Bright yellow is smashing!

raccoon

Bright yellow is awesome for pumps and boots  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Bright yellow is awesome for pumps and boots

• Yes!
    • It's OK, but nothing special
    • No, thanks

During shopping today I came across a lady in some nice calf boots. They had fairly pointed toes and 3" or 3.5" blade heels (I'm not so good at estimating heel heights).

What struck me most were their colour. Awesome bright yellow! I've never seen anything like that.

Here's a sample of what comes near, but hers were brighter again.

Posted Image

What do you say?

Edit 18 Sep: picture link redirected

I love yellow shoes. It started when I was about 12 years old and my sister bought a pair of yellow high heels (3 inches) at a local market. She was going to use the shoes for a "bad taste party". After the party she threw the shoes away.

But they never ended up in the bin. They somehow ended up in my closet :D

15 years later I still got the shoes, but they are way to small for me. They are a size 5 UK and I wear 9-10UK.

I recently bought a pair of yellow shoes that would fit me:

They are made by Ellie shoes, model 8221

Posted Image

This is just me mind you, but yellow does nothing for me. It's just too conspicous for daily wear. I'll stick with more muted colors.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Bright yellow can be really nice, it was fashionable this spring as a matter of fact, not too steep yellow pumps with a long pointy nose were very in fashion, of course i had to get a pair myself :D I don't think bright yellow boots are the way to go, though

Yellow thigh boots look absolutely stunning with a red pvc catsuit! Watchout, yellow is going to be the big colour next spring.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

This is just me mind you, but yellow does nothing for me. It's just too conspicous for daily wear. I'll stick with more muted colors.

Upon further review, I do believe I've contradicted myself since I've worn RED patent in public, and that's no more muted than yellow! :rofl:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

Did anyone of the swedish members watch Swedish Idol on tv4 on 15/10-04?

When I saw the yellow thigh boots Stina was wearing, my yaw dropped to the floor! I've been searching the web for a picture, but so far no luck.

The boots she wore looked liked theese:

Posted Image