Santa Barbara meetup?

Nicole

Just to let folks know, I'll be in and out of heels for the next 3 weeks or so. If anyone wants to meet up in Santa Barbara, let me know. If it remains as hot as it was today, I imagine I'll mostly be out of heels though.

the truth shall make you fret

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Not a chance, I'm afraid. I'm going to be occupied for the next nine months with writing my dissertation (PhD maths) and finding a job. Also, my wife will be home most of the time, so, as per usual, the heels and things will be buried in the closet.

:D Bummer. Reading about all these heel outings has made me want to take some of my babies out for a day in the sun. But I think I'd only be willing to do it if I was joined by fellow heelaholics. I guess it's the whole safety in numbers thing. Although Hollywood isn't far and it's not a rare sight to see all types of people dressed in pretty much anything you can imagine, I'm still not so sure I wouldn't chicken out after taking my first step. Good luck with the dissertation. Maybe when you're done we can set up a meet to celebrate.

Nicole,

If we can make you change your mind, I could be around for a heel meet-up on Saturday Oct 9. Could be a good distraction from writing a thesis. I will be in LA, but if we get folks for a meet-up in Santa Barbara, I can drive there.

Right now, it's not really the thesis that's the problem. It's the job applications. Basically, I have to get off a batch of job applications every week until January.

Of course, the major problem (for a heel meetup, that is) is that my wife will be in town, which means the heels will be buried in my closet.

Thanks for the invite though.

I apologise for the delayed response. Our server was down. I've put a bit more thought into it now. If you are still interested in coming up to Santa Barbara, then I think that I will be available that day (Sat 9th Oct). Making a (false) excuse to leave home won't be necessary, since generally I do my work on campus rather than at home. Bear in mind that I am a student and as such my schedule is subject to sudden changes. Also, I am currently stricken with chicken pox, and I do not know when I will be back in circulation. I will probably have an outfit on campus, but I may not feel comfortable changing into it there. (Most of my colleagues are unaware of my interest in cross-dressing.) I suggest that we meet somewhere in Downtown Santa Barbara on State Street. Do you have any particular preferences, with regard to what kind of place we should meet?

I'm definitely still game. But if you're not feeling well (how can you even get out of bed if you've got chicken pox?) by then or if your schedule changes, we could put it off. I'm not picky on where we meet up or what we do. I haven't been in downtown SB in 5 or 6 years so I wouldn't be able to suggest any particular place. I'm all for any place where we could sit down (preferably outdoors.. with a good cup of java) and chat. Loveheel? What say you? Are you up for a drive to SB? Now my only delimma becomes which pair do I wear? :D

It's probably going to take you between 2 to 3 hours depending on where you are in Los Angeles and how forgiving traffic is. I don't know of any heel shops personally, but I'm sure Nicole will have that part covered. I've got it covered when we do a LA/Hollywood meet. I see I've graduated to some new footwear. Oh lordy, these are even uglier than the loafers. Firefox, I think you're unduly harsh on the newbies around here. :D

Getting out of bed is not too hard. I hope to feel better by October. There's lots of outdoor places along State St. I'm not well up on where there are good cups of coffee. Traffic willing, it's a 2 hour drive up here. I do not recommend coming up on a Friday. Traffic coming out of L.A. will be appalling.

I forgot about the shoe shopping bit. It depends on what you're looking for. The first issue is size. I take a ladies size 11, but some size 10s will fit. This is good, because few shops go above size 10. One of the department stores does, as does payless. Then what sort of heels are you into. If, like me, you're starting point is 5" classic pumps, then this is not your town. Besides Payless, there are three other shoe shops. One is nine west, which has very nice styles. Another is Generation Y which is a bit more fetish/dancer oriented; motly platform sandles. There is a third which has recently opened up, but i've not visited. Several of the clothes boutiques have shoe selections as well. The department stores have large selections but are rather expensive (Saks, Macys, Nordstroms). There are a lot of ladies clothing boutiques which range quite a bit in price. For this reason, clothes shopping has been a better bet for me than shoe shopping.

All of those places sound great to me. I don't know if I should go inside a Saks though. knowing me, I wouldn't be able to resist something in there which winds up costing me what four other pairs somewhere else would.

I definitely want to hit the Nine West and Gen Y store. Are either of you into platforms?

...If, like me, you're starting point is 5" classic pumps,...

And we wear the same size. I hope we don't find the last pair of something we both want. :argue: :D

i'm not really looking to purchase anything, so no worries if you get the last pair

Oh suuuuure. You say that now, but just wait till we both reach for those awesome pumps at the same time. :D

Let's pick a spot to meet up. Can you name any place off the top of your head on State St.? Anywhere we can meet up at and go from there.

Wetzel's Pretzel's is a pretty good meeting point. It's centrally located at the entrance to the outdoor mall (Paseo Nuevo), and within a couple of blocks of Payless and Saks. I believe it's on the 700 block of State Street, just a few meters up from Ortega. It is on the side with odd numbered street addresses. If you walk along State up from Ortega, you should pass by an entrance to one of the department stores (I'm not sure which one), and then the entrance to Paseo Nuevo will be a few steps after that. Wetzel's Pretzels is on the right hand side of that entrance. There are some outdoor tables there, with seats, so it's a relatively comfortable meeting place.

Sounds perfect.

I did a quick search and came up with this...

http://www.santabarbara.com/community/shopping/paseo_nuevo/default.asp

Loveheel? You're awful quiet over there. How does this all sound to you? Shall we set a tentative time?

By the way, I was reading Heelfan's thread about setting up a heel meet and came across the part where he mentioned "heel wearing is NOT compulsory." Which, I must say, sent a bit of a cold chill down my spine.

I'm not going to be the only one sporting my babies that day, am I? :D

Hi guys, Apologies for being absent. I have been under the weather. Was in bed with the flu for a few days. Maybe we should work out the details of our meet by PM. I hadn't quite counted on it being a 2hr drive to SB, but I am checking if I can make it work out since I still have business stuff to do on Sat morning.

Welcome back Loveheel. I was hoping you hadn't had a change of heart. Nicole and I have tentatively agreed on meeting in downtown SB. We can work out any time you like that would work for your morning schedule. I'm going to take Firefox's advice and E-mail some folks to see if we can expand our meeting a bit. Where are the rest of the Cali heelers???