How long do you wear your trousers?

Firefox

Just standard length for me, so they don't cover the heel. I see so many people walking around with obviously great heels if it wasn't for the fact the trousers they were wearing covered them almost completely. Personally, I can't see the point of hiding the heel, but it can be a make or break of a coordinated look.

I usually wear longer flared pants with my heels. Besides liking the style since my hippie times I prefer to conceal my heels in order not to shock people. I am over 50 now and like to wear heels even women my age wouldn't consider appropriate anymore (high platforms etc). I have pants in different lengths according to the heel heights I wear and aim to have the bottom about 1 inch of the floor when standing.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

I am quite conscious of girly fashions. Regrettably there are no male heel fashions yet... so I try to follow the female ones. Right now that is for trousers cut long so that only a pointy toe and half an inch of heel can be seen. This is a challenge for a 6 foot bloke in 4" heels and involves extra long trousers.

Ah, sounds familiar.. I also had to start wearing the 36" length jeans instead of my normal 34". To bad some styles are hard to come by in the longer lengths.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

I tend to wear my trousers long over the heel i'm afraid! Not because i'm particularly shy about wearing heels, I just like them like that. My favourite trousers are from Long Tall Sally (36" on the inseam)

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

actually i never think of how much of the heel is exposed when i buy pants some are shorter some are longer and i even discoverd that i like the shorter ones so that the heel is visible. but again , i don't wear stilettos/pumps and i kinda stick to boots (3-4 inch) if there is one major thing that i learned from this board (i.e the former one) is to go with what you think looks good on you without any attention to what people might think . I SAY : LET THE HEEL SHOW !!!!

I used to wear womens boot cut jeans, but very quickly stopped wearing these as the looked some what girly, and also, its just the heeled shoes/boots that i love, and didnt want to get into other female attire, and found that the cut of mens jeans and trousers goes better with the look of heels on a guy (just my own opinion) <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richie on 2002-01-19 20:54 ]</font>

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Well, I like my pants long and flared at the bottom. I can't subscribe to theory that this look is "girly" as these are the only styles of pants I wore as a teenager in the 70's. I refuse to let "bellbottoms" slip away to "women's only"!!!! Heck, my father and his shipmates all had them as standard issue uniforms during the 2nd world war! My heels are usually completely covered. I prefer this look. This was the look I fell in love with in the 70's. On some days I wear pant lengths that let about 1 to 3 inches of heel show, but I definitely prefer the first style mentioned. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

long trousers, usually about two inches off the ground, with a slight flare. i do this partially for concealment and partially because i think the line from the waist to the ground flows better. i wear a lot of thin heels and a long spike or blade sticking out from under the pant leg doesn't look right to me on a man. but when sitting down... this creates a whole different effect. the heel and most of the shoe is clearly visible. i enjoy the feeling that i get from this, but i don't think it looks very good.

I'm wearing long throuser, but while walking the show still up to 2" of the heel. While sitting they show up the full heel. Ok with my 5" wedge heels they may also cover a little of the heel while sitting B) best wishes Joak :smile:

I used to wear them so the whole heel showed for a long time. but just recently I have been getting into the look where about 1" at the top is covered. Mostly the sloping bit of the heel and a little below so that the apex of the corner at the sole instep and the heel junction is just blunted by the horizontal line of the trouser bottom. I've found that adds a little mystique as to how high the heel is. You can see 3/4 of it, but the hiddden top actually makes the heel look higher, because you are hiding it just before the final sloping junction starts. This is the way I find most women are wearing their trouser length too.

Just yesterday I visited a JBC store in Belgium on my way home. I was asking the sales girl for wider jeans. She replied that only the women styles had wide styles. I mentioned that I would have to try those. That didn't seem strange to her, she said that I would have problems with the lenght since womens style only go to 32" She continued that even many women complain about this, but still nothing has been improved. I tried a few male styles but found them to be too narrow to cover a shoe nicely. I have been wearing normal jeans on 3-5" boots so far. This means that standing the heels can be seen almost completely. When I sit however the boots are exposed untill the ankle. I am still waiting for more feedback from the audience, I think people notice, but tend to be polite and not comment in any way.

