shoe museum

hey i was wondering if any of you guys have ever been to the Bata shoe museum in toronto..or any other ones around the world? i live not too far outside toronto and was thinkin of going in their to see it...from what i hear from people who arent even shoe lovers its pretty cool place

That's one of the few redeeming features of Toronto, and it actually makes me consider a visit to that city again one day. I have wanted to see the Bata Museum for three years now. I have seen news items about it on TV, and it looks like an interesting place. It combines my enjoyment of history and my love of shoes. How can it get any better? I think I would wear a good pair of heels if I went for a visit.

I visited the place recently while in Toronto. There is one large exhibition hall, which has a history of shoes from the various eras and lands, an static exhibition of shoe makers tools etc, and then two smaller exhibitions. One is about the variation and popularity of heels in the twentieth century, with about fifty different exhibits of styles, designs and heels. The other exhibit revolves around Chinese footbinding techniques. There is also a video presentation of the fashion designs made famous by Princess Diana if you want to have a sit down. Admission is $6 (cad) and you'll probably want to allow about an hour and a half. The place is on West Bloor Street, about half a mile down from Yonge Street, with a nearby Spadina subway station as well.

• 3 weeks later...