payless

hey yesterday i went into payless, and i must say that i was massively disapointed with their selection of shoes..they did not have 1 knee high boot in the entire store in any size, and i only saw a few ankle boots too...maybe its cause its the summer...dunno is it normally like this?

Yep. Unfortunately you are going have to wait till early fall. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

It has gotten to be that way. It seems the ones here in Denver do not carry 13's anymore even though they're on their site. It's okay anyways....I still have my fave place to shop.

SQ

Posted Image

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I really dislike Payless. Okay, my oxfords were payless, and I could not believe it. This was three years ago, of course. Since that time, they have had very little of interest. Clunky and low is not the way to go. Someone tell this to Payless in Canada.

I've seen Payless change as well. The Payless near me has reduced its stock to accomodate sizes up to 9 1/2! So, I can't buy shoes there anymore anyway. They used to carry some nice heels sometimes, but I see more sneakers and flats now. Their boot assortment this winter was horrendous. All low, most clunky. :smile:

So many shoes, so little time...

On 2002-04-03 14:50, terayon wrote:

i dont mind clunky (im assuming your meaning chunky), but low isnt the way to go

I don't mean chunky, I mean clunky. Heels that don't taper or don't go straight, but instead get WIDER as they go down, heels that just look, well, like someone walked with flat shoes from lego and picked up random blocks to make a big clunky heels. Even chunky can have some redeeming features. Not that I will ever wear chunky heels, but clunky is beyond chunky.

What about the ones that are on the platform boots these days (don't shoot me!) that taper and then go back out to the thickness that was at the top? Those aren't bad in my opinion.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

On 2002-04-04 06:43, ShockQueen wrote:

What about the ones that are on the platform boots these days (don't shoot me!) that taper and then go back out to the thickness that was at the top? Those aren't bad in my opinion.

Are you talking about the cone heels?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I think the correct term would be flare? Tapers through the middle than flares out. Am I right?

Payless is a lower cost chain of fashionable yet comfortable shoes. They have gone with the comfy trend so much the past few years that the styles tend to be boring. It's a typical North American chain that sacrifices elegance and variety for comfy frump and cheap prices.

I do the bulk of my shoe buying at Payless because not many manufacturers make women's shoes in 13 wide which is what I need for maximum comfort, especially since I spent eight hours a day in them at work. However, the selection in 13 wide at Payless seems to be decreasing all the time, even though women are getting bigger. I only shop at Payless stores in the inner city where I live as they have the size I need. In suburban stores, they only go up to 12, and in some places, only 11, so you have to notice that when you shop.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've been to the US, but not for about ten years or so. I remember 'Payless' being a DIY store that was bought out by B&Q or some such. I'd be interested if any UK-based people remember that one. I suppose the UK equivalent might be something like "What Everyone Wants" or - duh - no, it's gone. There's a bit WEW in Tamworth, where I have been known to go shop. Mind you, they've got nothing interesting above an 8UK, so it's lucky I'm an 8UK, really :smile: Actually, we're out of boot season anyhow, so there's not much point me going shopping until September :smile: . _________________ %insightful_comment% <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yamyam on 2002-04-16 22:11 ]</font>

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Yes I remember Payless DIY. In fact I was in Nuneaton's today. (It is Focus DIY now) No shoes though just some sand and cement! I've seen Payless stores all over the states when I've been on holiday but never been in one.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Brantano still have plenty of boots on the shelves, they'll probably have a sale soon and shift them for the summer. I agree with you Yamyam about What everyone wants. Nothing there over an 8 and even then just boring plastic styles.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

We are just going to have to wait till the fall. :smile: _________________ Hello, my name is Hoverfly. I am a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!!! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-04-17 05:02 ]</font>

Fall? That's like, years away! It feels like it. I need some new sandals, something with heels higher than Payless could ever dream of. It will get warm and I might just have a chance to get my toes all polished up nice. :smile: Why not show them off to the world?

• 1 year later...

If you go to http://www.paylessshoesource.com you can see what styles and sizes are available and if your local store doesn't have them you can order them for pickup there. That's assuming you know your size. Payless shoes tend to run larger and wider in size than most other womens' shoes. I can wear almost any style from there in a 10W, anywhere else I have to get an 11.