Sunday Brunch

After church, yes, I DO attend church, I went to my faveorite little restaurant for brunch with my friend Samantha. With fall in the air, I dressed in Navy Blue. This included my new 130mm Navy Patent Stiletto Slings with navy hose! When I arrived, I saw Samantha and waved. She stood up . . . she was in Navy too! She was wearing Navy pumps, tho. :D Two young girls (Probably 20-something) came over and asked if they could sit & chat a bit with us about our shoes. We said sure. Their curiosity was about why we wore such HIGH Stilettos and how often. I stood up and turned around so they could see my legs and derriere' . . . "See? THAT'S why!". Samantha added "Here-Here!" :) I didn't have to say another word. They understood. There is hope for the younger generation!!! 8) Namaste'< Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Based on what Anita has posted before, I would bet the heels she wore that day were at least 5" high. You guys have to remember that we, like our British friends, don't use the metric system of measurement. So, we're confused every now and then. (But then, Anita might have just made a typo while typing her entry. :D - It happens to all of us from time to time)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Bubba Australia became metrificated back in 1967 I think it was but anyone older enough knows both systems. And I just happen to have a steel measuring tape in my drawer that has imperial on one edge and metric on the other edge. So I can tell you that 13 centimetres is close enough to 5.1 inches. Anita said the heels were 130 mm high which is 13 cm high or 5.1 inches. I was just correcting s TXT's posting when he said 130 CM (not MM) high which would be 51 inches. I hope this is clearer than my Aussie rules guide. :D Out of curiousity why doesnt the US convert to metric? The scientific world in USA has, and you use a metric system for currency, it seems strange you dont go all the way. Jeff

Oh, yeah!!!!!! You try driving on your "right" side of the road in the USA and see how far you get!!!!!!! :rofl: (I remember talking to a guy in Sweden once and he told me that the Swedish used to drive on the same side as the British. But they changed somewhere along 1967 or so. I asked him if they found the it difficult to change. He replied it really wasn't that difficult because the change was gradual. Buses and trucks were the first to change and the cars changed a month later.) :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My maths skills are crap! Australia became metric on 13 febuary 1966 I do believe! we may drive on the left but the steering wheel is on the right side, literally! (I sat in a LHD '69 mustang it was weird, a steering wheel where the glovebox should be! later, TXT-1

I have no problem with driving on the right side of the road because most of the world population does so. In fact it is a wonder that accountants havent tried to influence car makers to change so that the whole world is tha same. I am sure they would see that as saving in expences some how and also use it to justify increasing their numbers to account for the changes. What is even more curious to me though is that you Americans use a decimal system in money matters then devide your share prices into eighths of a cent. How weird is that? Special just for you Anita :D:) Jeff

Yes . . . it IS weird! I must seriously agree it would be soooooo much easier if we all drove on the same side & measured things the same way. Namaste', Anita C.

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Anita have you ever had instances in court where one person gives evidence in imperial measurements and some one from the scientific community gives evidence in metric. If you have how does that work for the layperson in a jury, does some one have to convert it for them or do you have to get the scientific person to speak in imperial measurements or what? I ask because last night I watched a show on the Saturn probe and all the control people were talking in kilometres per hour and metres per second. Being an American show and watched by an American audience I wondered what they thought of it. Jeff

It's happened several times. Uauslly the person is asked to convert the measurements to show both units . . .. never a biggie. Namaste', Anita C.

Yes, Chris, the foot controls are the same. :D It IS a trick to work the radio & heater controls LEFT handed! :) Namaste', Anita C.

I have an '53 (I think is's a '53) Austin 2 tonne truck which is RHD when we were pulling the motor out - to do the core plugs - which were done in '93, still gotta put the motor back in too :D I noticed that holes under the cab- in the firewall were there for LHD! later, TXT-1

I would think that pretty well all cars made today are designed with left and right drive in mind. That is what I meant about the accountants. If designers only had to worry about LHD it wouldnt take quite as much time to design them and the manufacturing costs would be lower in making the die to press the panels, the instrument cluster and steering mechanisms, wiper assemblies etc. Jeff

There are some that aren't, for example limited production runs such as Lancia Delta Integrale were only available in LHD apparently because the fancy exhaust manifold got in the way of the steering gear for RHD. On the other hand some have been designed to make it easier to swap from one to the other - Rover SD1s had a hole in each side of the dashboard for the steering column - the unused hole was filled with an air vent and the instrument cluster was in a separate binnacle which sat on top of the dash and could be fitted in either driving position. Emma