Lies about heel height

Vanity

Something I have noticed is that many lie, or exaggerate the heel height. Some of my friend say that they don't use their 4" or 5" heels very often, and when you take a look at them they are 3" or perhaps lower. I think it's "cute", in some weird way, to pretend that they are higher then they are. When I shoe-shop together with some friend I encurage her to buy high heels, but they always end up in the closet. Comfort is the key-word. Sometimes I wonder if it's me that's weird. Anyone with the same experience? :roll:

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

it annoys me when some women at work talk about how uncomfortable their 'high' heeled shoee, and theyre usuall only about 3" at that. Quite silly when i with about an 10000th of their heel experience can easily wear 4.5-5" without a problem. I think some people need introducing to real high heels, but id say in general, young girls or women dont measure their heels anyway.

You said it Daz - you've only got 10,000th of the experience of us women and conversely 10,000th of the amount of heel wearing.

When you've got the same experience as us then you can proudly state that you can wear 4.5" - 5" without any problems. You're young and have a long way to go yet, especially as you predominantly wear them in your bedroom. :roll:

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

I often hear remarks such as, 'I love your shoes, I used to wear really high shoes like them but I don't any more.' Usually the reasons are such things as change of lifestyle, bringing up a family, advancing years and so on. What is interesting is their perceptions of heel height because when I have been shown some of their shoes they are nearly always much lower. In other words, people's ideas of 'high' vary quite a lot. One thing I've learned from this site and seeing the pictures of my kind of shoe is how high they actually look when being worn, it's something that the mirror can't truly represent. Of course it makes me feel even better about my heels! Daz, Becky is right, you can't truly know if you can walk easily in very high shoes until you have worn them for hours at a time and on all sorts of surfaces. Your shoe size of course makes a big difference too. As a size 8 I can wear 5 1/2" heels all day long, something a size 5, for example, would find much more of an effort.

i thank you for your constructive input becky, or sarcasm wh(whichever it may be), but rather than have a catfight with your comments when not knowing that much about me, i will simply set us straight I dont know how often you read our stories, but if you did you wouldve read that many times myself, and other members of this board participate in meets, as well as escapades of our own which involve the same amount of hours walking as any day youve ever had to go through too, and i can say i can comfortably walk in the heels i specified for at least the full day/weekend from actually doing it. I am not a 'bedroom' wearer as you kindly suggested, and given that society was a little more equal, then you would certainly see my meters of usage upto the same level as any girl. Unfortunately because of the way the world is, certain situations (work, family opinions etc) my opportunities to wear are not as easily decided as perhaps yours. Anne-Louise, although i may be not so flexible as perhaps yourself to wear the heights youve obviously practised hard to wear (5inch +) my original point was that girls wear 3in heels or lower, with hardly any lift, and try and make out as if they are the hardest thing in the world to wear, which springs my mind to my own heelwearing usually of which is 4.5in, my fav height, and also people like you to mind which wear the higher heels daily. If you re-read my original post you will see this with that said, let the original topic contunie Daz

Daz, You're right - I don't know you very well and by the sound of it you don't know women very well either, judging by your comments of us allegedly moaning that it is uncomfortable to wear anything over 3". How can you compare these ad-hoc "heel meets" and "your own escapades" as a comparison for our heel wearing - you're living in a fantasy world. I wear heels from 8am - 7pm, five days of the week, if I go out during the evening and all day at the weekend. I'm sure most women would handle wearing 4.5" heels just strutting around their bedroom and the occasional "heel meet" without any problems either. My advice to you is wear them as often as I or any other woman does then come back and say you can wear them comfortably. In all fairness to you, I also find it annoying when men exaggerate about the size of things too. :roll:

