Trying My Hand With White

JeffB

I am in several points is the same situation as MikeyGee, and of course I would like to match my shoes with my wife ones. She likes shoes, and since I joined this forum I am evolving t share more and more the hobby with her. JeffB, I am lucky if i find a couple of shops in a town and in that case they have mainly flats. Well now we have the net, but I am still scare about the sizes. Why it is so difficoult to have a standard taking into account all the variables? This could be another thead. Going back to MikeyGee comments regarding DownHH welcome, I have to agree with him totally, and besides of that and considering I have been in this forum only 20 days, I already find people like DownHH JeffB and many others as friends. I am loking forward to be able to dedicate some time everyday reading and posting.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been inspired by you guys. I'm sitting here at work, now, wearing my 4" white stilletos and a little denim miniskirt looking out of my window down at the road, wishing I could just pop across to the shops. Dressed as I am. But sadly no, I can't. There are no people doing anything like this (at least in sight) in 'Slowsville', so I will content myself with trying to buy a pair of shoes at lunchtime. Trouble is finding 4"+ heels. Flats are very much in fashion at the moment, and whilst I can appreciate them on a lady, I myself want to wear H-I-G-H heels. I'd love a pair of 6" heels with ankle cuffs and no platform sole. I'm just an old tart at heart! Hey ho.

Well, here's a couple of good places to start looking for pumps with heels over 4".

Posted Image

While I don't know if these sellers stock shoes with heels higher than 5", from the description posted, they have all sizes in many different colors.

You can find them on eBay at: (this vendor advertises US woman's sizes 5 to 14) Pumps

And the other vendor advertises pumps from size 5 up to US woman's size 17. other vendor

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

JeffB:-) The pic that Bubba136 showed included a link to that black and red shoe and also a link to another great looking pump with an ankle strap. Maybe you should check them both out as they are really nice pumps in various sizes and colors. They might look nice with some of your outfits for use at the office. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-)

The pic that Bubba136 showed included a link to that black and red shoe and also a link to another great looking pump with an ankle strap. Maybe you should check them both out as they are really nice pumps in various sizes and colors. They might look nice with some of your outfits for use at the office. Cheers---

Dawn HH

An ankle strap, eh? Y'know, that never occured to me! I've always been a traditionalist when it comes to shoes, preferring a plain, unadorned pump. Perhaps it's time to expand my horizons a bit and see what I can do!

:D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Now your catching on! Your beginning to experiment with other colors, isn't it time to experiment with other styles of pumps also? Variety is the spice of life, so they say. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, I've already started wearing slingbacks, perhaps (heavy emphasis on perhaps) I might give mules a try. We'll see! :D

Well, I'm having so much fun wearing heels in public, might as well try lots of new stuff and see what happens! You just CAN'T get this sort of excitement or enjoyment from boring ass men's shoes! :D

It's such a thrill to wear heels which are always fun. I get such a special feeling when I'm in my pumps that men's shoes can't match in a million years. And people say I look perfectly natural in heels and can't imagine me in anything else! :D

Most definitely! With the wide variety in styles, colors and heel heights, women's shoes are a virtual cornucopia for the feet while men's shoes are so incredibly limited in all those areas it isn't funny. I just can't see myself wearing them anymore.

I quite agree with what you say. I wouldn't be wearing men's shoes if I didn't have to at work for my job. Cheers---

Dawn HH

I've heard that before. I feel for you. In that regard, I guess I'm very lucky in that I've been able to pretty much wear whatever shoes that I want. But I don't take that priviledge for granted. I always remain tasteful and stylish about what I wear, I believe that's helped me become accepted at my place of work.

Being stylish and tasteful in your case and situation is a must. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, for ANY man who chooses to venture forth into public wearing women's shoes, it's crucial that your entire apperance be top notch, otherwise, you run the risk of looking foolish.

JeffB:-) I try to look co-ordinated before I step out in public. If I'm not, Mickey68 will suggest what might fit better and look better then I make the change before we step out the door. I'm getting better at choosing my outfits than I used to. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Color coordinationing a shirt, pants, hosiery and shoes can be a tricky proposition, but it can be done once you've done some reasearch and experimenting. Here's some of my favorite combinations:

all black (shirt, pants, hosiery, shoes)

all brown (ditto)

all navy (ditto, but I sometimes opt for off-white hosiery and white shoes)

all gray (off-black hosiery and black shoes)

olive shirt and pants (with suntan hosiery for light colored shoes, off-black with black shoes)

red shirt and navy pants with suntan hosiery and red shoes

red shirt and black pants with off-black hosiery and black shoes

white shirt and navy pants with suntan hosiery and navy shoes

white shirt and black pants with off-black hosiery and black shoes

beige shirt and brown pants with suntan hosiery and brown shoes

Then there's the variance in shoes as I have smooth shoes and patent shoes. And I LOVE wearing black patent heels!!! I also go the extra step by making sure my underwear matches my color scheme. Case in point: I wouldn't dream of wearing all black without black panties! :D

In the end, it's a matter of trial and error, but wearing clothes that look as nice as your shoes CAN be done! I'm proof of that!

JeffB:-) Thanks ever-so-much for the heads-up on the various combinations to color co-ordinate your shirt, pants, hosiery, and shoes. Very enlightening. And, YES, you ARE proof that it all works. I just hope that I can follow in your foot-steps. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Thanks ever-so-much for the heads-up on the various combinations to color co-ordinate your shirt, pants, hosiery, and shoes. Very enlightening. And, YES, you ARE proof that it all works. I just hope that I can follow in your foot-steps. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hey, I just do as best I can. It took a considerable amount of trial and error to get all those combinations down pat, but the finished product has been quite delightful. Once, I never cared much about clothes, other if it fit and was cheap, now I look for nice stuff to go with my nice pumps. If it weren't for my burning desire to wear women's shoes, I'd still be dressing like a slob! :D

JeffB:-) I know what you mean. I was never a clothes horse myself and only bought new clothes when I absolutely needed them. Now since I am beginning to street-heel, I find that I have more concern on co-ordinating items and colors in my out-fits for public heeling. I even find that I have been helping Dawn to upgrade some of her out-fits for her outings also. I bought my first ever leather skirt the other day at a very good price. Jeff, I don't know whether you are married or not, but my wife is very savy when it comes to what goes with what and which color, and is a tremendous help to both Dawn and myself. She won't let us out of the house unless everything is perfect. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I'm very much single, but I'm okay with that. I've found that if you look good on the outside, you'll invariably FEEL good on the inside. And wearing nice clothes (with nice heels) does that for me. That's why I do as best I can to present a stylish image whenever I'm out in public.