Chinese slippers

• 4 weeks later...

Everywhere I look I see women of all ages wearing these horrible looking chinese slipper type shoes with the mesh fronts. They are so ugly and have no redeeming features.

Anybody else agree?

You'll get no argument from me on that opinion. Still, I wish I had stock in the company that makes the damn things! Those people are probably raking in cash by the truckload!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

by "chinese sandals" I Immediately think of rubber sandals which are known here as "thongs" or "japanese safety boots (here in australia what you guys would call "thongs" are known here as a G-string.) later, TXT-1

The ones that Bubba posted up there are incorrect. The one womenshoelover is referring to are these:

Posted Image

They come in a variety of colors and sequinced designs. I don't like them because of what I associate them with which are the grandma's sweeping the porches with their utility kitchen aprons.

Just food for thought: You must of seen the really thin flip flops with the thin thong strap and bamboo/straw footbed right? Those are popular here in the States currently. The idea was imported from South American poor farm workers. I think they look cute on the girls, but I'm sure some South Americans probably don't think so because of their associations with them like how I have with the Chinese mesh slippers and grandmas.

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?

Hmmm! I might be incorrect. But, after 9 trips to china -- and flying into most of the major cities in that country -- I saw only the ones I posted....and never, ever, as in never ever, saw any chinese adult man or woman wearing shoes like the ones you posted. :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Very true Bubba. I've never seen anyone Chinese wear those mesh slipper either. I originally saw them growing up being worn by older ladies from Spain, Greece or somewhere along the Mediteraneans. If they weren't from there, maybe they were Mexican, Central or South Americans. Couldn't tell as a kid. I think people started calling them Chinese slippers because it looks similar to the Chinese bedroom slippers, except with a mesh.

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?