Becky i will excuse your ignorance, but i think you are missing the point. For a start our heelmeets usually last for a complete day, and probably include more walking than your day of sat in the office, and a walk to work from the bus or whatever. My point with that is more towards you stating that if heels are worn for any length of time, they get more uncomfortable, and yes from experience i do know this. As said previously, i have spent an entire weekend in London wearing nothing but heels, have worn heels for full days out with my girlfriend, and on heelmeets and did not have one moan about my feet. I find it rather insulting that you assume because i am a man and do not have the facility to strut in my heels whenever i please, that i am less than capable of wearing a fairly high pair of heels for any length of time. I dont wear heels indoors at all, what would be the point. Shoes are for outside. Perhaps from your response you felt that i came barging onto your section of the board to slag off women. If this is the case please accept my apologies because that was not my intention, rather to join your conversation. I would have thought being higher heel wearers you would agree that the women who complain about their 3in heels (that they have ample practice walking in most days) are using a pretty lame excuse. And maybe not in your own prvate world, but in the real world, people the likes of my girlfriend, my mates girlfriend, my mum, my cousin, a few people at work, who wear relatively low heels and complain of their discomfort., so yes it does happen. i wil look forward to your reply daz

I think you are the one who is showing ignorance and a little immaturity - "you heel meets last a complete day".....wow!"

Daz, I wear heels for arduous shopping with my friends and we walk and walk and you have to remember that women do this on a regular basis. Nearly everything we do involves wearing heels - unlike you.

You can make your comments about women complaining, which is your prerogative. However it is not insulting for me to say that you have neither the experience, or the knowledge to comment on us women moaning at wearing 3" heels.

This section of the board is for women to post their comments and is not mine – although the men are seem to dominate this area more than the women. I do however find your comment rather offensive because you seem to think that wearing heels as little you do can justify you absurd comments.

Well if that is the case, then surely with all my little experience, and much less practice than 'all you women' then surerly it would be harder for someone such as myself to wear heels for a full day altogether, even on a heelmeet or an outing as a weekend? Obviously there must be more hours in your day for walking than mine? With as much heelwearing as you do, and the women i mentioned, noone really has an excuse to complain about enough practice, therefore i believe you have answered my first question, and also annulled your own point, as for immaturity, then your gaul to continue with your ignorant opinions as to my heelwearing abilities i believe you score top of the board. I didnt target you in particular, however you chose to direct this topic to insulting me personally, Heelwearing isnt such a difficult skill that you can state that i wouldnt know enough about because i dont do it 24/7. I still know what it feels like to wear them for 10 hours in a day so why should it make any difference that you do it more often. Its like saying if i do 20000 miles a yr driving, im a better driver than you if you only clock up 10000. You can still drive, therefore in comparison, i can wear heels, and even my probably 18 or so years of on and off occasional wearing, qualifys enough to have had 'experience' in heels. My comments were of mild nature and aimed only at certain individuals of whom i did mention in example, and would even back me up with my statement htemselves. Therefore you should not exert such a nasty opinion of either myself or my abilities, or generalising all women into the same category as yourself which is not the case.

Daz, your obviously an opinionated you lad who knows nothing about long term heel wearing and the problems that it can cause. We can walk quite happily in heels but after many years of heel wearing the feet start to become slightly deformed with the shape of the high heeled shoe and this can cause discomfort. Your analogy of driving is absolutely rubbish. The more experience of driving you have the better the driver you become, surely even you can see that from having past your driving test - or are you old enough? Your initial comments were to belittle women by saying that we should wear "real heels" and you made an arrogant comment to the effect that with your little experience you can wear heels better than we can. There I think we should quit............and P.S. take your snide comments to the guys section.

Whew! Cough, cough.......!!!!! Someone open the window and let out some of the smoke. Call a truce. Daz, Becks is a treasure that we cherish dearly. And, Anne_Louise is an important poster here, as well. Let's not get too carried away with this issue. I, along with a lot of the other guys visiting this forum, wish that we could wear heels as long and as often as women can.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree with Bubba. Can we please now see an end to this futile argument Daz and Becky? You are both valued members of this board and are each furthering the cause of heel-wearing in your own admirable ways. But it is not a competition between men and women wearers and never should be. Having ventured-out together, hand in hand, in some of of our highest heels, my wife and I have long shown that the best way of men and women enjoying heels is to go for it it a savour doing it together. That is why we always invite people to our Heel-Meets by announcing "Guys and Gals all welcome". If either sex starts championing their own heel-wearing prowess, it inevitably reads as though the other sex is being belittled, which doesn't achieve anything and only causes disharmony and hurt on the board. We are a very special and precious little heely community here, so why start tearing ourselves apart? I suggest that we should all think positive try and focus upon and admire the best heel-wearing activities of the opposite sex rather than being negative about each other's efforts. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

