The Olympics, what a bore.

Here we are in the UK faced with hour upon hour of coverage of what meagre piss poor medal hopes the Brits have. And, oh wow, we just got 5th place in the underwater synchronised toe twitching competition. Yawn....the stadium was empty though. Good job the cameras captured the action! As for Paula Radcliffe. What a loser. She couldn't win so she gave up. Built up over weeks, she wasn't good enough on the day. No sympathy required. Stop crying Paula and win the 10000 if you can. Let the running do the talking. Athletes like her are millionaires so no tears need to be shed. I bet she doesn't even wear heels.

It could be worse. You could be here in the States and have to put up with the trials and tribulations of the dysfunctional men's basketball team and the endless soap opera regarding drug scandals involving our top track & field stars. It is indeed a crashing bore. But the U.S. lady beach volleyballers are easy on the eyes! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well I am watching the Olymics because we in are doing great. Yes we are fourth but compare that to 1 USA population 290,342,554 2 China population 1,286,975,468 3 Japan population 127,214,499 4 Australia population 19,731,984 Oz is number 52 on the population list. Yep I am pretty proud of our gals and guys. Jeff

JeffM - I concur. Countries may be doing "fourth" but "compared to what?" Same goes for countries that are doing poorly. I recall a few games back there were several very unlikely contenders from some countries that have no natural resources on which to train the atheletes. Yet the world rallied behind them, despite the fact that they finished near last. Why? Because they gave it their all, in spite of the odds! In this light, the vast majority of Olympic atheletes are winners the moment the games began!

Sorry I should have made it clearer though I thought it was clear enough. Fourth in the medal tally at the time of writing that post. We are now in third position. I think it reasonable that the higher the population the more chance there is of finding some who stands out in certain athletic skills. I also think it reasonable that the more resources the better trained those people are going to be. So isnt it reasonable to expect that countries like USA and China will be the most successful at the Olympic games. While we might have excellent resources in the areas of training our athletes, we certainly do not have the population to select them from that other counties do. Gene I agree with you that all participants (officials excluded) are the winners. I remember in the last games or the one before that some guy from one of the poorer nations was sent along to swim in one of the events because he was the best by far that his country had found. And he had never seen an olympic sized pool in his life. And if any of you feel I am getting up your nose then tuff because I am not going to withdraw my pride in my country men and women for what they have achieved. Jeff

i could not agree with you more! it is totally :sleeping: can`t stand it have to change chanel! i give up, we is rubbish at sport why do we even bother! later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

If the olympics is so boring why are you watching it?! We haven't even seen so much as a baton change because we have sky TV and are able to watch UK Gold, the Sci-Fi channel, MTV, The cartoon network, etc. Olympics, what olympics? BTW. The reason why Australia do so well in the Olympics (or most sports) is because the athletes treat it as a profession and not as something they do in their spare time. Moreover, athletes are looked after well enough so that they don't have the pressures of keeping down a full-time job. Size of the country has nothing to do with it. The West Indies (pop circa 2.5 million) had one of the world's greatest cricket teams.... until recently that is! :D

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Poor Canada. I just returned from a trip to Toronto. The television newscasts and newspapers were full of complaints and excuses trying to explain why Canadian athletes were not winning medals at the Olympics. One of the more common questions asked was how could a Canadian athlete be fast enough to achieve a personal best time and yet not be fast enough to qualify for a medal?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

If you don't watch at least part of it, how can you determine just how boring it is? Think about it.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I was responding to Dr. Shoe when you snuck in between. I should have posted it this way:

If the olympics is so boring why are you watching it?! ...

If you don't watch it for a little while, then how can you determine if it's boring?

Hey guys and gals:-) Since you all think that the Olympics is so B-O-R-I-N-G, :sleeping:, why don't we all start our own Heely Olympics? How about these for our catagories? 1. Flats - pole vaulting. 2. 1" heels - 25 yard dash with handicap walkers. 3. 2" heels - 100 meter dash. 4. 3" heels - 50 yard desk hurdle. 5. 4" heels - volley ball. 6. 5" heels - discus throw. 7. 6" heels - soccer. 8. 7" heels - basketball. 9. 8" heels - balance beam. Etc! Etc! Etc! I don't think that this would be the slightest bit boring. As a matter of fact---it could be down-right fastinating. Where's my popcorn? Mickey68!!! I told you guys and gals that I had a very fertile imagination, didn't I? Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

High Heeled Boots Forever!

If you actually selected to watch some of the more 'exciting' sports at the Olympics, you might enjoy it! Take the track cycling for instance, the GB team has done fantastically well. :D Some of those 'races' had me sat on the edge of my seat.

i give up...................why do we even bother!

What an interesting mindset you have nhoj62. :D

Have you ever concidered the difference between a man who says "I have failed three times!" and the man who says "I am a failure!"

Perhaps we could all learn something from those so called, "boring athletes".

jim

MTV is worse than the olympics! the Discovery channel is good though! (I got rid of Foxtel (payTV) is it was highly repeditive and cost me a small fortune, I have NOT regretted giving it the chop! the gymnastics was interesting, though! later, TXT-1

TXT-1 Are there non official cards to watch TV around Australia? You could save a fortune..... These days I rent DVDs, but people managed to break the codes, and Digital TV will be soon available for everybody.......

yes but HIGHLY illegal! I'm not going to be fined $50,000! FoxTel digital is set to have 300+ channels and cost over $150 a month when I watched the gymnastics it was on FTA TV(Free To Air) TV later, TXT-1

It isn't the athletes or the events that are boring. It's the presentation and incessant commenting that drives me up the wall. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi TXT Pay a visit to the MODSHOP one in Belmont and one in Innaloo They will sell you all the hardware you need for about $650 or $800 installed. And they will insist that what they are doing is not illegal. What is illegal is if you rent the Foxtel hardware in its basic form and then up grade by putting in your own card to get all chanels. Check it out , it will only cost you a phone call. Jeff

Well Radcliffe proved what a quitter she is. Another race she failed to finish. I saw a British guy in the Triathlon whose wheel broke in the cycle part of the race. He carried his bike for a few thousand m before he got his wheel changed and eventually finished the race. That's guts for you.

If you actually selected to watch some of the more 'exciting' sports at the Olympics, you might enjoy it!

Take the track cycling for instance, the GB team has done fantastically well. :D

Some of those 'races' had me sat on the edge of my seat.

Actually, cycling is even worse than running (IMHO). Someone pass me the matchsticks, quick!

BTW I agree about MTV but at least they don't even mention the dreaded "O" word!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.