Positive comments about platforms!

I've had some seriously fun times in my platform boots lately! Most of my co-workers in what would be termed a pretty businesslike atmosphere (call center) do like my boots and have complimented my taste and ability to walk well in them. Some of my female co-workers can't fathom how I walk in them, and I just tell them it takes practice. I don't know why platforms get such a bad rap, but I've had nothing but good luck wearing them! There's no stopping me now!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Positive, good on you for wearing them and obviously you like them. Negative sorry, I just don't like them especially once the platform gets above ¼ inch. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

At least they are some supporters for plats. However I personally don't really prefer them cause I don't really need the height but for the feel of the heels.They is no need for me to wear any shoe with more than 1/2 inch platforms eventhough it will help especially when walking through puddle of water :smile:

Hi Shock Queen, I'm glad to have some support here, all previous comments on my positive attitude to platforms were always shot down in flames. As you know I'm not stuck into any specific heel type but platform shoes add to my variety and I also enjoy them a lot.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

hey SQ i like platforms too :smile: i have 2 pairs of boots, both being plats..i really like the way they look and feel...i also think they are easier for a guy to pull off fashion wise without being noticed as much...not like huge 3inch plats...but a nice 1.5inch or so plat with a 4inch heel looks really nice

I agree there. My favorites are my white-patent thigh-high boots with a 5" chunky heel and 1.5" riser in the front, or my black 5.5" heel w/ 1.5" in the front. I'm wearing the white ones today to work since some of my friends who work there have seen them already and think they look quite nice.

Hallelujah, some one else who digs platforms! SQ, I agree, platforms rule. I usually wear pretty basic 1 inch platform oxfords or monk strap shoes with a 2 or 3 inch heel. That's enough for casual wear. For social stuff, I'll go up to a 5 inch heel, and 2-3 inch platforms. Keep the faith!

Platforms are not suffering froma bad rap here, it is just that some of us do not prefer to wear them., and we seem to bring that up every chance we get. If you enjoy them, wonderful, fantasic, power to the people. Some of us would prefer not to wear them. All that means is more pairs for you, as there is less competition for buying them. Wow, I am being diplomatic tonight.

...and we seem to bring that up every chance we get...

Yes, certain people seem to do that, but I'm not meaning you there Laurie :wink:I prefer to concentrate on what I do like rather than what I don't like. I think a small platform can really improve the styling of some shoes by affording the opportunity to steepen the sole at the instep, bring the sole closer to the heel and of course add 1/2" to the heel.

The illusion of the other tricks makes the heel seem even more than an 1" higher. Thus a smooth walk in 3 1/2" lift for what looks like 5" heels is a cool move much used by teenage girls all over the world. That can't be a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing at all, really! And...I just picked up the black patent pair to go with my white patent pair, so now I have another choice! Wheeeeee! Picked up a nice black velvet cape too for those somewhat chilly nights with a nice large hood as well. Goes well with the boots!

Fox, that's all well and good for teenage girls, but I am tired of illusions. So it's extreme or nothing for me. It's what fires my neurons. Platforms don't do that for me. It is as simple as that. If I wore platforms I would feel like I was cheating. But that's just me because I am doing such a great job with five inch stilettos. This in no way implies anyone else is cheating. It only means I would feel I was cheating myself.

It's cool that you are challenging yourself in what you perceive to be the 'honest challenge' and there is absolutely no fault there. Heck, someday maybe I'll be able to pull off the 5" heel honestly as well - that would be cool!

Do you mean to say I don't fit that mold, Terayon? LOL....then again, I don't really fit any mold to begin with. I do like capes since they're nice & soft and keep the wind out. Plus the dramatic flair adds to the effect.

I should get a cape. I don't think my self perceived super heroine persona would wear one, but a retro super girl style might be nice for a costume party... Who am I kidding, PVC heroine in heels, that's the only way to go in this crazy 21st Century world...

Yes they are, Fox, until someone starts making accusations. :smile: Then you prove that person wrong and he runs away and sulks in his tent, never to return. I like to be a mystery. Maybe having super powers and much in the way of PVC would help in this.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree! I've found that between stils and plats, that for me plats offer a greater degree of stability, so I can wear them longer. I still switch off once in a while, and I'm working on getting good in my 5" ankle-strap pumps so I can wear those more as well.

I like wearing platform shoes as well. But only sandals, and only when the platform is not too big. I think 2 cm is enough. I especially like the clear lucide platforms. I have mules and sandals like that, and they are lovely i think for in summer to walk at the seaside or to have a drink in town in the afternoon after shopping. I also have one pair of black platform strappy sandals which i think look very sexy. the platform is only 2cm big, and the heel is 16cm. So it's very sexy. And since i'm a petite girl i can use the height :smile: And i also have one pair of platforms i almost never wear, and only use maybe for some dress up parties. it's 20cm heels with a 6,5cm platform, the shoes are shiny silver straps and a metal spike heel.

• 2 weeks later...

I like 1/2" to 1" platforms for walking over gravelly pavement (keeps my feet from suffering from the Princess and the Pea Syndrome--stone bruises and whatnot), and when I drive--very little pressure from the ball of foot equates to quite a bit of pressure on the gas peddle, which saves my knee from pain on long drives. And they DO look a bit more masculine, sort of an 80's retro look. _________________ Hi-Heels and Back-Zipper Pants Forever... <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-05-22 10:12 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 3 weeks later...