busses exists in the states..

It probably does.. There are so much things one isn't aware of. I didn't know there where people who found joy in restoring busses either, untill I met Calv that is.. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Driver8 - The hobby of restoring old buses certainly does exist in the USA. I visited the Illinois Railway Museum a few years ago and found their bus shed, got talking a fellow enthusiast who took us a ride round the site in an old Chicago trolleybus (electric) and then invited us into the cab of a diesel locomotive when he drove it later. As to why it is called a bus rally and not a bus show I've no idea but thats the way it is.

Calv

I suppose it is a rally because it is a gathering of supporters. People are rallying to support the idea of preserving old buses. And they are driven as well, which makes another connection to the idea behind cars being driven for a rally. Okay, so there is no race, but maybe that would be fun. A slow race of bus drivers.

• 1 month later...

Hey Calv, Your bus is fabulous; how bout some mechanical details and specs for the rest of us gearheads out there? Yes, old buses (coaches) are restored and kept up here in the USA. Always loved the MC-8 Crusader, or of course, the choice of the custom crowd: the Silver Eagle. Of interest are the various coaches made in the '50's, with their streamliner styling. Very hard to get nowadays, but every now and then, out on the open road, one hears the roar of a two stroke diesel, and sees the flash of polished stainless steel... Ain't it cool.