Shopping together

Fog

We went to Dolcis in Croydon today to check out the dog end of the sale and bought the identical pair of mules each, mine in an 8 Mrs F's in a 5. I didn't bother to try them on I had nylons on and they were only a fiver. Funnily enough the size fives were £8. If I had a digital camera I'd post a picture. They've got several thin straps around the toe, and 4" heels. The girl at the counter opened the first box said "Size 5" and put them back. She then opened my box, said "Size 8" looked very quizical and took one shoe off backstage (or where-ever it was). They then changed assistants, and the same conversation happened again. It was fun, Mrs F looks very good in hers, and I'm pleased with mine, although I won't venture down the road of self praise which is certainly no recommendation. Has anyone else bought identical shoes with their partner?

No I wish she would go with it though. She often buys the more masculine female styles, so it wouldn't be outrageous if we did his and hers shoes. One can only hope :D Some pics of your purchase (or even pics of similar from somewhere online) would be good. And Kudos to you both for carrying it off.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Never done this as we're both the same size! (UK8 Eur 42) - therefore we buy one pair and share. It's great for going out - quite a few times she's worn high heel mules to the cinema or theatre and when the lights go out I feel her foot rub up my leg which is a signal for me to slip her shoes on.

My wife and I frequently shop for shoes together. It is fun, we both enjoy it. We also have many pairs of matching sandals - flats and heels - that we wear togerther and separately. Several times over the years people have commented on or matching shoes. People say that we look cute together or just comment that our shoes are "cute." Last month we were out shopping in matching Steve Madden wedgies. The female clerk at the store noiced our sandals and just went wild. She called the other clerks - mostly gals - to come look at our shoes, and said she thought we looked very nice together... It was a fun and positive experience... SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Hi, We have never bought two pairs at the same time. The wife being a 4-5 and me a clomping 9-10, I dont think I have come across this pairing of sizes in a shop. I would be concerned that we would start to look like Harold and Hilda if we started to dress the same. I have made this quite clear to her but she is wearing more and more of my clothes lately, Iand I wont be returning the favour. saying that though, It would not stop us if there were a pair of matching "heels to die for" and we both liked them. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Several times, over the past 10 years, my wife has returned from a shopping trip with identical shoes for both of us. The first time she did this was at Easter time (April) in 1993. She bought matching white high heel sandals. A pair of 8½ with 3" heels for her and a pair of size 10 with 4½" for me. (we've never bought them together -- though. Her taste in shoes is completely different than mine - I usually don't like the styles she buys for herself. And, she doesn't like heels as high as I do. )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Ruth and I bought high heel wooden sole clogs the other week. Hers were gold and mine burgundy red. They were in the sale and so they didn't have the matching colours left.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi! Just an observation I have made over many years here. Women, as a general rule, like to stand out in the crowd, ie. they do not like to be seen wearing the same thing as another person (woman, usually :) ). I remember once my wife found a really cute pair of ankle boots in a brown suede, laceups with about a 2 1/2" heel. I generally go for the higher heels myself, but I thought these were soooo cool looking that I just had to get a pair myself. My wife was not happy, saying that she did not want me to have the same pair of boots as her, but in the end we both got a pair. :D

I keep asking my wife to by me a pair when she buys one for her. She believes I am joking, It does not matter how many times I mention it. She does not want to do it or expend the money for something of litle usage. Who knows :D

High, Jaral. If she's ameniable to your wearing heels, try a different approach - get a feel for what she likes in heels. Then, the next time you go shopping, surprise her with a showing of at least three different pair, with your trying them on as she does, comparing notes. If she's at all unwilling to do this, however, I wouldn't press the issue...

Genebujold There is an issue. There are so few shops with my size. Internet shoping is the eassiest way. Usually the shops with hheels shoes in large sizes do not sell the size my wife wear. I shall buy shoes for her to start, and keep asking her to help me to try.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry everybody, it wasn't the brightest thing to start a post and then go away on holiday. Had a nice time in France, with a little shoe shopping thrown in. Shyguy, sorry for the lack of pictures, I will have to work on that one. I searched the internet (for a short while) but to no avail. When I get a digital camera I'll be boring you all with pictures of my purchases until the novelty wears off. Nigel, I take your point about Harold and Hilda. We don't have matching anoraks yet.