High Heeled Training Diary #9

Laurieheels

The less said about Monday, the better. I helped my mother move, and there was fresh snow about. This meant flat shoes. So we won't even discuss this day. Tuesday, and back to work after Easter. I was a little bit sore from much bending and lifting of objects to cut down on the moving time. Maybe more than a little bit. I walked to work in my Oxfords, which may not have been a bright idea. I did it, at any rate. And eight hours in five inch heels, and then the walk home in Oxfords. At the end of the day, I was sore. The strange mystery of it, the sore part was not as bad while walking around in five inch heels all day. Wednesday. I was even more sore when I woke up than Tuesday, which seemed strange. My calf muscles were not happy. Wearing heels took off some pressure. I wore my ankle boots for the walk to work, to see if I could get my legs feeling better. The boots were not doing very well, and I had some trouble. They are ready to fall apart. The back of the shoe is no longer sturdy, so the heel shifts as I walk. But I stuggled through, because I hate flat shoes. I could feel the sore muscles, but as much as I can say it is pain, it also feels good. To know my muscles are being used and the used feeling is nice, in some psychological sense. Add another eight and more hours in five inch heels during the day. The higher the heel, the better my calf muscles feel. Why? Well when my feet are flat, the muscle is pulled taught and hurts everywhere. In heels, the tendons and muscles are not being stretched as much, and this eases the sore muscles towards my feet. Thus I theorize heels can hide some of the muscle strain from. During Tuesday and Wednesday I notcied that walking around was fine, and sitting for even five minutes without shoes led to the muscles being stiff and sore. This has passed now, but it was interesting to see that heels made a difference. Thursday was a typical day. A walk to work in my ankle boots, much time in five inch heels, and a walk home. At the conclusion of my walk, I decided that my boots have reached the end of their life with me. They are torn up and the heels will break soon enough. The laces are ready to shred. The toes let in water, they are so worn through. As soon as I do a spring clean of my bedroom, they will be going to die in a landfill. This, of course, leaves me without a pair of boots with a heel, so it is distressting. I loved these boots. It will be a shame to dispose of them. Friday, you will all be sad about, as I had to wear a pair of Reeboks to work. Sorry everyone, but life is what it is. I haven't walked so fast on my way to work in months. So a girl sets out, dark green skirt and linen stockings, and little white trainers. At work, a different scene, as I go from flat to five inches with ease. I walk around for nine hours and I haven't a problem. I was going to wear my Oxfords to work, as I thought they would match my outfit more than my patent stilettos. But I wore one from each pair and walked around the apartment for five minutes before I left and I was certain the patents would look good with linen stockings, a green skirt and a white top. So the patents went with me. (Side note - it is interesting to wear two different shoes, especially with different heel heights. It didn't feel like there was an inch of difference and walking was okay) Saturday was a day in four inch heels. I went to dinner with friends, as one has a birthday tomorrow. We went for Sushi, with half of the guests not liking fish in any form. Silly people. Thankfully, a Japaense restaurant does have beef and chicken dishes. I could go anywhere for that. Serve me up some sashimi! I walked to the restaurant, as it is very close to where I live. Fun times had by all. I was safe going home, no one has to worry. Sunday. That's today. It is a lazy day, so other than being home in my mules with the three and a half inch silver heels, there is nothing to report. Except that I will wear them while preparing dinner. It's a new creation, Tomato braised and shredded pork with fusili noodles. Wish me luck! What have I noticed from this past week? The results of pushing myself on my Mother's wedding day have paid off. When I first started wearing my five inch patent stilettos at work, I could be tired from a walk to the rest room. Now, I can go anywhere in the building and I do not feel the slightest bit of sore muscle or tired feet syndrome. I am mastering five inches for work. My feet are developing the flexability and the endurance I need to live a good, high heeled life. So if I can go nine hours in five inch heels without any problems, or even just the slightest twinge of being sore, then surely, I am making progress. The next step is a day of increased walking in five inch heels. I would like to pick up a few more pairs before I jump to this task, but that would mean waiting over a month for a time when I may have enough money. The other positive point in all of this should make some of you quite excited. I am going to be ready for five and a half inch heels very soon. Maybe within a month. This might mean a training pair of heels purchased next month, and a few days at work with this height. If that goes well, then six should be attainable, even if for short periods of time. Things are going well. My endurance is up, my flexability is up, and my enjoyment is very high. Overall, things are good. So until next time...

You need a another pair of boots quick Laurie. Suppose it rains for a week. You're going to need some nice waterproof boots to get to work in. We'll let you off with the Reeboks on this occasion but.... :smile:

Hay Laurie when do you want to cook that lobster? Snap snap!!! :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Well Fox, if it rains for a whole week, which would be so much better than the snow, I just end up with wet feet. I don't have an option. Hoverfly, I think I would need lobsters first, and if I cannot buy new boots, then lobsters are not going to appear from thin air. I think I could sell the resulting pictures to some Wet and Messy site and really "clean up". :smile:

Surely you can get a cheap pair of PU ankle boots for $15-20? There's loads of choice in the UK in that price range for 3-4" heels. OK they will not be good quality, but they may last 6 months till when you ship comes in.

This is Canada, our dollar has no value or power! I could buy something ugly at Payless, and that's about it. I have $29 to my name right now, and I have to pay for parking when I visit the doctor later today. It's just something I have to deal with and get through. March was a tough month. April will be a tough month, and by May, things will be good again. All I can do is smile and ride out April.