boots with zipper entry

dressboots

I have boots with side zipper as well as pull on styles. What do people prefer, a to zipper or not? I find them to be a feminine fashion element of boots and like the look in many styles. They defintely make putting them on and off easier. However, some styles would just not look right with them. People's preference in placement of the zipper? The bottom bending toward the toe of the boot or ending in line with the shaft? Side, back, front?

classic style high heel boots

Like Bert, I am absolutely pro-zipper.

Last spring, my wife bought me a pair of J-Lo boots with 4½" heels Posted Image that, while they are suprisingly comfortable in spite of the extremely pointed toe, are bothersome to lace and unlace whenever I put them on or take them off.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Like Bert and Bubba, I'm also pro-zipper, again, mainly for a more snug fit. Can't wait for this season's styles to hit the street! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yes, I agree. I forgot about the snug fit aspect in boots. I have boots that would be impossible to put on or take off without opening the zipper. Others I have seem to be opitonal other than making entry and exit easier. I defintely prefer the form fitting look which is hard for me to find for my slim leg. I too eagerly await the arrival of new winter fashions.

classic style high heel boots

Jara12:-) I am glad to see that you have found the forum and are beginning to post. Welcome to our little family here on the HH Place Forum. I prefer a boot with a zipper as it is much easier to gain entry and exit from them with a zipper over a pull-on. I have had pull-on boots through the years but I don't have any in my collection at the moment. I do have calf-high and knee-high boots with full length inside zippers. The pair of boots that I have on right now as I post this are black distressed leather knee-highs with pointed toe, half inside zipper and a 3½" straight down block heel. They are a bit harder to get into as the top part of the shaft doesn't open and they have a tongue and adjustment lacings all the way up the back. once adjusted then you use the zipper. They also have a western stying. I have not had boots with back or front or double zippers. At the moment I have no ankle or thigh-high boots in my collection either. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Jaral2, my wife bought them on sale at a shoe store in our local mall. I've recently noticed that style for sale on ebay at very reasonable prices.

(check out this pair, for example: J LO boots

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Jaral, Bubba, I've got a pair just like that only in pale blue. I got mine in Strutton Ground Market in London. They were only a fiver, which made them a bargain. As Bubba says they are very comfortable, however Mrs F won't let me go out in them. She's the sensible one! They are a fiddle to lace up but nice when they're on.

i must admit i also like a boot with a zip, but then i have a pair of j lo boots without a zip cause i could not find a pair with zips, but i love them none the less. an most of the boots i get in future will have zips too as it makes it that much easier to put on an remove. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

I always purchase boots with an inside zip. I don't think they give a better fit because stretch boots tend to cling to the leg like a second skin. I've seen a couple of colleagues who have bought zippered boots that fit on the feet, but because their legs as so thin there is a big gap between the leg and the boot - in this instance stretch boots would be a good idea. The reason my boots (with the exception of one pair of lace up knee boots) have an inside zip is because I always spoil myself and buy genuine leather boots. I've never been tempted by imitation - even though some look like real leather. I think the leather is warmer on the leg, your feet don't sweat as much and they last alot longer Last Autumn / Winter, Dune had a lovely selection of black knee length leather boots. I ended up buying a pair with a sexy 4 1/2" stiletto heel and a buckle design up the shaft..................my poor credit card :D

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

Zippers are i general better,i have numerous boots,one pair has a zip on both sides of the boot and i have have a pair with a back zip.Both are very snug and comfortable.The only exception are my j lo style bought from jones the bootmaker,which lace up.Takes a while but they are worth it!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I have three style of thigh boots, pull on (no zipper), ankle zipper, and full length zipper. Each have their own feel and style and present a different image (at least I feel differently about wearing each style). The pull on boots are all 4” stiletto heel and are easy to get on (and off). They have a loose fit around the ankle. I think wearing them is more about wearing boots than about wearing heels. The exception is a pair of chap boots with a 5” heel. My heel just fits through the ankle when I put them on and they are not convenient to slip into (or out of). My ankle zip boots are either flat heel or 5” stiletto. The flat heel is still a loose fit around the ankle (even with the zipper) and are definitely about wearing boots. The 5” ankle zip have a much tighter ankle that emphasize the heel and are as much about wearing heels as wearing boots. The pair with the full length zipper are crotch length and fit tight all the way past my knee before they flair out at the thigh and have a 5” stiletto heel. I find the ankle zip boots easier to get on and off then the full zipper version.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

All hail the almighty zipper God and the person who came up with the original idea. I also just love zippers for all the many reasons that others here have mentioned. And like Thighbootguy said---It's all in the fit and feel unique to each pair of boots. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I have nine pairs of boots, five zipped, three pull-on, and one pair laced. Although I tend to prefer zipped boots for the fit and because I like the look, I often find that my calves are slightly too large and they're very tight. My two pairs of long pull-on boots (black leather thigh, black suede OTK) are slightly more generous and therefore more comfortable. My lace-up boots give me the best of both worlds, a lovely snug fit without being too tight. It takes a while to get into them though, as they're knee length and have 21 pairs of D-rings! Chris

Chris100575:-) A very interesting essay on the fit of your various styles of boots. The shape of my leg-calves must be very close in the size, shape, and fit that the calves of the leg shapes built into the boots that I buy. In other words---the shape of the boot shafts and the shape of my legs when wearing heels are very close in the fit. They make my legs look very feminine when I have them on. On the one hand, the fit isn't too loose and gappy, and on the other hand they aren't overly too tight. Just a perfect fit and I love the feel against my legs and I have worn them comfortably for as long as 18 hours straight with-out any ill effects, just great comfort. Wearing high heeled pumps under a skirt or dress also makes my legs, knees, and calves look very feminine and I have had many compliments on them through the years also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I have nine pairs of boots, five zipped, three pull-on, and one pair laced. Although I tend to prefer zipped boots for the fit and because I like the look, I often find that my calves are slightly too large and they're very tight. My two pairs of long pull-on boots (black leather thigh, black suede OTK) are slightly more generous and therefore more comfortable.

My lace-up boots give me the best of both worlds, a lovely snug fit without being too tight. It takes a while to get into them though, as they're knee length and have 21 pairs of D-rings!

Chris

All hail the lace-up zippered boots that give you the best of both worlds!

I have tried on 3 pairs of my wifes boots with zips, and 1 with elasticated sides, and like all 3. Her latest pair is the most comfortable for me though, and zip up too. I have to mention a time a friend of my wife ordered some knee length boots from my wifes catalogue but she couldn't do up the zip as her calves were too big. My wife also tried them but had the same problem, then when her friend had gone she said "here you try them as they're a size 8 and see if you can zip them up" I did try them, they did zip up and my wife was not best pleased as I had smaller calves than she did :) Maybe thats why she doesn't want me getting boots, jealousy lol :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Shyguy:-) Maybe that is the reason for Mrs. Shyguy not allowing you boots of your own, but then again maybe it might be an all together different reason. Who knows? At least you had the opportunity to try and enjoy trying on her boots for a short time. Nothing can beat the looks, fit, and feel of a good pair of zippered boots. Cheers--- Dawn HH