New work boots?

Rockpup

Heya guys. From time to time I have to work in several inches of water. So carrying rubber boots with me is a common occurance. Marc Jacobs has a new pair out http://footcandyshoes.com/detail2.asp?product_id=644142 that should work out fine. They come in several colors, or in just plain black. Worst case I think I should get them to work around the house with all the hurricain flooding we've had.

Nordstroms lists them on their website, but I've yet to find a pair in a store. I may have better luck after Francis came through town.

Seeya

Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Well, other site's have said 3" heel.. doesnt look quite as short as 2" to me, but thats why I'd rather check them out in a store first. Here is Nordstroms page, which used to show all the colors except for black.

If you were to use them in foul weather or for yard work I doubt you want much more then 2-3" heels anyways.. Not to mention the black ones seem pretty discrete.

gotta go

Jim

Well, I found a similer pair in Aventura the other day at Bloomingdales, but they were $10 more and had 4 eyelets for laces near the top.. Not wanting either I did get to scope out the boots. Not bad build quality, and they look quite comfortable. I did not see a pair at the Nordstroms in Coral Gables the other day, but will be in Boca Raton tomorow for work, and plan to check there. If they have them I will get them tomorow.. if they do not I may wander down back to Aventura and pick up the black pair, and just yank out the laces. I will probably be wearing my 2.5" aerosole boots, so I will have something to compare these to.. both stores are known for excelent customer service, so I should not have a problem trying one on to make sure they fit :D Have a great weekend Jim

Well, I didnt find the boots without the laces, and while examining the boots (and getting some odd looks from women shopping) I decided I didnt want them with the laces. Oh well.. Might just have to order a pair :D The number of colors is nice. Now, if I just had a latex catsuit in every color they came in I'd have to get all the colors of the boots :) I'll let you know when I get a pair. Jim

Howdy Gents!! :D JIMC (and others of course), if ya want check out the site I'll list below. Although it's of a German Chic with a VAST Rubber Boot Collection lovers and/or wearers can just drool over, you may just find some other links of styles desired for either work or other wear. Take Care and Happy Hunting at WWW.RUBBER-BOOTS.DE.

Boots Rock!!!!

• 1 month later...

Well, last weekend I finally got around to ordering a pair in black. I'd given up on trying to find them in the stores. I am quite pleased with them so far :-? They are very comfortable to walk in, and fit nicely up my calves, too bad the rain season is over, although we could do without the 4 hurricains in FL next year. I'll get pics up soon. Jim