My first comment, i can see from your replies Becky of how you must have understood what i wrote, however it was not the intention to belittle anyone. What i posted here was probably more towards the admiration of the female posters here who wear their 5.5in heels daily, in comparison to the people i mentioned who complain about 3in heels and LOWER as if they were some great challenge. Further to that, lets end this silly argument as it is rapidly approaching a silly stage, with personal insults flying around that should never have been sparked. Daz

Daz, Firstly, nothing in your initial post shows or makes any reference to the admiration of the female posters that wear 5 1/2" heels. Secondly, you must understand that women have smaller feet and as such will find it more difficult to wear higher heeled shoes, i.e. a woman with size 5 feet will find wearing 3" heels comfortable, but guys who have size 10 feet will find wearing 5" heels comfortable - its physics Daz. So, don't go measuring what you wear against what we wear and then saying that it annoys you when we moan - because that in turn that annoys me, as you have seen :roll: Finally, I'll agree to stop retaliating as long as you stop posting comments about what I've said and what you're trying to say – don’t forget that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

There seems to be an opinion among many heel men that any woman not wearing 6" stilletos is wasting her opportunities.

This is utter crap!

There also seems to be an opinion among many ladies that post here that all us guys actually believe that.

This too is utter crap.

Most of us heel men can manage very high heels for limited periods, maybe as much as a day at a time, I for one can manage 5" heels quite comfortably for a day at a heel meet (never used to be able to) and eventually I hope to gradually increase my heels toward the 6" mark until I can actually walk in my 7.5inchers!!!

I do know however, and I'm sure that Daz would agree if he gave it some thought, that to wear 5" heels 24/7 would be a major challenge even if my lifestyle would permit it. It is quite a different matter carrying the fatigue of the previous day's heel wearing through to the following day than just wearing them on odd occassions or just for lounging around the house.

When you consider that on a size 9 (UK) foot a 5" heel would be much like a 4" heel on a size 4 foot- which is why I have so much admiration for women who often wear 5"+ heels with apparent ease.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Wearing very high heels will eventually damage your knees and will shorten the tendons in the backs of your legs. This is not too bad if you are a woman and you can wear high heels all the time. But if you are a man who has to wear flat shoes for your job It can be a problem. I spent a year out of work in 2000 and all through the winter I studied at home for a qualification. As I had the house to myself I wore a straight skirt and 4" heel court shoes all day. This made me walk a completely different way and modified the shape of my legs. When I went back to work in the summer I soon pulled the tendons at the back of my ankles which was extremely painful. The only relief that I could get was to wear shoes with a 4" heel which was impossible at work. Wearing 5" heels all the time might be ok when you are in your 30's but by the time you get to your 50's you will find that they have damaged your legs, I know I have got the Tee shirt! I would therefore not recommend wearing very high heels for any length of time, and like Becky say's it depends on the shoe size what constitutes a high heel. I never wear anything higher than 4" now and I take a size 11 UK.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Having already agreed with Bubba, I agree with Dr Shoe as well. Wise words! Nothing whatsoever is gained by either sex criticising the other. As I say, let's all appreciate the opposite sex's good points instead of trying to find fault and bad things to say. Let me set the example: Women are GREAT. They look magnificent in heels - fantastic! Well done all you girls! As I've said on these forums before, speaking as someone who has enjoyed well over forty years of public street-heeling, for me even all that great enjoyment pales into insignificance beside the sheer bliss of seeing a wonderful girl in wonderful high stiletto heels! Daz, if some girls aren't interested in seriously high heels, or regard a modest 3" as being too high, then so be it - it's their choice. For me (the eternal cheerful optimist), it makes it all the more special when a seriously high-heeled lady walks by. Wowee! Schakaroonee! Kerpow! Shazam! Wahay! Simply one hundred and one per cent amazing! AAAaaaarrrgh! Swoon - incredible! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Becky in reply to you i will say the following. Maybe i shouldve been a bit clearer in my initial post. I usually post here last thing in the day and my mind is often somewhere else or on cloud cuckoo land, so may be i miss things out but thats what work does for you. I admit i had not fully considered what you say about foot size. Dr Shoe i believe explained the difference for us, and i can imagine that the lucky people with smaller feet can enjoy a higher arch. Also Dr Shoe is right with the lifestyle, and with what you said regards to longer term wear, and developing problems etc, i dont have a problem with this as a valid point. I will add however that my comments referred probably more directly to Jade or my cousin who both wear uk sz7 (myself sz8 ) so there is no real difference between us. Also she wears heels about as frequently as i probably do, simply because she finds anything from 3in + uncomfortable, which i find strange (rather than annoying as i put b4) when like i mentioned i can wear a 4.5 in heel for the same length of time and not get pain, where her 3in shoes cause discomfort, same story with my cousin, and from overheard chat, a couple at work too. I simply felt that with the ease you find to wear your more extreme heights that you would find this strange too. I hope that this clarifies what i intended to get across. I feel there was a little confusion and we both missed the point that we each were trying to say, whch fuelled the little argument, but i hope that we can put this behind us, and continue our friendly posts as normal :roll: daz

