Incognito Heels

genebujold

Guys Only! - Where do you fall with respect to the heels you wear most often in public?  

478 members have voted

1. 1. Guys Only! - Where do you fall with respect to the heels you wear most often in public?

• Definately subdued - As a guy, I don't like to advertise the fact I'm wearing heels.
    • Moderate - I'm a guy, but it doesn't bother me one way or another if people know I'm wearing heels.
    • Shout it out loud! Even though I'm a guy, I want everyone around me to know that I'm wearing heels!

Some of us like to flaunt our heelwear as guys. Others of us take a more subtle approach.

Here's a decent heel guys can wear without attracting a lot of attention (if any), especially if you were to take an indelible black marker to the white stitching to subdue it even further:

Posted Image

Anyone else have discreet heel pics?

Hmmm! Even though I voted "subdued" to reflect what I usually wear in the summer with shorts, I usually wear more adventurous styles with long trousers and jeans. In the winter, boots with heels between 3" and 4½" heels. Sports. loafer styles with heels between 3" and 4" all seasons. Never wear stilettos in public.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm actually in the moderate category. I like to wear thigh boots outside my pant legs and, by the way, some of them have heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hey - this is a pretty good turnout on the votes so far - enough to qualify as "statistically significant," provided I widen the range a bit. How about some more opinions? Come on, lurkers - here's your chance to tell us how you feel about this. Don't worry - we don't bite! What're you thinking out there...?

I'm thinking that given the fact that when I do wear heels outside, I tend to wear full drag (sans makeup) in any case, inlcuding knee-length skirts; so my attire strongly suggests that the extreme option is the correct one for me.

the truth shall make you fret

Okay, I'll add my vote for "moderate" - when I wear heels they are visible under my jeans - but nobody notices, or if they do they don't comment. Today I'm wearing some wedge sandals with a 3 inch heel on a one inch platform and they are definitely visible ... Posted Image

Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Aly, Nice shoes, while they are not high heels they are one of my favorite styles. Being short, any kind of additional height is welcome. I have a pair of Steve Madden's with a 4" platform that are quite similar to those. Wear them well. WSL

Nothing beats a great pair of pumps!

I voted subdued as there wasn't a category for very subdued. The only heels I wear outside regularly would pass easily as mens shoes but even then I wear longer jeans. I would like to go higher but have to wait for mrs shyguys say so. I'm eyeing up some winter boots and cajoling mrs S along at the moment to let me try them with long jeans.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I voted definitely subdued. When I do daytime street heeling, my heels are always tastefully complimented with a pair of boot cut pants or jeans with only .5"-1" visible at stand still. The shoes invariably compliment my entire outfit enhancing my whole fashion image with congruency and good taste. If I wear more daring pointy toed stilletos, the outfit becomes more "trendy" and "cutting edge" so as not to make my shoes stand out and is limited to nightime extravaganza's in Manhattan.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Well, I'm a moderate kinda guy. I wear what I wear and never worry, or care about what others think about me. But when I'm in a "shout it out" mood, I'll break out my red pumps! I even have a pair of red patent pumps that I might take for a test drive soon! Just to see what sort of reactions I get! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB:-) Be sure to let us all know any looks and comments that you get when you test-drive your red patent pumps. It could be an interesting event, especially when test-driven at work. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'll be sure to do so, Dawn! After some three years of wearing heels in public at the place where I work, everyone's used to what I wear, so I doubt I can shock my co-workers, but red patent might just do the trick! :rofl:

I voted moderate. I won;t wear pumps to the office but I've been wearing some black loafers with about 1 1 1/2" block heel. I just bought a pair of Naturalizer pumps with about a 2" heel, old lady style heels for an old guy. :D

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I even have a pair of red patent pumps that I might take for a test drive soon! Just to see what sort of reactions I get!

:D

Well, on Thursday, I went ahead and wore my red patent pumps at work which I paired with a red shirt, black dress pants and suntan colored pantyhose. I bought the shoes at Payless little over a year ago, they have a box toe, a 3 plus inch blade heel and a zipper-like ornament on the side.

