New idea for Word (dis)association threads

Try finding a word that you can use on both the Word Association and Word Disassociation threads. Mine was "transaxel." The previous words were as follows: Word Association: cars Word Disassociation: English Shouldn't be too hard... Perhaps we should come up with a Word Co-association thread, instead, so that you had to find a word that would fit on both threads (if you wanted to play it that way).

The problem is that after the first one, they are both going to be the same so you will either have two word disassociation threads or two word association threads.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think I've spotted a fatal flaw. Surely this would only work on one occasion? It's easy enough to find the first word that associates with one thread and disassociates with the other, but then the two threads will converge and have the same word - what does the next poster do? They would have to come up with a single word that has associations AND has disassociations for the same starting point! Emma

My idea would be to insist that the word in the disassociation game would be from a different word group. For example if the previous word is a noun, the next has to be an adjective, a verb, an adverb, an onamatapoiea, etc.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

onamatapoiea what a great word. I haven't seen or heard it used in ages !!! dunno about the whole disassociation thing though, sounds like too much thought would be needed :sleeping:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly