Nails for Males is here!

Now men can discover the joys of nail polish! Nails for males is here!

Of course i will stick to my Maybelline "wet shine" prefectly clear & AVON white ethereal simmer!

All the nails for males stuff is, is womens clear polsih with a matted finish. But its kool that they make the stuff for men, & i love the name!

http://www.folica.com/Orly_Nails_for__r517_1.html

What's the point? Does it make your nails stronger or something?

Chris

Probably it does.

If in addition, they carry it in nail salons, then you can go and get a manicure which can be a relaxing experience, and can sometimes be beneficial.

the truth shall make you fret

I think it's in the wrong forum - I doubt any of you are trying to hide anything, including your choice of nail color. Perhaps this ought to be moved to the For the Guys section... I know it's becoming vogue around here for straight guys (particularly business execs and those in customer service) to get manicures, and I also know quite a few whose nails look painted in either a satin, or semi-gloss, rather than buffed.

• 2 weeks later...

decoration chris i think is the term. Some find it appealing some not. Like when i had my ear pierced a while back etc :D

I can't see how clear matt nail polish counts as decoration. Surely you wouldn't be able to see it?

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

For you guys (& gals) who like to take care of your nails and go the extra mile and paint them as well...Take a look at the book "Toerrific".

Its a great source of info and shows the reader how to do the perfect pedicure.

Heres the link.. Toerrific

jim

Posted Image

There's nothing nicer looking than a woman, with nicely pedicured and polished toenails, wearing sandals. However, there's nothing worse looking than an woman with the polish cracking andwearing off of her toes wearing a pair of sandals. :D The first, denotes to me that she cares of her appearance. The latter denotes to me that she isn't to interested in her appearance.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello to all: I too love to get my toenails pedicured, I especially like Bright Red or Hot Pink and the classic French Nail look. When I go out in the warmer seasons I usually have my nails done up so when I slip into my 5" strappy High Heeled sandals or Wedges my feet look hot. The combination of the polish and strappy sandals really garner a lot of attention, but mostly :) from women. Most women will talk to me and compliment me on my shoes and my pedicure. Some times I will wear Pantyhose nude with sheer toe but it dampens the look of the nail polish, but whatever I wear it always looks good and feels good. Feel free to wear what you want........... HI HEELS FOREVER!!!!!!

What do you wear in the winter, IAMHIHEELOVER? It's nice to see someone from Virginia, where I used to live, commenting on this forum. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

OK, how to solve this problem: In summer when I go for a pedicure I make sure to wear sandals or slippers so that I do not ruin the pedicure when I put on my shoes. But, it is 5F ( about -15C0 here in Massachusetts right now and there is 2 feet of snow lying around. Whenever I wear boots shortly after the pedicure I find that it scufss the polish. I can't sit around for an hour in the pedicure place to let it completely harden. Any solutions ? Run through the snow in slippers ?

Dear Bubba136 It is also nice to see someone from Virginia too. In response to your question what do I wear for the winter months? ..... I like to wear an assortment of different shoes, mostly pumps in different styles such as open toed slingbacks which show off my painted nails and sometimes my strappy sandals when the weather is mild enough and occassionally when I'm feeling naughty :) I will break out my 5" Stilletto Black Patent Thigh High Boots. I usually stick with 5" and sometime 5.5" heels because I have trouble walking with shoes over 5.5" and my feet are used to the 5" range because I wear Heels all the time. The newest thing that I'm have gotten into is toe rings which come in a multitude of styles and metals. The Classic gold one with a smooth band really compliments my feet along with my Pedicure. I generally don't wear Pantyhose in the summer with the Sandals because it obsures my polish and jewerly and takes away from the look, but in the winter months I usually wear Pantyhose with my pumps and boots to keep my feet from chaffing and for the warmth it provides. I look forward to talking to you again and anybody else who has similar interests. :o Feel free to wear what you want...........HI HEELS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I wear red nail polish on my toes and on my fingers as well, I thought that clear nail polish was for the top coat of the nail and a buffed or matt look is horrible. IMO . I also like to have acrylic nails put on and I like the look of a shiny long nail on my hands. On my feet I like a shiny well pedicureed look espeacly with my sandals .

77r90dL lf

I agree that the topcoat should be a High Gloss Finish which should be rather obvious, because what would be the purpose to paint your nails if not to show them off. I also like the Red Nail Polish on my toes and sometimes a really Hot Pink. I tried acrylic Nails on my fingers but they don't really work for me, but I always keep my finger nails cleanly manicured and with a High-Gloss Top coat. :P:P:D (BTW) Priscilla I like your picture of your Boot...very nice. Where did you purchase that style of Boots?

i think the point is that it is not gloss. i wear a nail hardener which is high gloss and rather obvious. but then again, if its not obvious, why wear polish?

I too only adorn my nails with a high gloss nail hardener, which I use to help prevent nail splitting, but come warmer weather here I will do a python print on my nails with a textured scaley clearcoat over the pigments coats. Hint: Press tulle netting into the top clearcoat while it's still tacky and remove to create the scale texture. (If you want more detail PM me)

Then to top it all off out come the python boots.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 5 months later...

I have used the Nails for Males polish -- it's not glossy, but it's not a perfectly "matte" finish, either -- it's somewhere in between. High-luster without looking glassy. It's worth trying if you want some shine but don't want to attract a lot of attention. If you get an American manicure (like a French, but with more natural-looking off-white tips) with the Nails for Males as a top coat it creates a very natural, clean look.

I only wear clear polish on my fingers, but my toes are always bright red because I wear sandals all year. If you are going to wear open toe heels, it is very important to have red toenails.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

• 4 weeks later...

I once saw a TV report of Shaq O'Neal wearing dark nail and toe polish. It could become a fad, if he should change to brighter colors.

Bubba136:-) I see on the news that Shag wants to be a policeman and helped solve a case recently. He also received an award for it. He is probably making a lot more money being an athelete than he will make being a cop. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!