New boots

Rockpup

Heya guys, was out shopping for boots the other day, decided to go ahead and just shop.. trying out in the store, etc. :D

While I was discrete, I did not try and hide. Found a few boots that were nice, one pair of Franco Sarto's were very comfortable, and very quiet with a 2" rubber heel, but I just was not happy with the way they looked.

Oh well..

As the day progressed I settled on a pair of Tommy Hilfiger (sp?) calf boots with a ~3.5" heel.. they are definatly taller then the 3" wedge sneakers I was wearing. Quite comfortable, and while standing in my longer jeans they kinda look like western boots.. even when walking only about 1-2" of the heel shows.. only got a couple odd glances while wearing them today.. hehe

Here are the only two pics I've taken.. so far I've worn them for about 8 hours, mostly driving..

Might look into having the heel surface replaced with rubber since these are a a little louder then I'd prefer, but I still like them.

Have a great one

Jim

Posted Image

Posted Image

(formerly known as "JimC")

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!!! Last year I got a pair of those for my self. You will have no problems with those.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Great looking boots. Heels and toes remind me a little of cowboy boots. I wouldn't think you would have any problem wearing them anywhere -- I wouldn't wear my pants quite so long, though. I think about 2" from the floor would look neater. Good choice, though.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for the compliments everyone :D I did forget to mention running into one of our clients on the east coast prior to taking those photo's. I was standing at the pump filling up my work vehicle (27 gallon tank), and I see the marked truck pull up in front of me, and a known person get out and walk past me to the storefront to get some beer :drinking: We briefly said hello before he left again to empty the containers. I'm a bit concerned about affecting our family business with my heel wearing, so I was a tad nervous when I saw him pull up. Oh well, no-one noticed :) seeya! Jim

Great looking. Really like the heel shape. I prefer the toebox a bit more square or pointy but otherwise I'd get myself a pair right away. On the other hand, a round toebox is less noticable.

What's all the fuss about?

Posted Image

Yes, quite nice indeed! Those boots would go well with a pair of black leather pants or flared jeans. I think I'll look for a pair like those! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

Well.. Not quite a step in the wrong direction, but close.. wore these boots while checking out a shopping area in Miami. Made it through the parking garage, over a pedestrian bridge, and through Nordstroms when I decided that I was -way- too self concious of the noise made by the heels :) I have a new pair of Areosoles, model "walk this way" that are silent, and I prefer that I guess.. oh well.. At least I ventured out in them :D Maybe I can get the heel tip changed out to rubber or something. Jim

JimC.:-) Thats a great pair of boots for street-heeling with that western flavor look and you shouldn't have any problems with them out in public. That is the kind of boot that I look for. Let us all know how they work out for you after you quiet the heels a bit. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well.. Not quite a step in the wrong direction, but close.. wore these boots while checking out a shopping area in Miami. Made it through the parking garage, over a pedestrian bridge, and through Nordstroms when I decided that I was -way- too self concious of the noise made by the heels :)

Why be self-conscious about the sound? As long as you choose to wear what you want to wear, why worry about something like that? I for one LOVE the sound a pair of high heels make, to me, that sharp click-clack sound is like music!

:D

Great Boots! Sounds as though you've not actually measured the exact height. If you do it the European way (at the back of the heel) I think you'll find that they are at least 4 inches high! Why be shy and silent? Firefox and I go the opposite way from you. We let our heels be audible and areall the more proud of them! We often put steel segs or caps or screw-heads around the base of the heels to make sure they are at least as noisy as ladies' steel-tipped stilettos to enjoy the clicking and make sure our fashion statement does not go un-noticed! There is a photograph of Firefox's semicircle of steel screw-heads on one of his threads on "Shoe repair and modifications". Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Jim C.:-) Heelfan:-) Micha:-) A little over 8 months ago when I began street-heeling, I would have the heel tips replaced with rubber as I bought each new pair of boots. I guess that I am getting braver as time goes on. The heel tips on the last 3 new pairs of boots have not been changed and still have the tips that were on them when they came out of the box. Some are a little noisier than the others, but I must be getting used to the sound as time goes on. It doesn't seem to bother me as much as before. As I said before, Jim C., those boots of yours are the kind I look for for my street-heeling. They look very nice and comfortable for long term wearing and I like the looks of the toe-box and the heel shape. Could you give us all a complete set of details on them? Cheers--- Dawn HH

