Size Conversion

Jay1

Hi folks! I've been thinking about buying a pair of black formal-type women's trousers for quite a while now. I have loads of heels that would look great with the right black trousers! You know the sort, those ones that are bootcut or slightly flared! I see loads of girls in my office wearing them! My problem is I haven't a clue how to convert my waist size so I know what size trousers to buy! I've had a look on the net but Sherlock Holmes I aint! My waist is U.K. size 36 (hoping to be less shortly!!) If anyone can translate that into women's sizes I would be very grateful! Jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

ello jay1

you would probably be around sz 18 or 20 in womens trousers

my waist goes between a womens size 14 all the way to 18 so jusy look around.

try www.tallgirls.co.uk

with them u can order a style in several sizes then send back the ones that don`t fit.

hope this helps

nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

If you do not want to try them, take a men pair of yoursize. Open them and take a reference (ie the trolley bar). Then go to choose the girl model you like and compare with the reference. If the girl ones are a little elastic, it is enven eassier. But why not to enjoy asking for them to a salesgirl and try in the shop?

Hi Jay Next also do loads of nice classy trousers of every style size and length. Theres plenty on the website or in the catalogue, or in the stores. No problem buying stuff and returning it later. Or do like I did recently in M&S Outlet. I took 2 pair of trousers to the changing room. One from each side of the store. Nobody noticed and I bought both pairs. Try also TK Maxx, they should have an assortment and nobody bothers when you're browsing the rails. I fould a really nice pair yesterday and a pair of black suede jeans. My waist size is 32 but I find that size 12 or 14 fit me best. According to the size charts I should be a 16 but they always drown me. I'm not complaining though :D Good luck in your quest

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

You can actually try them on in the store. It is easiest in stores that have both women's and men's clothin. I just take the women's pants and try them on in the men's fitting rooms. On occasion I have even asked to try on things in stores that only sell women's clothing. But if you are uncomfortable with that, try the first option. That way, you know your size.