6th & 7th NOV 2004 UK HEEL-MEETS, AND REPORTS

Heelfan

FINAL UPDATE: HEEL-MEETS, SAT 6th & SUN 7th NOVEMBER 2004: _____________________________________________________________ HEEL-MEET 1. SATURDAY 6th NOVEMBER, WEST LONDON 10 am MEET OUTSIDE NOTTING HILL GATE UNDERGROUND STATION (outside the exit on the corner of Pembridge Road and Notting Hill Gate). IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING FIREFOX'S MOBILE 07941 172043 TO CATCH UP WITH THE GROUP. MORNING - Do Portabello Road Market, finishing at the shoeiee end. Then LUNCH. AFTERNOON - Maybe street-heeling through Bohemian Camden or perhaps Covent Garden (incl. Theatrical Costume Museum?)?. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: Firefox, Beeblebrox from Sweden, Calv, Simon, Dr. Shoe, plus ALL OTHERS WELCOME! _____________________________________________________________ HEEL-MEET 2. SUNDAY 7th NOVEMBER, LAKESIDE/BLUEWATER SHOPPING CENTRES (EAST LONDON) 10.30 - 11.00am - WE CONGREGATE AT LAKESIDE SHOPPING CENTRE, BY THE GROUND FLOOR FOUNTAIN OUTSIDE DEBENHAMS (Lakeside is very near Junction 30 of the M25. Go 1/2 mile East on A13 to big roundabout, and 200 yards South on A126, following signs) 11.OOish - WE MOVE OFF AND "DO" LAKESIDE'S SHOE SHOPS ETC. 1ish - LUNCH. AFTERNOON - OPTIONALLY WE CAN MOVE DOWN TO THE BLUEWATER SHOPPING CENTRE (ONLY 15 MINUTES AWAY). IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 TO CATCH UP WITH THE GROUP. GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: So far, we seem to be expecting Me (Heelfan), Dr. Shoe & Ruth, Beeblebrox from Sweden, Forgborkenvv & Mrs. Fogborkenvv, Nhoj62, Si, Calv(?) ALL OTHERS WELCOME - please post! ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on the day. NOTE I always recommend bringing a print-out of these arrangements/phone numbers with you to the Meets! Look forward to seeing you!, Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi. new to this. what do you do at a heel meet? apart from wear heels clearly!

Hi Plasmaboy, dont panic there is nothing weird, albeit the the first meet might seem it.

The three heel meets that I have gone to have been just about being in a relaxed atmosphere wearing (if you like) heels.

In a weird world that we live in it is the ones that turn up in flatties that get the ribbing. so come along to a meeting in heels and meet some other folk that may or may not get the same out of high heels as you.

Oh, what do we do? read the 'bristol meet' or the 'informal bristol meet' or perhaps the 'hayway shoes meet' to find out what happend on the times I caught up with others from the forum.

Nobody will be judgemental, I promise.

Bring your SO along as well, my wife has come along twice now and had a great time.

Make yourself come along to the next meet or have a look on the board and see who lives near you, get in touch, arange a meet and have a good time.

Nigel and family

The angels have the phonebox.

Hi, what with a little tinkerbell in toe, I would like to know as soon as possible, so if it is a 'oop north' meet we can go 'oop t' day before'. wherever really. If daz is still about It would be good to catch up with him, anybody heard from him recently? I PMed him, but no reply, the guy must be going through the grinder of life. Nigel

It seems that there's an ALDO in Bluewater. I would find that interesting. Havn't been to Lakeside for over a year .... last time it was pretty boring, just like any UK high street. Xa

Hi all It has now gone some time since I last time joined for at heelmeeting. I think its about time to join again, but it depends a little about when its planned to occour. There is one weekend in october I might be able to go and that is 22-24/10. A better weekend for me would be in november 5-7/11. Does anyone have a clue about when the heelmeting might occour? Beeblebrox

1st and 2nd weekend in November suit me too. I won't mix heels with my business. That is my choice, if another heelman was in the business too and he decided that he would then that would be his choice.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

FINAL UPDATE: HEEL-MEETS, SAT 6th & SUN 7th NOVEMBER 2004: _____________________________________________________________ HEEL-MEET 1. SATURDAY 6th NOVEMBER, WEST LONDON 10 am MEET OUTSIDE NOTTING HILL GATE UNDERGROUND STATION (outside the exit on the corner of Pembridge Road and Notting Hill Gate). IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING FIREFOX'S MOBILE 07941 172043 TO CATCH UP WITH THE GROUP. MORNING - Do Portabello Road Market, finishing at the shoeiee end. Then LUNCH. AFTERNOON - Maybe street-heeling through Bohemian Camden or perhaps Covent Garden (incl. Theatrical Costume Museum?)?. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: Firefox, Beeblebrox from Sweden, Calv, Simon, Dr. Shoe, plus ALL OTHERS WELCOME! _____________________________________________________________ HEEL-MEET 2. SUNDAY 7th NOVEMBER, LAKESIDE/BLUEWATER SHOPPING CENTRES (EAST LONDON) 10.30 - 11.00am - WE CONGREGATE AT LAKESIDE SHOPPING CENTRE, BY THE GROUND FLOOR FOUNTAIN OUTSIDE DEBENHAMS (Lakeside is very near Junction 30 of the M25. Go 1/2 mile East on A13 to big roundabout, and 200 yards South on A126, following signs) 11.OOish - WE MOVE OFF AND "DO" LAKESIDE'S SHOE SHOPS ETC. 1ish - LUNCH. AFTERNOON - OPTIONALLY WE CAN MOVE DOWN TO THE BLUEWATER SHOPPING CENTRE (ONLY 15 MINUTES AWAY). IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 TO CATCH UP WITH THE GROUP. GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: So far, we seem to be expecting Me (Heelfan), Dr. Shoe & Ruth, Beeblebrox from Sweden, Forgborkenvv & Mrs. Fogborkenvv, Nhoj62, Si, Calv(?) ALL OTHERS WELCOME - please post! ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on the day. NOTE I always recommend bringing a print-out of these arrangements/phone numbers with you to the Meets! Look forward to seeing you!, Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi, Sorry to be the first to reply and say no. Thanks very much for sorting out a date and a venue but we are visiting freinds in Devon that weekend. Look forward to meeting you all at the next one. On a personal note, whoever goes, please take your digital camera, we still have no pics from the bristol meet yet! Nigel

Thank for the message Nigel & Family. Sorry you can't make this particular Meet, and neither can Daz, Thighbootguy2, Paul (North-East) or Highonheels. However folks, I've had enthusiastic phone calls or PMs confirming the following attenders: Firefox, Dr. Shoe and Ruth, Fogborkenvv & partner, Si, Ruthy, Nhoj62, and a "Probably" from Francis & Jackie, plus those others who've already posted above. Should be a good one! Any more interested attenders? ALL WELCOME! (turn up in some great heels if you wish, but it's not compulsory!). Please post below . . . . . . . . Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

You mean saturday 6th November, surely!

Sorry for being pedantic. And sorry for calling you shirley! :-?

Personally, I'd love to join you but I'm 'booked in' for a wedding anniversary trip to london with the missus that weekend.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Thanks Euchrid for pointing out my error! I meant SUNDAY 7th November. You weren't being being pedantic, just extremely helpful! I'm playing in a band on the Sat 6th, and I thought Sunday would work out well for everyone. The Lakeside shops open at 10.30/11am which is just when we meet and move off, and close at 5pm. I'll now edit and correct all my previous postings and PM everyone to say it's Sunday and not Saturday. Thanks again Euchrid! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!