That's it, disaster, I can't go on any more.

xaphod

I wrote my boat off a while back (dismasted about 10 miles off Cherbourg), but, hey, I'm getting over it.

To help me get over it, I took a heely trip up to London yesterday. A bit of shoe therapy would help.

Disaster .... Sacha in High St Kensington seem to have gone out of business !!!!!

Sod the boat, but where am I going to go for those beautiful boots now .... I'm feeling totally aimless, rudderless even.

Xa

But ...... But ...... But ........ this is a disaster! Carnunnerstannit! Sacha seemed to be thriving when you lead us all in there during our London Heel-Meet a few weeks ago! Still, nil desperandum! Have you tried the other branches of Sacha in London (Oxford St. etc.)? It might just be that the lease has run out on that Kensington premises only. Over my many years of heel-buying, I've seen all too many cases of a branch closing for that reason, only to be cheered up when I found that others were still open. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

There's a good one in Düsseldorf, I was there yesterday. Got very tempted but could resist on a pair of great blades. I don't know if it makes sense to undertake a 300 km trip for a pair of boots, but some of us are crazy enough :D B

What's all the fuss about?

I (if I had a roadworthy car and a licence I could get from Perth to Quairading which the town where i was born, which is 166Km away, in 2.5 hours so a 5 hour round trip! one thing to remember though: Western Australia is 5 times larger than the UK!

later,

TXT-1

OOPS,

sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a very dry snese of humour.

Even so, it's a pisser when my fave shop is taken over by a bunch of mouthy spotty youngsters flogging the latest mobile phones.

I looked on Google to find any other Sachas in London, but little joy. The only other one in Neal Street closed a couple of years ago.

Xa

There is a publication here in the USA, called "Thomas Register" that lists the names of different industries, manufacturers and wholesale and retail companies by categories and commodities. It's a "handy-dandy" data base you can use to find anything from a left-handed tempreture disgornisfacator to importers of chinese silk, and yes, shoes. Although the service I subscribe to lists businesses in the United States and Canada at ThomasRegister.com, perhaps there's a Thomas Register or some other similar type of service for the UK and the common market companies that you can use to find Derber Shoes.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.