heels for everyday use

terayon

hey guys

lets paste some of the shoes we do wear everyday..id like to see the sort of styles you guys are pulling off...u can also post some of the comments, negative or positive u have recieved because of them..

also, what do you guys think of this style of boot..i have been looking all over for it as my first "outside" pair...think i would get any odd stares, or would it even be noticed at all?

Posted Image

Posted Image

heres the style i have...heel is a little high, but my pants do tend to cover a lot of it..

still no luck finding a low wedge heel boot =

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: terayon on 2002-04-11 13:37 ]</font>

Not with shorts, but under ankle lenght skirts. Feels great and looks good.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

sure, here are some:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit: I had to browser resize picture widths to 600 max, and height resize to maintain aspect ratio. Try to keep picture widths <600 pixels to avoid horizontal scroll. FF.

This space has been left unintentionally blank.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-04-23 01:47 ]</font>

The last pair are nice. The platform is thin enough to not set off any anti platform alarms, and the heel is very nice. I would prefer a slightly pointier toe, but who am I to be fussy? My favourite for boots are lace ups, of course, but the demise of my favourite ankle boots has led me to be more open to ideas and styles.

i dont really like any of them...the one with the chunkiest heel is my favorite, but i personally like a bigger platform and chunkier heel....my boots are my idea of a perfect boot :smile: may not be everyones favorite, but then again, the whole point of wearing shoes is to express yourself as an individual

I like all of them. The ones in the second picture down are my favourite, no platforms and typical of the type of heel I often wear. 4-5" not too thick but not stiletto style. I think I've got pretty similar taste in boots, though I don't have so may wiyth platforms.

The boots in the second row of pictures from the top are just about identical to what I wore to work today. The only difference is that mine have a slight (1/2", well below Laurie's platform radar) platform sole. Our temperatures have dropped 55 degrees over the last two days, thus, making the knee high boot an appropriate option again! :smile: Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

i think a good boot must have at least SOME platform, otherwise you can feel everything your stepping on, and the shoe will wear through a LOT faster....i bet it would take years of everyday walking to get through my 1.5inch platform, a 1/2inch would prolly be to the foot in under a year of non constant use

The idea of shoes is not that you wear through the whole platform. The only bit that wears is the sole rubber or top piece on the heel. If you wear a pair a lot, you need to replace the top piece or get them resoled. You'll find most platforms have a voided lattice construction inside to reduce the weight anyway, so when you wear through the sole, you have to replace that bit.

Trolldeg, Teyayon doesn't know what he's talking about, I've got some boots like that (the without platform style) and I do wear them quite regularily with jeans. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I tend to favor the ankle boot heel type (pic nr 3), steep instep but adequate heel shape for conspicious appearance and small platform for comfort, stability and insulation.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-04-23 16:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-04-23 16:08 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

We're all different in what we like, it's very obvious. I think that it is wonderful, of course, because diversity is the key to society. Life would be boring if we were all the same. Here's to boots and infinite variety. (yes I am bored and not looking to nap today so I am just posting my rambling thoughts)

On 2002-04-23 14:24, Firefox wrote:

Pic number two is a nice style TG. I have many similar pairs. Could you tell us a bit more about your pair there, height, cost, maker and source, that sort of thing?

well FG, they are Bronx boots. leather, 4 inch heel, cost 1099 SEK (about $100). bought them at a store called Nilssons.

well FG, they are Bronx boots. leather, 4 inch heel, cost 1099 SEK (about $100). bought them at a store called Nilssons.

Ah they are those... great you can fit in a 40, I can't even fit in the 41 of that model. Some people are just lucky.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?