New Shoes I'm Interested In!

JeffB

Thanks, DawnHH - I appreciate your sharing. I, too, put heel "quieters" on my heels, a fairly hard, but resilient polyurethane rubber - same stuff skateboard and inline skate wheels are made of. About 1/8 of an inch, with a peel-and-stick adhesive 3M must have made. Not only does it lower the decibels by more than 18 (from very loud to very quiet), but the resiliency transforms a good deal of shock, as well, spreading it out from a peak microsecond or two bang to a many-microsecond dull thud. Saves a lot of wear and tear on the joints!

Well, folks, I wore the eelskin pumps at the office today and, as usual, I got nothing but praise from co-workers, my supervisor said the shoes were flat out sexy and demanded to know where I bought them, so I gave her the url for Designer Shoes. I suspect they're gonna have a new customer! Co-workers were amazed when I told them the shoes were eelskin and everyone said they looked sharp and that I looked sharp in them. As for my own review, the pumps fit perfectly and were a dream to walk in. The color (dark brown) matched well with a brown shirt, matching dress pants and suntan pantyhose. I looked great and, more importantly, FELT great! This is what wearing high heels is all about! Oh, I also took a pic of yours truly in my new pumps, as soon as I can manage it, I'll put the pic up. On a side note, I've never given a second's thought to putting any sort of "quieter" on any of my heels. Part of the fun of wearing them is hearing the sharp click-clack on tile, concrete or wooden flooring. Plain and simple, I love that sound! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB:-) As I suspected, you came through at the office in top form while wearing your new eelskin, (I still think this is a very unusual material for shoes), pumps. Congrats again. I kind of think you have your Supervisor in your back pocket after supplying her with the URL so she might get a pair for herself. Competition, EH!!! Just curious---most jobs have a performance review once a year. Does your office staff have to stand that each year? If so, and I'm not prying, has the fact that you wear women's high heels to work each day been brought up during your reviews and what was done or said about it? Like I said---just curious. Genebujold:-) The jury is still out with my choice of whether to try to quiet my heel noise by installing rubber heel tips or to wear the noisy factory heel tips that my shoes and boots come new with. Especially the boots. Could you give me all of the details on the what, where, when and how of using your "Heel Silencers"? WHAT are they called.? WHERE do you get them? WHEN and on which shoes or boots do you use them on or do you use them on all of them? HOW are they attached, do they stay on, and do they make any difference in how or where you walk in them? My poor joints like anything that will make them feel better and allow their owner to enjoy many more years of daily high heel comfort. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-) Just curious---most jobs have a performance review once a year. Does your office staff have to stand that each year? If so, and I'm not prying, has the fact that you wear women's high heels to work each day been brought up during your reviews and what was done or said about it? Like I said---just curious.

Well, to answer your question, the shoes I wear has never been mentioned during my reviews. I've been evaluated solely on the quality of my work and nothing else. Admittedly, I've found that pleasantly surprising. The fact that I'm a valued co-worker has helped greatly in my evaluations. The clothing issue has never been raised, which I find to be a good thing indeed.

It's good that they don't take your fashion choices into account when you're getting reviewed, as it really doesn't factor into how well you do. I found out after leaving AT&T that the supervisors would wait til I walked past, and then leer after me staring. And here I thought they didn't care or just didn't notice. Guess they didn't say anything out of fear of some discrimination suit. :-/

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

JeffB:-) Either your company doesn't have a dress code or if they do you haven't been in violation of any code they might have. And as you have said, your performance evaluation was based on how well you do your job, not on what you wear to work as it should be. Usually your supervisor evaluates you and the results are then passed on to the higher-ups, and since you are a valued employee and do your job well and your heels aren't slowing down your accomplishing your assigned duties, then that could be why wearing heels hasn't become a factor in your evaluations. Besides that, your supervisor seems to be on your side with an open mind. Anyway, I'm probably one of many who envy you your position of being able to dress this way at work as we certainly can't do it in our respective positions. More power to you for being able to advance the idea of men being able to wear high heels in public in everyday life. Congratulations. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

To tell you the truth, Dawn, I've never seen any sort of posted regulations about dress code at the complex, nor has anyone mentioned one to me, otherwise, I would've been told about it the first day I started wearing pumps. I think that might be because we don't interface directly with any sort of customer base in the course of our duties. So, with that in mind, people wear pretty much what they want, as long as it adheres to common taste and sensibility. Again, my supervisors care more about the quality of work I do rather that what I wear on my feet, and Lord knows I've long been out of the closet about the shoes I choose to wear! :D

JeffB:-) Go,Jeff,Go! It appears that you are in the right place at the right time. You are in a very unique situation and in a great spot to push the envelope a bit. You have a green signal and a clear track ahead. Enjoy! You have my highest stamp of approval. Cheers--- Dawn HH

To tell you the truth, Dawn, I've never seen any sort of posted regulations about dress code at the complex, nor has anyone mentioned one to me, otherwise, I would've been told about it the first day I started wearing pumps.

