High Heeled Mules With Low Toe-Straps - a Knockout?

Heelfan

Well, here's one member (me) who thinks they're a knockout:

Make that at least 3 members Heelfan. In my opinion, mules with low cut straps are one of the sexiest styles of shoes.

There not the same with those high band straps. You can't beat that slap slap sound and that element of danger that they might be lost at any moment!

Cheers, Paul.

not to be the odd one out, but i dont like them that much. I can see what people see in them, unsecure, sexy, high, easy to slide off/on skill to walk in etc, but personally i prefer a more secured shoe with less chance of breaking my neck. :roll:. I think it would take someone with considerable practice to wear such footwear especially with a higher heel. However they do look great for the posing pictures, just dont think theyre very practical, and like many i like to see the higher heels 'in use' so to speak. Each to their own i suppose daz

I love to see women in sexy spiked heeled slides, especially the classic spiked heeled slides with about a 4 1/2" heel like the early 1980's style Candieswith leather strapps over the toes. that is such a sexy seductive look . especially Barefoot. I love to hear that sexy click- slapp , click - slapp , click - slapp ..

I enjoy mules in the summer and I have a red pair quite like those white ones with the narrow strap and a 51/2" heel. They are very pretty but awkward to walk in as they have a habit of going in a different direction from my feet. Whether it's a manufacturing fault or the way I walk i don't know, but I've overcome it by putting a strip of double-sided adhesive tape under the ball of the foot. It doesn't alter the 'fragile' look (or the sound, for those who are interested) but it does make them feel much more secure. Difficult to slip on and off though. Those wedges are wonderful, I should love to have some even though I usually go for stilettos. In Virginie's thread about wearing heels on the beach I suggested that wedges might be best, and those would be ideal I think. Anne Louise

I have had the same problem with low cut mules as well. They do intend to not follow the same direction of your foot regulary and I solved it the exact same way you did, but didn't use adhesive tape, but (tittietape) you know, the tape I use is to keep very low cut dresses on my breasts and prevent them from falling out of my dress :roll: It works well

• 3 weeks later...

I like the low cut-out. i bought myself some mules with a lot cut. They are remarkably comfortable. Much more so than I had expected. I bought these after I noticed them on a sales girl in a store. I complemented her on her shoes and asked if they had them in a size 11. She got them out and sked if I wanted to try them on. Of course, I didn't refuse ! They are great for around the house.

Posted Image

I'm with Daz on this one. Are they sexy? Sure!

But I like my heels to be a bit more secure than that, and am actually attracted to spaghetti-strap sandals on other women, particularly if they sport retro touches of style.

Here's a pair I find very attractive:

Posted Image

I've seen that style for sale on eBay. Search the high heels for sale section and I'm sure you'll come across a pair sooner or later. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Mules and t straps. My fav pair of heels right now is a set of t straps, they have a chunkier heel, but not a huge one, makes them perfect for work and also the only heels I can wear right now *ugh* Oh well, I'm whining again . Heh. Those are lovely looking t-straps, I want a pair! Jinxie

Like the mules especially the wedge style,they are very sexy,but i also prefer something a little more secure! I am now much more into the round toed style of shoe/boot as they give your toes that little bit of extra space.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!