What About Hosiery?

JeffB

Now this may well be a subjective topic of interest to only a few, but since I began wearing mostly pumps at the office, I've paired them with full blown hosiery....yes. pantyhose! In the beginning when I wore heels to work, I started off with block heeled loafers and boots, and socks worked well with them. But as I graduated to pumps, socks just didn't cut the mustard because even the sheerest men's variety made my shoes tight fitting. So, I went to knee highs which were an improvement, finally, to pantyhose which I now wear to work every day. I don't know if the feeling I get from wearing hosiery can be quantified as sexual, but I do enjoy the feel of hosiery under my slacks five days a week. In case anyone's curious, my brand of choice is Hanes Resilence with is both sheer and pretty durable for day to day wear. I'd be curious to know if anyone else out there wears hosiery with their shoes. Should make for some interesting conversation I think.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Funny, I've never had the desire to wear hosiery. With ankle boots, thin lycra trouser socks are best and even thicker socks in some, depending on the fit of the shoe. I have worn hosiery on the odd occasion, but I think it's rather wasted if you are wearing trousers unless you are into the feel of it particularly. Anyway, good luck with it. I know other guys wear it as well, so it would be interesting to see their thougts, but for best effect I think you guys should do sarongs/skirts too. That would be breaking the mould!

ive never tried it very much... i normally just wear thin socks with my boots, i do have a pair of thigh high stayups...but they dont stay up very well as they claim so i only tried those once or twice...socks work better i think anyway, but if your wearing pumps then hose is probably the best option

I rarely wear hoisery, and whenever I do I use stockings and a garterbelt. Because I normally wear my more feminine shoes under long flared pants, just thin socks do the trick. I also often wear boots which wouldn't show anything either. As with my skirts (in public) I try to wear more masculine shoes hosery is not an option either. Hosery doesn't specifically feel special to me (although I always shave my legs) and the only times I wear them is leisuring in a long nightgown at home for added warmth. In sandals I go barefooted.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Been there, done that. Not my stile. :smile: No way I am going to shave my legs! Cotton or trousers socks will do just fine for what I wear. However my wife is jealous to the fact that my legs look much better than hers. :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-04-08 01:23 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Usually, I'll do either hosiery, or my favorite are the lycra tights, which are opaque, black, and feel pretty darn good. Plus they stand up better to heavy abuse better than plain hosiery does.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I don't bother with tights or stocking unless they are going to be seen. if I wear tights or stockings, normally my toe nails tend to cut their way through at a phenomenal rate :smile: best stick with the socks

I've shaved my legs in the past. I don't have any problem with that. After all, we shave our faces, so what's the difference? But generally, shaving/hosiery seems to be too much trouble unless it is on show, and if you are wearing trousers it isn't. In fact I know women who have said they wear trousers/socks/boots so they don't have to bother shaving.

I vary the thickness of my socks according to the boot style/fit I'm going to wear on any given day. My new Sketcher's 4" heeled knee high boots, for example, are a size 11 and are extremely comfortable with a thin dress sock. Most of my other boots (mules I wear barefoot) are fine with standared run-of-the-mill cotton socks. Shockqueen is quite right about lycra/spandex tights being nice. I wear them when I bike ride and in-line skate and they're extremely comfortable. Movement in them isn't impared at all, and they're also surprisingly effective at keeping one's legs warm! Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

normally my toe nails tend to cut their way through at a phenomenal rate :smile: best stick with the socks

Well cut your toe nails and emery board them smooth. Toe nails cut through the heaviest socks also.

-- Brandy

Funny you should ask, just got back from shopping and came back from Nordstroms with OROBLU Repos 70 these a medium compression pantyhose and they feel wonderfull!! I got turned onto "travel hose" some months ago and have been trying different brand. Tired feet, aching limbs etc. If you have not tried compression hose do, if your 'not' interested you do not know what your missing. And they look good are reasonable priced. There made in Italy and run a bit on the small size, check the size chart. -- Brandy

I wear hosiery at home, as I like wearing pumps the two go together as Jeffb wrote. I enjoy the feel of hosiery on my legs and have a large collection, going back some years now. During the day I usually wear opaque knee-high trouser socks, or lycra trouser socks, or cotton socks. I have tried pantyhose under trousers but tend to find things get too hot under there (could do with some today though as our heating is off - somebody in the office thinks April = summer despite me scraping ice off the car this morning :smile: ) With boots, it all depends on the fit of the boot, some boots are a bit looser than others, so need a thicker sock, whilst others need thinner socks. I do enjoy the feel of hosiery, and also all the different styles and types available. We can't let women have all the fun!