Even though everyone at the office is long used to my strutting around in women's shoes, I turned plenty of heads in my red patent "zipper pumps". My supervisor, a sassy lady who fancies herself an urban fashion plate couldn't compliment me enough, saying my shoes were sharp. Many other female co-workers loved the pumps. One said, and I quote: "Just when I thought you couldn't dazzle us anymore, you went and raised the bar again!"

The only downside is that it never occured to me to bring my camera so I could provide a pic of me in the office in my outfit. But I still had a great day in my zipper pumps. The next time I wear this outfit, I'll have pics taken! :)

There's nothing "subdued" about red patent pumps. They literally scream "hey world, look at me.!" Any man wearing them in public has to have a lot of self-confidence, not to mention a huge set of balls. Well done, Jeff....Can't wait to see the pictures.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

JeffB:-) Boy!!! You sure have got those ladies you work with eating out of your hand, Supervisor included. I sure would like to be a mouse in the corner to see the remarks on your evaluations since you began wearing your heels openly at work. UM-UM!!! Oh, as to having a pair of cahunas---CLANK! CLANK! :D:) Cheers--- Dawn HH

There's nothing "subdued" about red patent pumps. They literally scream "hey world, look at me.!" Any man wearing them in public has to have a lot of self-confidence, not to mention a huge set of balls.

Well, it's true that red patent pumps on the feet of a man do indeed attract lots of attention, and yeah, I've gotten more than my fair share of stares, glances and double takes. To tell you the thruth, it's more a case of apathy regarding the public than any amount of confidence I have about wearing such shoes out and about. It's what I choose to do, what I love to do and I don't give a fresh damn what the rest of the world thinks.

As for my evaluations, they were pretty good before I started wearing heels, but I'm guessing they might be just a little better these days! :rofl:

An addendum: This whole thing wasn't an overnight process, believe me. It took quite some time to develop the confidence I knew I had to have to wear heels in public. In the early months, there were lots of nerves and false starts until I got the ball rolling. These days, I'm more self-conscious about making sure I look properly fashionable when I'm out and about than I do about the reactions I get from the public. Being incognito about my heeling doesn't suit me, I refuse to hide what I do, so I HAVE to make sure I look my best at all times.

Ok, away from the red patent pumps (good on you, Jeff, but off-topic) and back to the topic of this thread - what pictures do you have of "Incognito Heels?" In otherwords, heels that you, or any other guy, might reasonably get away with wearing to work or out in public without getting noticed? Consider: More than 5 times as many people read posts on this board than respond to them. Consider: Although we have well over a thousand members, less than 30 of them post with any regularlity. Conclusion: I believe many men would love to wear heels in public if they could only find a heel that fits into their circumstances, which usually involves a heel that's not easily reconizable as a heel, or, for that matter, a woman's shoe at all. In light of this, please post pics of your Incognito Heels. Thank you!

Wel, I went shopping at a local wal-mart yesterday.. needed to get a battery powered radio.. something I'd forgotten while getting hurricain supplies. Wore my 3" wedge sneakers from payless and some longer jeans that cover the whole heel when standing, but tend to show 1-2" when walking. The store was a madhouse.. I did find a radio, $29/with CD/etc *score* While wandering around looking for a couple other small items I had a few people that would look, but were unsure what they were seeing. Although while in line the lady behind me dropped a 12 pack of soda, can's were rolling everywhere so I helped load them up. No-one said anything at that point either *shrug* I wore them at my house for a while, but removed them before my parents showed up since my power came back on first. I picked up a pair of descrete boots from target a couple days ago. I tried one on in the store and thought they might just be snug due to my socks. Unfortunatly I only tried on the right one, when I got home the left side was too tight, even without socks. I didnt walk much but I did have red marks on my feet. Oh well. Have a good one Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

JeffB:-) Your thinking on the evaluations is similar to mine as I was thinking that they might be more positive after wearing heels than before, although I'm sure they were satisfactory also. I'm sure that you, as most of us do, want to always look your best and be as co-ordinated in your dress as can be. This is most important to me as it is to a lot of the other fellows posting here on the forum. I'll go along with Genebujold on the pics of heels as I am interested in being dressed properly heel-wise when I'm out street-heeling in public. Cheers--- Dawn HH