Winter boots

chris100575

It's usually late summer/early autumn, but it varies a bit from shop to shop. Why not pop in to a few of your favourite outlets (or telephone) and ask them? At this time of year, I know a lot of us guys are looking forward to the end of the frothy, strappy sandals and the onset of the boots etc. for some serious male street-heeling! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I'm thinking of ordering a pair from Duo of Bath. www.duoboots.com The heels are lower than I would like ordinarily, but being able to order calf size as well as foot size would be a good thing for me.

The alternative is to wait for the Winter lines and try Evans, but I only need about an inch more room and don't know how much bigger than standard theirs are.

Decisions, decisions...

Chris

I'm thinking of ordering a pair from Duo of Bath. www.duoboots.com The heels are lower than I would like ordinarily, but being able to order calf size as well as foot size would be a good thing for me.

Chris,

Thank you very much for the link. I was redirected to their direct link http://www.duoofbath.com/ . Do you think they can make a size 10 or 11UK, 15 inch circumference of the styles shown?

Robert

I'd email them and ask. They don't make the boots to order, they stock the different sizes. In my experience knee boots in my size (8uk) usually have a calf circumference of around 14", so you shouldn't have any problems with the calf but I don't know what foot size they go up to. Chris

I think I've been quite lucky recently, I managed to buy two pairs of boots in sales recently. A pair of 4" tan knee boots in Faith, very comfortable for walking in. A good find. The other pair were in the Dolcis sale, a pair of fawn slouch boots with a 2" kitten heel (can I discuss these here?). Not really high heel, but I've wanted a pair for a while and these were a perfect fit. But I didn't buy them, I thought about how many pairs of shoes I'd bought over the last three months and I had a vague feeling that they'd be reduced again. The next time I was there they were nowhere to be seen, and that started a hunt in all the Dolcis branches I could find, without success. What I couldn't understand was when I went back to the start point Dolcis in Croydon last Thursday there was a pair in my size. I didn't hesitate this time. I've probably got enough boots to wear until the winter sales. That'll be fun!

Here's a pair that would have been very nice - but only if they'd left out the platform!

Posted Image

By the way, since my original Franco Sartos bit the dust, I've been looking for replacements. Although I'm partial to boots, I'm more partial to Franco Sarto - I tried on a few Franco Sartos at the mall the other day, and all of them fit my feet as well as my boots. They seem to run true in size and form. They didn't have what I wanted in my size, so I ordered the following pair online a few minutes ago:

Posted Image

Normally I go with black, but I'm tired of wearing black pants, and I'm not as into wearing blue jeans as I once was, particularly when we go to nice restaurants. Besides, I've got several pair of medium to dark-colored khaki pants with brown in them, and thought this shoe would go well with the darker ones.

Hot dog, I'm batting a thousand, today!

Just found these on Nordstrom's website. Black suede, a heel that's in the middle of my comfort zone (instead of at the upper edge like my old Franco Sarto boots), and a round toe.

Perfect for winter!

Posted Image

:D After reading these forums, I have developed the Idea of getting a pair of knee 4 1/2" pointed boots. But also another pair that I can use more often.

Do any of you about any shop in Madrid?

I prefer a shop, because most of the times I am disapointed with the shoes I can not try.

In any case, for an UK 9 1/2" size for flat shoes what is recomended, order the same size, or larger?

Last question, could any tell me the Pay Less web page?

cheers

Here's a pair that would have been very nice - but only if they'd left out the platform!

Posted Image

Oh I don't know. I rather like those myself. They're a lot like the other pairs of boots I have, but mesh with the "style" (if you want to call it that) of what people wear up here in Mooooo-ntana. Just something a tad off the beaten path but not TOO terribly obnoxious, like me wearing my star-spangled platform sandals under jeans or something. :drinking:

I could just see the :D looks :) on 8) people 8) now!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

You can always try to get someone that lives in the USA to buy a pair for you and ship them to you.

Any volunteers? I think someone could make a little money on this.

I have seen a lot of nice footwear at f.eks Payless, but since they dont ship to Europe it`s difficult to get them.

I was going to show you my new Franco Sartos (on my feet, not the ones from Nordstrom's website), only to find the following:

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/

"Closed due to too many people using this upload center for other boards and other unrelated sites."

Any chance this board will find another?

And why did he close? I thought he'd set things up so that only this website's IP address could access the final picture?

Obviously not!

Gene There was a post on another forum in which the owner of the upload site says he intends to bring it back with a password/login screen so that he can see whos uploading the pics. Its a shame our little facility has been abused by members on this board

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

• 2 months later...