Every girl should be trained to walk, stand, and wear high heels... When i reference high heels i am referring to heels higher than 4 inches, many women wear 3 inch heels and consider themselves high heel wearers, well in my opinion and only mine a high heel starts at 4 inches and a really high heel for going out either to work, dinner, dancing, is a 5 inch spike heel... higher than 5 inches is simply not realistic for extended periods of wear, i have trained numerous girls and they all have 4, 5, 6 and even 7 inch heels, but 4 inch stiletto's are perfect for work, 5 inches for other outing and 6 and 7 inches are perfect for play time

I don't want to fuel the flames of the Becky/Bubba dispute, I'm still getting to grips with the notion of men wearing women's style heels as part of their usual male attire! That's a matter that has, I know, been discussed before and doubtless will again in a separate thread. It shouldn't be necessary to emphasise however the obvious point that with my rather large (size 8 U.K.) feet I can comfortably wear much higher shoes than a size 4, and likewise a man who takes a size 10 is likely to be able to walk quite easily in heels. I'm much more interested in the contribution from Greatspikeheels. Are we really to believe, in the twenty-first century, that all girls SHOULD be trained to wear heels? Of course any girls, once they've stopped growing, should be encouraged if they WANT to, and shouldn't be deterred by any social pressures. For those of us so inclined there is great satisfaction to be had from wearing the highest heels possible, and I for one will, health permitting, continue to do so for the rest of my days! However the idea that it should be a social convention for all women to wear heels, or any other kind of clothing for that matter, is very strange indeed; it brings to mind such things as Chinese foot-binding or early-years corset-training. Happily we live, or I thought we lived, in more enlightened times. I, like other members here, am living proof that heels higher than 5" are fine for prolonged daily wear, given the advantages of strong joints and flexible feet and ankles, so it's impossible to generalise about such things - we are all made differently, and what might be painfully impractical for one is going to be unremarkable for someone else. I apologise in advance if I have misunderstood the thought behind the posting, and please don't accuse me of indulging in a 'feminist rant'. I don't subscribe to any particular philosophy about such things, preferring to make up my own mind about the rights and wrongs of social behaviour, and I do find rather bizarre the thought of the kind of compulsion suggested by Greatspikeheels. Anne Louise

Hmm, is anyone interested in my thread any more? I guess this will happen all the time since you guys can't keep to the actual subject, always your thoughts that counts. Can't you leave a little bit of space for us without thoughtless comments. I thought this was a forum for sharing interests, but it doesn't seem like that. This will be my last contribution to this site, because I'm getting tired of all the "bezzerwizzers" here, and you will miss some of my best newly taken shots. I will simply change forum. I asked before if this was a TV-forum, well, this really makes me wonder. Some of you should stay in the closet, don't you agree gals? :roll:

