How strict should we be on splitting female/male fashion top

Firefox

This is democracy in action. What do you feel about the subject? We do have different forums, and we have said originally, that people should not mix subjects too much. We know some people like to keep these subjects completely separate, but what do the majority feel? I'm easy either way on this one but I know some have strong feelings about it. I've even told some people before to try to keep their posts separate, but I'm not so sure most people care too much. However, that's my conjecture... what do YOU think ? We wont be changing the forum structure, but this is more about who puts what where, and how much you care.

Yeah I think having seperate girls/guys forums works out well. Some times the gals drop in on our forum and visa versa. I think that's OK too. I think that much of the posting of redundant subjects is done by novices. I don't personally find this disruptive. Charlie Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I have no problems with they way it is set up right now. However I would like to have more of an idea why some people disagree with it. Maybe we need more guide lines under some topics in where there is more of a defined parameter to that discussion. But I don't think there is much more that can be done about that?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Uhmmmm... That's why I said I like it the way it is. But I still would just like to hear what some my have aginst it. ____________ Hello, my name is Hoverfly. I am a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!!! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-04-02 07:34 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

yA... i think the each respective forums sections are the best to divide the topics. I'm sure I we won't wanna c a guys stuff in the girls section and vice-versa. Even the guys section are growing really well and if they mixed with the girls section...i think it wiLl overflooded...:smile: I like the stand now...so Keep it Up ! :smile:

I try to avoid posting in the girl section but sometimes put in a reply or comment. On the other hand I see some popular threads being started as "what have you worn today" in one section that rapidly gets invaded by all. Maybe such threads should be mirrored in the other section to respect the "privacy" and ideology of some participants. I'm happy we all have reading access but also understand some conversations are preferably done in a more restricted circle.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

while we all post in most sections, as long as the post is relevant to the topic in the opposite genders section, then why not? If anyone has any cause to see a message or thread moved because of the 'line blur', just shout and we'll take care of it :smile:

But of course we're really happy to see some guys posting in the Gals section. At least we sometimes can be more balance in both sections if it is relevant to the topic. Sometimes we gals can also get more info from you guys. So highluc, just be yourself and feel comfortable in our forum and posT more! :smile:

Thanks for the pointer Melissa, but I would like to get some opinions from the other girls as well. Most replies here so far came from the guys.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I think this just works fine. In the girls' section things are often things discussed that are not too interesting for me so I can use that as a filter to save time. So for me there is no need for change, at least not in this respect. Bert

What's all the fuss about?

I'm not thinking about having different forums, just seeing what the reaction was to guys posting in such threads as "Todays outfit". On previous boards some people got a bit touchy about this, but it seems our present readership is more broadminded.

With my absense of the past four months I feel a bit like an out-sider even after three years of participation. After some of the experiences I've had on the forum the "only" reason I considered trying again was because of the refuge or preserve of the "GALS" section. Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying, the guys are very welcome to respond to anything I were to offer in the "GALS" section. If that wasn't possible there wouldn't be any discussion and I've enjoyed some incredibly nice discussions with the guys. The alienatiing comes about most commonly due to gender driven interpretaion. In the over three years I'm not aware of one guy who has remotely understood the mind-set I've portrayed and I've never wavered from that mind-set. I'm speaking of why and how I came to the decisions, dedication, and life style I hold so dear. As soon as the guys start "comparing" themselves and "telling" me who I am, than I or any other women is nothing more than a target, at least that's the way it comes across. Honestly now, on a post of the sort "What's the style of the day" in the GALS section why is it necessary for a group of guys to describe themselves. True, it doesn't hurt anything but where is the basic respect for others. It all comes down to a little common desency. If the author of the topic wanted everyones input to that question it's safe to assume it would have been put on the "EVERYONE" board. If I'm being unreasonable here, someone please tell me. :smile: From what I've read of the other posts on this topic I don't believe what I've said is all that different. The GALS section should be just that, the GALS section with an open door and welcome for the guys to join in, without targeting. What is intended and what is perceived is all too often different things. Susan

I think the consensus is that although we have different forums most are are cool about anyone replying/posting in any thread in any forum. I'm sure by merely posting in thread about what outfit you were wearing, there is no "disrespect" or "targetting" intended. We are all having a good time sharing ideas, and if there is any deliberate abuse or baiting of people then I'm sure that will be intended to, but my personal opinion is that cross posting as described doesn't fall into that category :smile:

That's fine Firefox and on the surface I agree with you. May I refer you to my post of 2-2-02 titled "Policy change" and your response. This now is a complete contradition of explannations of your own policies. In addition to basic respect there is a principal to be considered. Either the guide lines are worthy of following or they aren't. If not, the guide lines on offense and abuse will become skewed as well. I'm an expert at seeing it coming. You asked for some thoughts on the subject and Highluc wanted to see more ideas from the girls. I filled the requests. :smile: Susan

Any forum, whether split or not, is going to come under some criticism. If it didn't, then it would have no life. In time, every board, no matter how well managed, is going to fall foul to unwanted postings. These will be the opinions of people and if we were to enforce strict guidelines and adhered to them, we would soon be in a complete mess. Regulation is better in this case. We don't want to be seen as a type of Gestapo arrangement where if you post and it's outside the guidelines by a millimetre, it gets removed. That's akin to having someone, who disagrees with you, shot. I don't want this to start into a long and protracted argument, but if we enforce black and white, then the grey area that is life would not exist. Most of the postings are of life and, as such, are subject to contradictions. We must bend slightly to accomodate everyone's opinions or we shouldn't be here. Simple cruel fact, but it exists. I would go in further on the subject, but then I would be contradicting my 'long and protracted argument' point. While I am a multi-faceted person, I make points of view from many perspectives. In this way I try to remain unbiased. Although someone will probably disagree with that.

That was then Susan, this is now. My original thoughts were to keep things more separated in order to keep everyone happy, but is seems many people have ignored the guidelines and very few seem to mind. Hence the purpose of this thread was to see if the rules should be rewritten in order to reflect the consensus of the majority. We'll still have separate forums, to help order the topics better, but everyone will be free to post anywhere.

The main goal is to crate an active environment for the discussion of high heels. If we bleed through the categories, that's fine. If it is an extreme difference between topic and forum, then the topic can be moved. We cannot sacrifice the sense of community and well being because someone posted an everyone topic in the Girl's section. And we never know what the person posting the topic is thinking at the outset. Let things go, and fix them only as needed. Leave the rules as guildelines, and enforce them if need be.