slooooooooowwww...

Surely you jest I thought that in this day and age they were all battery powered like watches and the more sophisticated ones were recharged by solar power. Raponchico, I am having a go at Bubba for not being up with modern technology, not you. Jeff

Seems fine to me. Sometimes you might find that you have a lot of spyware on your machine that's doing other things at the same time and slowing your CPU. When I checked my machine I had over 40 programmes on it that I never knew about!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Jeffm you seem to be making some ssumptions there, raponchigo never said he had a modern computer. And he could still have an early manual wind up model or even be viewing this forum on an early abacus, not everyone can afford the latest solar powered casio machines. You also assume that if he is using the solar powered machine he may not be viewing in the dark thus running low on power and slowing down his computer. Bubba should not be attacked for putting forward a possible reason for the slow loading of pages for Raponchigo :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

So....you guys have computors that run on electicitiy...??? HA! next thing y'all will be saying that color TV is "just round the corner", VHS is superor to BETTA and they'll try and phase out 8-track. jim

To address the original question, it's most likely because your route through the internet to this site has a problem. I'm assuming the other sites in Europe/NL are fast for you thus discounting the spyware problem or overloaded machine. The reason I don't think there is a problem with the site is that I am only using a 56k dial up and relatively old machine and it is fast for me. If you want to get to the bottom of the issue, try surfing here at a different time of day, using a different isp, different machine, from a local cybercafe etc etc and you will soon isolate the cause of the problem. Failing all that, insert a clockwork key into one of your ports and grind it around for a bit. You probably won't be able to use that port ever again, but it may may make you feel better :D

Ok to be serious I too found earlier this week and on a couple of days last week the system seemed to be very slow to load a page. By the time I was ready to be annoyed by it, the slow problem had gone away. And my system is clean of spyware etc because I keep it that way, as much as I can at least because it is Ms McAfee who does it for me. Some times these things happen, life wasnt meant to be perfect. Jeff

Shyguy some ssumptions ???? 8) You are absolutely and positively correct, I did make an assumption that Bubba was talking about his own wind up computer and that every ones computer was like his. :D To you shyguy a big :) for bringing it to my attention. 8) To Jim Dont know what computors run on but computers do require electrons to work properly except the abacus thing that Shyguy mentioned. And if you are still keen on the idea of becoming the seventh and eigth states of Oz then you will have to learn to spell color the right way. Jeff

And if you are still keen on the idea of becoming the seventh and eigth states of Oz

Now that's a scary thought mate....but Queen Helen really is keen on it.

If it ever happens, what are we going to do with the All-Blacks.

(on second thoughts...don't answer that!) :D:) )

jim

Jim, we do have some electicity here, we keep it in jars, but if you were serious about colour TV then I'm all for it, what have you heard about its arrival? But if it means the demise of 8-track I'll stick with the current black and white model I have thank you, I mean how can they improve on 8-track?

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Well you guys were we are We use the baked beans to feed the pigs. We use half the pig poo to fertilise the garden We use the fertilized garden to grow beans. We use the other half to create methane. We use the methane to make electricity. We use the electricity to heat the oven and hot plates We use the oven to bake the beans We use the hotplates to cook the bacon. We use the baked beans to feed the pigs. Very ecologically minded we are. As for keeping electricity in jars, I have heard of this but have my doubts. Has any one ever seen it, I know I haven’t. And what happens when you take the lid off the jar does the electricity zap off to some where else? Or if you put your hand in the jar do you get a shock when you feel the tingle go up your arm.?

So....you guys have computors that run on electicitiy...??? HA!

next thing y'all will be saying that color TV is "just round the corner", VHS is superor to BETTA and they'll try and phase out 8-track.

jim

I've heard of BETA, isn't it that new fangled video whatsit?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Beta was superior to VHS, sadly not enough other people were of this opinion. It's a moot point now though, video is completely pants next to DVD. I've just finished watching The Empire Strikes Back on DVD, in widescreen and yummy Dolby 5.1. :D

Can't remember the last time I watched a video tape...

Chris

More important is what are we going to do with Queen Helen if we become a republic too

Australian Prime Minister Harold Holt went swimming over Geelong (vic) way some years back........perhaps we could persuade Queen Helen to do the same.

I'm sure Vic Hislop hasn't fished the place out yet.

Posted Image

jim

Vic Hislop is a dodgy individual from what I understand: he has unregistered cars parked in the carpark of his buisiness in Hervey Bay in Queensland so that it seems that his buisiness is flourishing... powering computers with methane fuelled electricity: interesting, just don't get near me after I've had dried figs; I could power a small city :D later, TXT-1