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

Vanity, I'm afraid I've helped to redirect things a little, and I apologise. I simply wondered why in a forum which is dedicated to a common interest there should be quite so much angst from time to time. Passion maybe, but carping, aggression and insults do seem to be out of place on such a site. Vanity, I look on you, Lucy and some others as kindred spirits, so please hang on in there, otherwise we all might gradually drift away, then it would become an all-male site! The consequences of that are too horrible to contemplate! Anne Louise

Well said. Please don't go Vanity, you will be missed. We are very much like some kind of family, a little dysfunctional maybe but a family nontheless and in any family you are going to get some argumentative old sod, set in they're ways but still with love to share.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yes, I'm so sorry to hear about your family bereavement, but please don't go Vanity! As Anne-Louise says, please don't let out precious little band of high-heel-liking girls get to be an even smaller minority than it already is! Despite the "invasions" of heel-wearing fellas (who overspill from their own designated threads and go off-topic through their sheer enthusiasm), I firmly maintain that this High Heel Meeting Place and Jenny's Forum are still the best places on the entire Net for us to be on. Look at the good sides: 1. There's no pornography due to our excellent rules and moderators. 2. Overly offensive behavior is curtailed by the same machinery. 3. There are approximately 1,400 members - a wonderful international community of high heel appreciators! That includes kindred spirits like you and me and Candice, Erica, Anne-Louise, Candi, Phuong, Laurie, Inga, Debbie, Anita, Vivienne, Gina, TexasBumpkin and a few other shining examples. Where else will we find such a super community? It can be a little irritating if the heely fellas crash in and throw us off topic, but I can't find it in my heart to remain forever angry with them, because it is all straightforward over-enthusiasm! They do have their problems, because many of them post that they feel inhibited from wearing exciting heels to openly because of the ingrained conventions and potential ridicule from society, so I'm sure that much of the over-invasive and off-topic posting on our forums is another way of getting noticed by people, to try and give a outlet to their frustrations. I think it is worth (perhaps with a little more help from the moderators) us girls putting up with these odd incursions, in order to continue enjoying and appreciating the best aspects of these unique and special forums. As I say Vanity, please stay with us! If it'll reassure you if I get back on topic (which is what you wanted), here goes: Yes, I've noticed myself that some of my friends (all nice people) do tend to exaggerate when describing their heels - especially recent purchases, so that when I get to see them, '5" heels' turn out to be 4", and '4" heels turn out to be 3" and so one. However, I have a cure for that! I make sure that I turn up in my GENUINELY 5" heels or 5 1/2" heels or whatever height they are claiming to have, and then I offer my heel up against theirs and shame them into observing the difference. Next time around, I find they are less inclined to exaggerate! Love, Lucy Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Ok, I have tried to stay out of this one, but I think some people are over looking something here. I noticed over the years that I been on this board that the number of "normal" women has only recently increased been participating here. Most of the time under the gals section we've had one's selling their web sights, or who are cd's and tv's. These people were not overly concerned about men being intrusive into the Gals section. Nor have voiced there concern of it being such a problem. I am willing to bet since this is a largely male member board, most of us men properly never to bother to check the index title on weather it's under the right gender to post on. This is because we are not use to having active women members (I know I have done this). It's also a numbers game on the posting side of things, we don't like to be wearing comfy loafers :roll: and we all like to be wearing Debbie’s 6" Oxfords!!!! :) There for I suggest that the women polity and politically enforce their section "for women only" One other thing, LADIES!!! PLEASE, BRING UP ANY PROBLEMS TO THE MODERATORS!!!! they have been very active and effective in keeping this board friendly for all.