HeelTV:-) You are certainly right when you say that your new boots aren't very discreet for street-heeling wear. They are very unusual. The toe boxes look like they are grinning at you with a full set of teeth. And the feather side trim looks awfully delicate to wear under pants. The heel is ultra slim---how high is the heel? You would certainly have to watch small rocks and holes with those heels as slim as they are. Very different, but very nice pair of boots. Enjoy them as much as you can. How about some details on the boots. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi Dawn,

here are some details about the boots:

the material is Nubuk (I don´t know the english word)

they are size 41

the heel is 11,7 cm high

and I bought them in a shop in Munich for 99 €.

Yes you´re right, I have to pay a lot of attention for holes and cobblestones with this slim heel. But I´ve got another pair of boots were the heel is a greater challenge. Look at the picture:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

HTV

HeelTV, thanks for posting the pics of your new pair. The heel may be more of a challenge but the boots are really elegant. The heels are so thin, I think they would make a higher pitched sound, say a "click click" instead of a "clack clack". Will you report on wearing them please?

HeelTV:-) Thanks ever-so-much for the added information and details on your boots with the grinning toes. I really appreciate your effort with that and your great pics of both pair of boots. Your new pair are of black leather and the skinniest heel that I have ever seen on a boot. I don't know whether it is the slimness of the heel or what, but they look to be higher than the 11.7cm heels on the other boots. They are a fantastic looking pair of boots and I really like the shape of the toe-box on these. Are they also size 41 and are both pairs knee-high boots? As you can see, I'm definitely a boot man and I just love how they fit and feel on my legs and feet when I'm out street-heeling in public. I wear panty-hose under them for a better fit. Do you wear both pair out in public as the new pair show very little wear at this time? How about some details on the new pair? I can see that the heels on the new pair certainly would be a great challenge when rocks and cracks were present on the pavements. High heel boots forever!!! Bendwend2:-) Welcome to the HH PLace Forum. You have been a member for a while and it is good to see you beginning to post with us. Enjoy. Cheers--- Dawn HH

HeelTV:-) Jeff's last post just reminded me of something that I wanted to include in my last post and forgot. To echo Jeff, your boots are quite unusual and I haven't seen any like them anywhere either. Here's hoping that they are comfortable for you for a lot of years of wearing. Enjoy!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Posted Image

HeelTV:

Oh, wow! The more I see, the more I like! The thin heels on those boots is quite enticing! This pic is my fave! I'm sure they must be a dream to walk in!

HeelTV

EXCELENT BOOTS!

Great Boots. I too am a boot nut wth over 30 pairs (at last count).

They are really sharp! I wish you many years of enjoyment with them.

Congratulations on a great find!

Oh, and more pics if you can.

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

At first: a thank to all for the good wishes and the interest.

In my last post I show two different boots from biondini.

The first two pictures show my (a little bit more than) knee-high boots with an heel of 10.5 cm.

Posted Image

The second pair is an pair of ankle boots with an platform of 1cm and heel hight of 11.5 cm.

Posted Image

Both are very comfortable to wear and walk and made an unusual silent noise for such a thin heel. The best underground for those heels is the street and not the pavement. :D

About the street heeling I can say: I´m working on my confidence and hope it grows.

For Dawn I´ve tried to make an compare picture because of the heel high.

Hope you enjoy it.

Posted Image

If you like more pictures: let me know.

Bye

HTV