Well, the length is depending what I´m wearing. My ordinary cowboy boots with 3" heel I wear with normal length of jeans, 32", because I like to show the shape of the boot. If I wear higher heels, 4-5", I like to cover the heel completely or leaving 1" or so for mystify what I´m wearing, jeans length 36". If the heel is visible when I sit down or shows while walking doesnt matter. I think almost everyone who looks on the boots will recognize them as non male boots anyhow.

Well, I'd like to wear some trousers that would hide the heel a bit, but I'm struggling to find a style that will work. I bought some 33" jeans, which should do it, but the leg holes are too small, so I just look like I've crumpled at the ankles B) .

I know I should shop for jeans with my heels on, but if I was brave enough for that, I wouldn't need the longer trousers :smile: .

What's a chap to do?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 3 weeks later...

Actually "crumpled" jeans...or "stacked" as they are more correctly termed...are the preferred way to wear jeans with cowboy boots in the American West. There's nothing worse than having "high water" jeans with boots, where part of the boot shaft is exposed. The tradition of stacking jeans is so that the boot shaft remains covered when you're riding your horse...not that many of us do that on a daily basis, but it's important to look like we do! I always buy my jeans 4" longer than my dress pants so that they stack just right on top of my boots...with the whole heel exposed.

Yikes! I'm not sure I'd go for the crumpled look, but there you are.

I think I saw some boot-cut men's jeans somewhere the other day, but I can't remember where.

Don't suppose anyone might know somewhere that might stock them?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I know Levi's sells bootcut mens jeans in europe, it's the 507. I think the 516 is also a bootcut style.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Well, i do wear normal jeans as i always do. They tend to show some bit of the heel, i do not hode my boots. I get some nice comments

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

I spent ages looking for something slightly wider at the hem. I probably made things more difficult for myself by wanting black, but I finally found what I wanted in good ole Marks & Suspenders. They're a stretch denim and go well with boots or loafers. A warning, the waist is generous in size - you might need a size smaller than usual.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

• 1 year later...

Another thread I dug up from the past. I normally wear jeans with an inseam of 31" when not wearing heels. When I am wearing my 5" and 6" heels, I prefer jeans with an inseam of 34". When wearing heels, I like to wear the jeans in this manner; 1) low on the hips, and, 2) covering halfway down the arch of my heels.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

predominantly girl's hip-hugger jeans (and some dressy twill pants as well) with 37" inseams purchased from www.alloy.com with heels, the same with 35" inseams with running shoes/lo-heels.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Well, at 6-2, I wear a 34 inch inseam to properly accomodate the heels I wear on a daily basis. The balance is perfect, not too short (which looks awkward), and not too long (which leads to frayed cuffs). I have no problem with letting my heels show as everyone at the office knows what I wear and has no problem with my choice of footwear.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, unlike the rest of you, I prefer to have a VARIABLE rather than a set leg-length. If I am having a bold/extrovert day, I will hitch my trousers further up my waist to reveal my entire heel-height (highest are 5.5") to the big wide world. However, if I'm in a more meek/private mood, I'll ease my trousers further down on my waist to cover all but a inch or so of my heels. Even if I'm in the former mood, the latter technique has often stood me in good stead if I'm walking towards Trouble (groups of thugs or small children, bless them! or giggling schoolgirls). Another method of excercising this VARIABLE technique can only be applied when wearing jeans. Unlike trousers, it seems fashionably acceptable to turn-up the bottoms to any great or lesser extent. Therefore, instead of having to alter the belt-height at my waist (as above), with jeans I simply adjust the amount of turn-up to suit the heels and the occasion! Simple! Huh? Cheers, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

I think I also go for the 'adjustable' leg scenario, although i don't adjust as I go. It's handy that you can turn jeans up, as it means that I can leave my house in trainers and jeans, yet arrive somewhere else in heels and jeans without turnups! Works for me!