Speaking of dress codes, here's something to raise a chuckle:

Today, the supervisor for our entire complex sent an email to everyone saying how she was displeased with some of the clothes personnel wore at a meeting on Wednesday, saying how people strayed away from the command dress code by wearing casual clothes, including t-shirts, shorts, flip-flops and whatnot on a non-casual Friday and that the dress code should be strictly adhered to.

The thing was, there was no mention, either publically, or privately about a certain gentleman who routinely wears women's shoes. I guess the supervisor couldn't slam me since I always wear nice shoes, unlike all those dress code malefactors!

:rofl:

JeffB wrote:

I guess the supervisor couldn't slam me since I always wear nice shoes, unlike all those dress code malefactors!

Or, they're really worried about a sexual discrimination complaint.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Or, they're really worried about a sexual discrimination complaint.

I'm not so sure they'd be in much trouble if they singled Jeff out for his fashion choices. I recall a few of my male coworkers a while back had long hair. After the company we were working for lost the contract, the new company that took over explicitly stated to those men that they had to cut their hair or could not report back to work.

Most decided to leave, but one pursued the matter legally and he got nowhere.

Still, if Jeff has found a place which is accepting of his choices, then right on! In the immortal words of Bob Dylan... "times they are a' changin'..."

Bleh company dress codes suck. The worst I've come across was when I was a contractor. One of the agencies I went through stipulated that male employees had to wear a vest under their shirts! I've not worn one of those as underwear since I was about seven. They were also trying to get me to shave off my goatee, but I wasn't for moving on that one. I can understand that there are occasions when you need to present a professional image, which is one reason I've been careful to not get a tattoo anywhere I can't easily hide it, but sometimes they go too far. Chris ps. JeffB: I envy you your freedom of footwear at work. I don't get that much leeway at home!

JeffB has said that here that he is employed by a "government" entity. Wheather at the local, state or federal level, I don't know. However, government agencies, not involved in security things, are quick to "hold" to politically correct postures and will usually avoid controversy at all costs. In addition, Jeff has also told us he's an African American. Now, how would it seem to the outside world if a government agency chose to discriminate against an impeccablly dressed (gay (?)) African American man for wearing high heels to work? I had a lawyer friend of mine tell me once that the perfect client in a discrimination lawsuit was a cripple African American lesban with a hispanic sir name. Two out of 4 isn't a bad start and I don't know what Jeff's sir name is. Could it be hispanic? :D )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, I don't know if Jeff is gay or not, but if he's not, the fact that he's African American isn't going to help him by itself in this situation. The bummer is what he's doing will be seen as crossdressing (however mildly so) if it ever gets to court and most societies still find that too taboo. Hence, I say he's very lucky he found a place so accomodating. Way to go Jeff!

Wickedheelz:-) Welcome to the HH PLace Forums and I'm glad you found us. You can make many friends here. Bubba136:-) You've got an excellent point there. JeffB is in a unique situation and the Goverment wouldn't want to make any waves there. Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB has said that here that he is employed by a "government" entity. Wheather at the local, state or federal level, I don't know. However, government agencies, not involved in security things, are quick to "hold" to politically correct postures and will usually avoid controversy at all costs. In addition, Jeff has also told us he's an African American. Now, how would it seem to the outside world if a government agency chose to discriminate against an impeccablly dressed (gay (?)) African American man for wearing high heels to work?

I had a lawyer friend of mine tell me once that the perfect client in a discrimination lawsuit was a cripple African American lesban with a hispanic sir name. Two out of 4 isn't a bad start and I don't know what Jeff's sir name is. Could it be hispanic? :D )

Good points indeed, Bubba! While I'm employed by the Federal government, we don't deal in security or stuff like that, we just process resumes for applicants wishing to get federal jobs, not earth shaking or important.

I don't think the color of my skin or sexual preference (for the record, I'm straight) has hindered my superiors from any sort of discrimination against me. If they found the shoes I wear distateful, I would have been told about that in no uncertain terms long ago.

Oh, and my surname isn't Hispanic! :rofl: