slooooooooowwww...

I myself have noticed that over the past few months, my searches here at this forum have noticeably slowed down. I tested the internet bandwidth of my pentium III computer using three different bandwidth test sites. These tests reported that data is passing through my cable modem between 2.4 and 2.8 Mbps. So I think I can rule out my Internet Service Provider connection as the problem.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 3 weeks later...

I myself have noticed that over the past few months, my searches here at this forum have noticeably slowed down.

I tested the internet bandwidth of my pentium III computer using three different bandwidth test sites. These tests reported that data is passing through my cable modem between 2.4 and 2.8 Mbps. So I think I can rule out my Internet Service Provider connection as the problem.

Here I am in Canada, using a brand new laptop computer (P4 @ 2.6GHz) hooked up to a DSL line connected to a different ISP. Online bandwidth tests indicate a speed of 2.0Mbs. And yet I'm still experiencing the slow search I get at home in the USA. So how can you blame location?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

FFKK...Altho we both have mustaches, I have to say "nope" to your question. I definitely can't take credit for that 'pointer.The guy in the pic is Vic Hislop. My best shark to date was a stick of blue dynamite (mako) waying in at 126 kg.It was a one on one fight and caught out of a 18.5ft tinnie. jim

Sscotty727:-) YE GODS!!! You mean that they are going to try to run computers on Spinach??? That's liable to spin your hard-drive through an unused port, or some such ilk. I am Popeye the sailing computer, POOP! POOP! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I had a problem for a few hours early this week. It was so slow that when going from one page to another it timed out several times. I ended up switching off and visiting again later in the day. Every thing was ok then.

I should have mentioned this before. But the searches that are slow for me are when I use the wildcard "*" character as a keyword.

Slow is also a matter of perception and what you are use to. I'm used to things taking a little time to load. 5 to 10 secs for a page sometimes. I think those people with broadband are used to quick service so when the net becomes slow on a certain route the delay is lot more noticable. Also, when you are using the search, then that is limited by the processing power of the server, which may have other demands on it. So even if your connection is fast and your route good, search could still be slow.