Your Highest Heels Make Others Seem Tame?

Heelfan

Over on Jenny's Forum, Erica from Sweden (who has many pairs of 4" and 5" stiletto heels that she often wears at work and socially), has just got married, and got her very first pair of 5 1/2" heels for going away to her honeymoon. She has just posted there: "after a bit of walking in 5.5" heels you know a day in a 4" heels or even 5" heels feels a bit tame". Now 5" heels are at (or beyond) the daring limit for many girls, so it is interesting to read Erica now describing them as "a bit tame". Do the rest of you find that whenever you graduate to a higher heel it makes the rest of your high heels feel tame and boring, or do you still get pleasure and excitement from your earlier lower heels? Your comments please! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

An interesting topic indeed! When I launched into my public heel wearing, I began with two inchers, mainly loafers and oxfords, but in time I worked my way up to three inchers, then four. Over time as I became more and more comfortable with higher heights in public, wearing anything under three inches doesn't satisfy me, just looking at shoes with low heels thoroughly disgusts me. Nowadays, I'm wearing four inchers more regularly, Hell, I'm comfortable with five, but I'm sticking with four as my ceiling at present because of my environment at work. It's important to maintain a tasteful appearance, and five inchers might well be pushing the envelope too far. But yeah, once you go higher and higher, it becomes difficult to be happy with lower heel heights. This I know for a fact.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

my mum only ever wore about 3 or 3.5in heels, and i used to try them on when i was small and in her sz4 shoes this felt high. Growing older i learned of higher heels and i just dont seem to be happy in heels unless they are above 4in,. 4.5 is my fav height, as it is high, but comfortable over longer periods still. As i like this height, most of my collection is 4'+ and i find the 2in shoes i have v boring, so i would agree on this topic

It does for a time, yes. Like, three inch heels feel boring and flat so why wear them, like, ever? Of course, after some time, it can be exciting to go low for a day and turn heads for the opposite of the norm. Everyone wondering where the higher ones are. It's important if you're making a statement to try do things that make the statement seem more interesting. But anything under four inches feels tame, and even at four it's like wearing something I could go running in.

I agree, as you wear higher heels it is easier to wear the ones that were a challenge before and this is one of the classic methods for high heel training. However, I personally find it quite stimulating to wear a pair of kitten heels or low stilettos as these seem less stable and enhances the tactile sensation of walking.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yes, obviously the lower heels don't give as much sensation once you are used to the higher heels. But for guy, it is nice to wear lower heels once in a while, just when I don't want to attract too much attention. I have sandals with 3 inch heels, which I consider my street safe shoes with which I can go anywhere. It is not the same as the 4.5 inch sandals that I sometimes wear, but fun nonetheless

Short answer... Yes. Wearing heels makes your lower heels feel tame. I do agree with a few posts though. Sometimes it is nice to wear the 4" heels instead of 5.5" heels for that bit of extra security in walking. Lee