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Becky, I have been a devoted reader of these forums for several years now and have witnessed many people come and go due to misunderstandings and sometimes blatant rudeness. One thing about the internet is there is no emotion from speech pattern conjecture involved, and hence the true meaning of one's words are easily misunderstood. After thoroughly reading this topic and seeing the direction it has taken, there were several misunderstandings and even some rude comments made that were uncalled for. The original topic was people lying about heel height and Daz did have a valid point in his original post here... "it annoys me when some women at work talk about how uncomfortable their 'high' heeled shoee, and theyre usuall only about 3" at that. Quite silly when i with about an 10000th of their heel experience can easily wear 4.5-5" without a problem. I think some people need introducing to real high heels, but id say in general, young girls or women dont measure their heels anyway." In his defense, there are MANY women out there who routinely complain about their "high heels," and when you look at what they're wearing, one wonders "What heels?!?!" because they're 2 1/2" - 3" heels. I can thoroughly understand and accept a complaint from a gal who's wearing 4 1/2 - 5" heels as these are truly challenging. But 3"?? I'm quite certain that if you, Becky, were wearing 3" heels which FIT PROPERLY, you wouldn't complain a bit. The main point here is what qualifies as a HIGH HEEL varies from one person to the next!! To most on these forums, we're talking about 4 1/2" or higher. As for his comment "Quite silly when i with about an 10000th of their heel experience can easily wear 4.5-5" without a problem," he does have a valid point, WHEN REFERENCED DIRECTLY TO THOSE WHO GRIPE ABOUT 3" HEELS...Not necessiarily about those who wear 5"+ heels though...And I don't believe he was commenting towards yourself or any other woman who wears 5"+ heels regularly. I would find it comical (if not tragic) to hear complaints about 3" heels being too high or uncomfortable after my own experiences in heels, even though I have not worn my 5"+ heels for weeks on end. As a male who regularly reads here, it would become truly boring if all the women left. Us guys cherish your stories, thoughts and inputs. And not all of us feel that it should be compulsory for a girl to wear high stiletto heels. It saddens me when a woman refuses to open her mind to the possibility of wearing high heels, but to each their own. If a gal doesn't want to wear heels, then that's her choice in fashion. As for guys wearing heels, I feel it is tragic that society is so down on this behavior. Women have been 'crossdressing' for years without any infringement on their rights to choose their own clothes from men (except in the beginning of the pants revolution when men objected...) Women now regularly shop in all sections of a store to find what suites them best in fit, fashion and comfort. Even though I'm not a CD/TV/TS I feel it's really sad that men are frowned upon by most of society for taking the same approach to clothing. After all, they're only clothes (or shoes!!) In closing, I feel that there has been a TERRIBLE misunderstanding starting directly at the root of this topic. Vanity has stated a desire to stop posting here because of how off topic this post has gotten and I sincerely hope she reconsiders. As for the original topic, I can only speak for the experiences my wife and I have shared. She has tried to exaggerate the actual height of her heels to me occasionally, but has been corrected and even impressed when she realized the true height she was wearing. She has had friends who have tried the same and we get a little private laugh at their ignorance :-) I've said my piece and hence return the board back to the women in hopes that more will join in here and participate :-) Happy Heeling!!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Ann_Louise wrote:

I don't want to fuel the flames of the Becky/Bubba dispute,

Are you sure you meant Bubba (me), A_L? I don't have any pick with Becky. In fact, I think Becks is the greatest and wish she would appear here more often. :roll:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

i think bubba has a 'thing' for becky :roll: as for vanity, i am too sorry to hear of your family deceased. Ive recently had someone pass away and it is not nice. I would like to apologise for intruding your original thread with our little argument (over nothing i might add) although what i originally posted related to your topic. I hope with that in mind you will not decide to avoid the board. Myself and many others would be sad to see you go. With regards to us intruding i will say this. Personally i feel that as all the men on this board are going to support and understand each other with regards to heelwearing, it is nice to join a converstion with someone not a high heeled bloke to talk about heels/get opinions for ourselves with someone different. I often note that the most common thread started many times over is by a newish menber asking female opinions of what they think of us in heels. Also i dont often see many replies from females in the guys section so i suppose its natural to come to this section to ask the questions. daz

Threads are going to go off-topic. I'm sorry this one has, but that's life. I also don't think some things that were said were very appropriate including telling people to go elsewhere and reference to snide or ignorant comments. Please, let's get back on topic to Vanity's original subject, and be civil to each other and if you can't manage to be nice then don't post it.