My new (ish) boots

youngwolf

I've not got them yet, the cheque went off today so they'll probably get here by saturday one hopes. I've been after a style like this for a long time, mainly the style of knee high, but the style and silence of heavy duty rubber soles. They also look trully goth so they still work for me.

We are what we are, let nothing stand in our way in what we do

youngwolf wrote:

They also look trully goth so they still work for me.

Knowing that you are into the "goth" look, that was my first thought, too.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

REALLY REALLY GREAT NEWS!!!!! I've just come back of a holiday in Whitby, and I took the boots for a road test. I was helping out in the better of the goth shops in whitby with a couple of friends of mine and I wore them all day...from 10 AM through till 6 pm...I was on the shop floor most of the time and no one made any remarks about them, smoked a cigar or two outside on the high street...same reaction again. ANd to top it all off when we went home I kept them on all the way through the main harbour...loads of public and DAY TIME TOO!! I'm really pleased I managed to do this, I felt a slight bit uneasy but once I was on the street it was a case of give a damn and I got on with it. I am SOOOOOO HAPPYY

We are what we are, let nothing stand in our way in what we do

I was on the shop floor most of the time and no one made any remarks about them, smoked a cigar or two outside on the high street...same reaction again.

Well done Mate, sounds as if your road test was a success. Your boots are very low key and shouldn't attract anything more than a casual glance....if that. As you have noticed, people in general really don't care what we have on our feet.

What dose impress me tho, was that you smoked not one, but two cigars in a public place....and didn't get strung up for it!!

Smokin' in public,now that takes courage!! :)8):D

jim

(puff...pufff....pufff...aahhhhhh.....don't ya just love a good Cuban)