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

• 4 weeks later...

Usually it's a good pair of knee-highs for me, but my favorite are black tights, so I can wear more choices of what I want.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I like black tights too, but some days I'll be in the mood to wear something more sheer. At the office, I'm sure a good many of my co-workers either know or suspect that I'm wearing some sort of hosiery with my pumps, but no one's bothered to ask. Just like with the shoes, they've grown used to what I wear on a daily basis. Now that spring has arrived, I may well opt to wear a lighter shade of hose and see what sort of reactions I get from that! :smile:

There is absolutely NOTHING that compares with the FEEL of aproximately 9-12% Lycra pantyhose ("Just My Size" brand 'Lasting Sheer', 'Light Support', or 'Naturally Bare'; K-Mart 'Awake!'--when I weighed less than 200 lbs; etc). Clear nail polish works well on runs; using reinforced toe hosiery, along with clipping, filing, and a little nail polish on the big toe also keeps the runs down, and since I don't wear open toes too often, if all else fails I "cap" the pantyhose around the big toe with duct tape. I haven't bought a pair of men's socks in 20 years--acrylic or cotton knee-hi's are also nice, as are women's athletic and anklets--and they come in other colors besides black, white, or some tinted shade of gray! C'mon, guys, if you've made the plunge to wearing PUMPS? to work, do you really think ANYBODY at work is going to NOT assume that you also wear pantyhose--even if you're not???

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

One thing more... If it gets too hot or smelly you can always cut out the cotton crotch...which is really uncomfortable without some other underwear underneath, but do you really think most women don't wear some form of bikini or thong brief under them most of the time? (Unless of course they're in a hurry or getting ready for a HOT date...).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

For the record, I wear women's underwear as well, Jockey For Her if anyone's curious. There was a sale at the local department store and I bought six pairs of Hanes Resilience in off-black and gentlebrown, the former goes well with my shoes which are all black while the latter matches perfectly with my skin tone since I'm African-American. At present, I've got something like 20 pairs of hosiery in my dresser drawer. Not only do I wear hosiery to work during the week, but on weekends as well. Now that we're in spring, I've opted for the lightest, sheerest hosiery available for wear at this time of year. Just like with shoes, pantyhose has now become part of my regular, every day wardrobe. But, that's just me. :smile:

I don't see the point in wearing women's underwear unless you get a kick out of it which is cool if you do :smile: The thing about my heels is that they fit and can be practical footwear whereas I can't see how women's underwear is made to accommodate your bits unless you buy a couple of sizes bigger or something and then it wont fit round the waist. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but I can't quite get it.

Like I said, it's my preference, and what I like. Just like with everything, women's underwear comes in a wide variety of sizes to accomadate practically every body shape and size, and since I'm rather thinnish in shape, I have no trouble finding briefs that fit well. Besides, I just can't envision myself wearing boxers with my hosiery! :smile:

But does your tackle really fit in there? I would have thought it hangs out round the edges. Pardon my ignorance but I've never actually tried any, even my girlfriends, so I'm probably talking out my ass!

That was me, the board is playing tricks tonight! Anyway, Anagram was saying he agreed with JeffB, boxers and hose didn't cut it. I don't wear boxers, I wear slips, but whatever you are cutting it's with a blunt knife because noone can see :smile: However it's how you feel that counts I suppose.

Well, for the record, everything fits nicely and I'm quite comfortable when in hosiery which has now become part of my everyday wardrobe. Even though no one can see it because I have pants on, hosiery still feels quite nice to wear.

If I'm not wearing ordinary socks, I tend to wear knee-highs with my boots and shoes. I find they slip on easier, and I think barefoot in boots is a bit yucky after a while! I have been known to wear tights (okay, no-one knew except me) but I don't think I'd want to wear them all day, and especially not now the weather is warming up :smile: .

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

On 2002-05-12 14:26, Firefox wrote:

But does your tackle really fit in there? I would have thought it hangs out round the edges...

It depends on the cut, and the fabric, and how cheaply they are made--best if you get a pair that is ~90% nylon, 10% Lycra; I like hi-cut (French-cut?) or Thongs.

• 3 weeks later...

I quite like hosiery and wouldn't consider wearing heels without pantyhose or stay-up. In the cooler months, I especially enjoy the warmth and the feel of pantyhose. Cheers to all Vanessa (bloke)

Women's extreme hip hugger pants have the added attraction of actually FITTING(!) a man's hips, and being tight in the crotch, AND looking like they are ready to fall off! _________________ Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-03 19:41 ]</font>